Grease Monkey Part 4

Printer-friendly version

Two weeks have gone by since Henry managed to convince Alpha Plumbing to contract them to maintain their fleet of company trucks. They also landed another contract with two security companies as well. The first one was called Strong Dog Security and the second one was Storm Guard Security.

Storm Guard Security also did remote security protection. That meant the garage, the holding area, the storage area, and the motorcycle shop were all protected. They all had video and audio cameras. All the windows and doors had alarm sensors on them and motion detectors inside the garage and motorcycle shop as well.

Charlene was sound asleep when she gets a call in the middle of the night. She turns over and grabs her cellphone off the nightstand and presses accept “hello?”

“Hello Mrs. Easton, this security professional Williams with Storm Guard Security. There’s a security alarm at your garage going off. We have already called Mr. Brickhouse.”

“Alright, do you know which alarm went off?” Charlene sits up in bed.

“Yes ma’am. It was the back door to the garage.”

Charlene knew that only a few people had access to that door. She, Henry, Jose, and Kevin had a key, but she had Henry get Kevin’s key before he left.

“Alright, thank you, Mr. Williams. Go ahead and reset the alarm, if you haven’t already.”

“It’s already been reset by Mr. Brickhouse, ma’am.”

“Okay and thank you again.” Charlene ends the phone call.

Charlene calls Henry on his cellphone.

Grease Monkey Garage:
Henry was walking around the garage making sure nothing was broken or missing. He had called Jose in to help him. He remembered one time when he came down to the garage by himself and got jumped by two guys.

“Do you see anything missing, Jose?” Henry looks over towards Jose.

“Nothing is missing that I can see.” Jose had looked over everything.

Just as Henry was about to say something, his cellphone starts ringing. He knew right away who was calling him. He pulls his cellphone out and presses accept “hello Charlene.”

“Hey Henry, is there anything wrong down at the garage?” Charlene was still sitting in her bed.

“Everything looks okay. Someone tried coming through the back door using a crowbar.” Henry had looked at it and noticed the steel door and frame were bent.

“Any idea who it might have been?”

“One, but the guy was wearing a hood. There was no way I can confirm who the two of us thin it is.” Henry was thinking it was Kevin.

Ever since they let him go from the shop. They have been getting phone messages from an unlisted number.

“None of the cars have parts missing, do they?” Charlene knew Kevin use to take parts off of the cars waiting to be worked on or just given to them because the owners couldn’t pay for the report.

“I haven’t checked outside yet. Once Jose and I are done in here, we’ll go out into the yard and check.”

“Alright, call me if you need me to come down to the garage.” Charlene didn’t mind going to the garage.

“I will. Go back to bed. You have to take Tonya to school in the morning.” Henry knew Charlene drops Tonya off at school, before coming into the garage.

“Alright, see you tomorrow.”

“Night Charlene.” Henry ends the call.

Charlene puts her cellphone back down on her nightstand and curls back up under the blankets. She tries to fall back asleep before she has to get up to take Tonya to school and her to work.

She manages to fall back asleep before she is woken at six in the morning.

She gets up and goes over to her old bedroom and opens the door. She always leaves the door slightly open for Tonya, so she doesn’t think she is locking her inside her bedroom as her mother did.

“Alright, sleepy head, time to get up and get ready for school.” Charlene gently shakes Tonya’s shoulder.

Tonya slowly opens her eyes and looks at Charlene standing by her bed. A smile appears on her face “do I have to?”

“Yes, you do, sleepy head. If you hurry, I’ll stop by McDonald’s and buy you some breakfast.” Charlene knew Tonya loved McDonald’s breakfast sandwiches.

Tonya jumps out of bed “okay.”

Charlene walks out of the bedroom, while Tonya gets ready for school. She walks across the hallway to her bedroom and starts getting ready for work. She was going to help the guys out in the garage today. She was done with all the paperwork and they were a little behind on jobs.

Once she was dressed, she checks on Tonya and help her. She makes sure her book bag had all her books and supplies. She also puts five dollars in Tonya’s purse to get lunch and a snack.

“Alright, Tonya. Let’s head to work.” Charlene grabs her truck keys and heads downstairs.

Tonya follows behind Charlene. She grabs her house key and put it around her neck. She shuts the door behind her, after locking it. She gets in on the passenger side of the truck.

Half-n-hour later, Charlene pulls into her parking spot. Tonya was at school, after getting breakfast at McDonald’s. She gets out of her truck and walks into the garage. She notices Jose was already there.

“Morning, Jose. I got donuts for everyone.” Charlene had stopped at the bakery this morning and bought a dozen pasties for everyone.

“Cool.” Jose heads towards the office to grab a donut and some fresh coffee.

As he is pouring himself some coffee. He looks at Charlene as she turns her computer on. He notices she was wearing her mechanic coveralls today.

“Are you going to be working out in the shop, today?”

“Yeah, I thought I would you guys a hand.” Charlene was thankful that her father and Henry taught her about cars.

“Just be careful, Charlene. You know how Henry reacts when you’re in the garage working.” Jose takes a sip of his coffee.

“I know.” Charlene walks over to the coffee pot and fixes herself a cup.

She opens the refrigerator and grabs the creamer to pour some into her cup. She puts it back and closes the door. She adds some sugar to her coffee and stirs.

She takes a sip from her coffee cup and moans as it slides down her throat. She sits on the corner of her desk and waits for Henry to show up. After five minutes, he comes walking into the office and spots Charlene and Jose drinking coffee and eating donuts.

“Started without me?” Henry walks over and fixes a cup of coffee.

“Hey, they were fresh. What do you expect?” Charlene bites into an éclair.

Henry just shakes his head as he walks over to his desk where the donuts were. He picks up an apple fritter.

“So, was there anything missing out in the storage area?” Charlene looks at her godfather for an answer.

“Nope, the alarm must have scared whoever the person was off.” Henry bites into his apple fritter.

“That’s good. I still think it is Kevin.” Charlene knew Kevin wasn’t happy when he left.

“Whoever it was, might try again.” Jose knew people like that, don’t allow alarm systems to stop them.

“Your probably right, Jose.” Charlene wonders if she should ask the cops to have a car drive by a few times tonight.

“Let’s not jump the gun, people. Whoever it was might not come back tonight. They might take a few days.” Henry grabs another apple fritter from the box.

“Let’s hope so, Henry.” Charlene was glad she upgraded all the security around the garage.

After everyone finishes their morning breakfast. They walk out into the garage and get to work.

up
186 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Agree with Samantha

Dee Sylvan's picture

Someone needs to send Kevin a clear message that his stealing and cheating ways are going to make life hard for him. 'Grease Monkey' is a wonderful tale and we are the grateful recipients. Thanks for sharing this with us.

DeeDee

I'll bet

It was Kevin too, that or a relative of the little girl.

My first thought

is this is probably going to escalate.