Camelot Network Solutions Chapter 21 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

“Welcome to Camelot Network Solutions, ladies and gentlemen. I hope your employment here is enjoyable and that you make a lot of new friends while you are here.” Kay looks at all the new recruits that have recently been hired.

She knew they vary in age and experience. Some were going to be working on the computer floor and others were hired for different jobs around the castle.

“Now if you could open the laptops in front of you. I’ll walk you through what you need to do on each screen.” Kay brings up the first page everyone should be seeing on the overhead projector.

Jenny looks at the first page and notices everything had already been filled out for her. It had her name, current address, and other information she submitted. She looks up at the person conducting the orientation of new hires.

For the next three hours, Jenny and all the others in the room with her go through each page that Kay has them go to. Most of the stuff she wanted everyone to fill out has already been done but wants everyone to double-check and if necessary, make any corrections to it.

Around noontime, Kay gives everyone an hour lunch break. Most of the new employees head down to the cafeteria. Jenny and a new guy by the name of Jarvis couldn’t believe how nice and clean the place was. Also, they couldn’t believe the variety of food the cafeteria was serving.

Jarvis looks at Jenny as they stood in line “can you believe the food they are serving?”

“No. I’ve never worked anywhere that serves food and gives their employees so many different choices.” Jenny couldn’t believe the selection on display. There were different selections for whatever you wanted.

“You should see what they put out for the holidays.” Terry just happened to be standing behind Jarvis and Jenny.

He decided to go ahead and take his lunch break. He normally liked taking it with Morgana, but she was in a meeting with Arthur, Gloria, and Lancelot. The other higher-ups were busy maintaining things for them.

Jenny turns around and to see who spoke to her and Jarvis and notices a black hair gentleman wearing a custodian uniform. He looked rather handsome “are you one of the custodians around here?”

A smile appears on Terry’s face “yes. The job isn’t as bad as most people think it is.”

Terry enjoyed his job and didn’t mind cleaning up after people. Sure, he could be doing other things, but the money he was making doing maintenance around the castle was nice. His boss was giving him a lot of mess for kissing up to Morgana.

“Still, doesn’t it get frustrating cleaning up after everyone?” Jenny hated doing that type of work.

“Well, I do more than just clean up after people. I also help the maintenance crew and the cafeteria personnel as well.” Terry liked helping the kitchen crew with the meals.

“But you’re a custodian.” Jenny looks confused.

“So, I go where I am needed, and right now that pot-roast needs my attention.” Terry spotted the pot-roast that chef Damaris Greenspan made.

When they go to check out. Terry looks at Jenny and Jarvis “your meals are covered during orientation and your shift.”

“That’s nice of the owners.” Jenny thought that was nice of them.

“They figure you work hard enough that you should be rewarded.” Terry knew why everyone got feels meals with their employment.

Jenny, Jarvis, and Terry sit down at a table and start eating. Jarvis spotted security cameras around the place, but no guards. He was taking inventory of the security precautions the castle had in place.

Jenny was enjoying the stir fry chicken she got for lunch. It was served on top of a bed of vegetable fried rice. They also had hand-made spring rolls to go with it.

While they were eating, Jarvis figures his job here was going to be easy. He’ll need to see what security measures they have in place to prevent people from accessing the servers and mainframe here.

After lunch, Jenny and Jarvis head back to the conference room they were in for orientation. Terry heads back to check in with his boss. He wonders how everything was going at the meeting.

up
119 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Too many loose threads

Plowing stories together hurts the continuity from one to the next.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

There's a New Camelot story coming

The other threads from this story line will be explored and solved.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison