Magical Girl Assassination Squad: Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

Officer Callusy sighed as she rubbed her face. The was the second time that new magical girl was seen in action. This time, there was two different sets of ex-magical girls to pick up. So far, they had been able to keep the press from getting pictures of the girls. Even then, they were only able to do that because they were underage. No pictures allowed without their parent or guardian being present.

Officer Callusy looked around the scene. With this incident being in a mall, she had hoped the security camera would have caught something. But they didn’t. For some reason, all the cameras that had a view of the area stopped working. They didn’t start until after everything was over. She’d be suspicious of someone inside working with this new magical girl if it weren’t for one thing. This happened every time a magical girl got involved. Every camera that could see the fight just stopped working. It didn’t matter what the camera was attached to.

She snagged one of the forensics team as he walked by. “Anything stand out,” she asked.

“It’s just like all the other sites,” the man said. “The only evidence of any of those girls being here are the depowered ones. We know there were more just from eyewitness reports. They’re unsure of the exact number, but they all agree that there were more than these girls here.”

“Why didn’t she shoot all of them then,” Callusy asked herself. “There has to be a reason.” She looked at the forensics technician. “Thank you. Please tell me if you find anything.” The technician nodded and walked away.

Callusy examined the area as she walked around. She could see several security cameras that had a clear view of the scene. Even some of the stores had cameras that had a view. Whoever it was that cleaned up after these girls, they were thorough. And fast. They had stopped everything before the girls were even on camera. All she had left were eyewitness reports. She knew how ‘reliable’ they were.

But they were the best thing she had. And it could have been worse. Thanks to the fact that magical girls had been such a problem for so long, the media was not jumping on this. No, she only had to worry about the family these girls belonged to. And what connections those families had.

She knew this assignment was going to be bad. But she didn’t think it would be this bad.

~ * ~

Rebecca was starting to worry. She and Caitlynn had run away from the brewing magical girl fight. Just like any sane person would. The only problem was that Sam had gone in another direction. And now they did not know where he was. In his current state of mind, that was not a good thing. He’s already tried to commit ‘suicide by bully’ earlier. What would he do now that they weren’t with him?

“We’ll find him,” Caitlynn said. “We’ll get to him before he does anything stupid.”

“Then we need to move faster,” Rebecca said. “This is Sam we’re talking about.”

Caitlynn shot Rebecca a look. “Remember the department store,” Rebecca panted.

Caitlynn’s eyes widened then narrowed. She sped up. She didn’t know what was going through her brother’s head at the time. But she knew it wasn’t good. She was not going to let him do something stupid. “Where do you think he went?”

“There’s too many places he could have gone,” Rebecca said. “Right now, I’m guessing on the park. There are several places there one can go and not be seen.”

“Okay,” Caitlynn said. “So, wouldn’t it be easier if we got a cab or caught the bus?”

Rebecca skidded to a stop. “I hate you right now,” she calmly said.

“What did I do?”

“You’re too calm about this,” Rebecca said as she looked for a cab.

“Just wait until I find my idiot brother,” growled Caitlynn. “Making me worry about him!”

“Don’t kill him.”

“Oh, I won’t kill him,” Caitlynn promised. “I’ll just make him wish he was dead.”

“That’s the problem,” Rebecca said. “I think he already does.”

Caitlynn stared at the other teen. “What,” she said.

“I think Sam wants to die,” Rebecca said. “He hates looking like a girl. That’s why he wears such baggy clothes. They hide his figure. You know this. But now his mother is making him wear clothes that fit. In them, he can’t hide his curves.”

“I thought you liked his curves,” Caitlynn said.

“God, I do,” Rebecca said with a little shiver. “The way he looks when he’s wearing clothes that fit drives me wild. But, as much as I want him to keep wearing them, I can’t make him do it. It’s his body and his choice. I’d be a hypocrite if I did anything else.”

“Couldn’t you just tell him how much you like seeing him in clothes that fit,” Caitlynn asked. “Boys are always falling for things like that.”

“You honestly think Sam would fall for something like that,” Rebecca asked.

“He is a boy,” Caitlynn said. “Wait, he does have the right ‘equipment’, right?”

“I’ll say he does.” Rebecca couldn’t help the grin on her face.

“You have tested it,” Caitlynn asked. “Just to make sure it works, of course.”

“Several times,” Rebecca sighed. Then she caught the look on her boyfriend’s sister’s face. “Ahem. Just to test it. I wanted to know if everything worked.”

Caitlynn stared at her, probable, future sister-in-law. “Just don’t give me any details,” she finally said.

“You asked.”

“I didn’t ask for details,” Caitlynn said. “It’s more than enough to know that my baby brother is having sex. I do not need, nor want, to know more.”

Rebecca grinned. “So, I should tell you how big his dick is?”

Caitlynn gave the teen a look. “Let’s just find him,” she said.

~ * ~

Twenty minutes later, the two teen girls were exiting a taxi at Hartford Park. “Are you sure he’s here,” Caitlynn asked Rebecca.

“Not really,” Rebecca answered. “This is just the nearest park. I don’t think he’d have gone too far. And this has a lot of secluded areas, remember?”

Caitlynn did remember. Hartford Park was also known as Lovers’ Park. There were a lot of places where couples could hide for a little snuggle time. The fact that there were benches and tables in all of them meant that it had been planned that way. “I remember,” she said. “There’s a lot of them. And I don’t want to check all of them either.”

“We shouldn’t have to check all of them,” Rebecca said. “He wouldn’t have chosen any of the nearest ones. I don’t think he would have chosen any of the furthest ones either. So, we just need to check those in the middle.”

“That’s still a lot,” Caitlynn said. “We could be a while doing this.”

“Maybe. But I have an idea of where he could be.” Rebecca started walking. “Follow me,” she said over her shoulder.

Twenty minutes later, the two teen girls were approaching a small grove. While it was near the center of the park, it was also off the beaten path. “He’s most likely here,” Rebecca said.

“I never would have found him,” Caitlynn said. “This place is not easily seen, is it?”

“A lot of people don’t know this is here,” Rebecca agreed. “I wouldn’t have known about it myself if Sam hadn’t shown me.”

The two made their way into the grove. After getting past the trees and low bushes, they came to an open area. Opposite of them was Sam. Lying on the ground, asleep. The girls gasped as a pair of glowing eyes opened in the air above him. It took them a moment to recognize the cat laying on a low hanging branch.

“Selene,” exclaimed Caitlynn. “How did you get here?”

Rebecca eyed the calico cat. “You know,” she said. “There’s something about that cat. Something off. Just what, I don’t know.”

Selene just blinked her eyes.

“It’s a cat,” Caitlynn said. “What else can you expect?” She sighed. “At least Sam’s alright. Let’s wake him and get him home. We’ve had enough excitement for the day.”

They approached the sleeping boy. All the while Selene watched them with unblinking eyes. “Why does she have to stare,” Rebecca asked. “You’d think Sam was her only kitten with the way she’s acting.”

“She’s a cat,” Caitlynn said. “All cats act mysterious at one time or another. It’s like a rule or something.”

Selene started glaring at Caitlynn.

“Rule or not,” Rebecca said as she moved to put Caitlynn between her and Selene. “I wish she’d stop. It’s starting to creep me out.”

“Huh. What,” Sam said as Caitlynn gently shook him awake.

“Look bro,” Caitlynn said. “I know you don’t want to wear girl clothes. But running off like that is not cool. Mom would kill me if we don’t get you some good fitting clothes.”

“And what do you think she’d do to me,” Rebecca asked. “Caitlynn’s her daughter. I’m the dirty bitch who tried to take her son.” She gave a theatrical shudder. “They’d never find my body.”

Sam gave the two girls a flat look. “You know Mom would never do anything like that,” he said.

“Hmph. You don’t know Mom as well as you think you do,” Caitlynn said. “Right now, you have all her instincts going. And heaven help anybody who hurts you.”

Sam gave his sister a disbelieving look.

“It’s true,” Caitlynn said as Rebecca nodded her agreement. “You can ask Dad if you don’t believe me.”

Seeing that Sam still didn’t believe them, Rebecca decided to change the subject. “I know you probably don’t want to answer this question,” she said. “And you don’t have to if you don’t want to. But I want to know: Why did you run?”

Sam looked away as Caitlynn glared at Rebecca.

“You don’t have to answer,” Rebecca reminded her boyfriend.

“I, I wanted to be alone,” Sam finally said. “Suddenly, there was too many people, and I just couldn’t stand being in the crowds. I needed to get away from everybody.”

“Oh,” Rebecca said softly.

“Do you still want to be alone,” Caitlynn softly asked.

Tears started to run down Sam’s face. “I don’t know,” he whispered.

The two teen girls wrapped Sam up in hugs. Neither wanted to think about what he could have done, what he still could do, while they were looking for him. They wanted to give him something to hold on to. Something warm and loving.

“We can stay here for a while,” Caitlynn said a few moments later. “There’s no hurry to get home.”

“Okay,” Sam whispered.

up
101 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

That may be my fault

This started as a short story. I don't think it fits that any more.

Outstanding!

I've been hoping that this story would continue. Thanks!!

Yay! A new chapter.

WillowD's picture

I pray for many more. Thanks for writing this.

No doubt

There will be plenty more. They may not come fast, but they are coming.

Another non helper

Jamie Lee's picture

Mom doesn't understand how Sam feels about wearing close fitting clothes, or what's likely to happen if he does. While mom may think she's helping, like the others, she isn't. If she forces Sam to wear better fitting clothing she's driving home what Sam hates. That he's a boy who looks like a girl.

Caitlynn needs to ease off her ignorant remarks about Selene before Selene decides enough is enough and does something to Caitlynn.

More of this wonderful story would be nice to see. When possible.

Others have feelings too.