Computer School

Printer-friendly version

A winsome little story with an odd twist.

(Editing) 5/12/2021

Special Computer School
By
Gwen Brown

By age 4, they decided that I was a Savant of some sort, but they could not decide my specialty. It seemed that I excelled in whatever they tested me. Later, I found records of about every kind of scan they could do on my Brain, and I do not think they understood anything. One Scientist seemed to think that I was the first evolutionary step beyond present day humans. The only issue is that a Neurological deficiency kept me from being normally mobile. I did not use crutches or a wheelchair, but when I walked my balance was awful, staggering and I sometimes fell, though I seemed to have enough control while going down to not injure myself and for that I was thankful. Recently, I found out that my brain was too busy to bother much with walking. Strangely, I could easily ride a bicycle. Boys would never be a problem because I was not pretty and I had no desire. Being Intersex I did not know the difference. They named me Savanah.

They put me in a special school when I was six. Mother could not handle me. I was good and not hyperactive but just not responsive to her the way she wanted. Father was gone most of the time. I wanted Mother’s affection and care so much, but it seemed that I got the most love from our next-door neighbor, Mrs. Brown. I would miss Mrs. Brown the most. My two older brothers and my younger sister seemed different from me. I was not normal, and it was like they had a party as I left on the day, they put me in the residential school. I had never revealed to them, or anyone that I could hear lots of people thinking. I especially did not tell anyone at that school. When the Family got rid of me, it taught me to never trust anyone.

They were not affectionate to any of us children. Our meals were in individual cubicles in a sort of Cafeteria. The food was nothing special, but we did not starve. We were allowed outside one hour, three times a day to walk a playground with an extremely high wire fence with concertina wire on top. There were places where you could look out and see trees and other buildings. We were in a big city. On the playground, there was a drinking fountain and a bathroom but nothing else, no swings or games to play. Some of the other kids had been violent and that was swiftly reacted to. Several of the children had mobility issues like me, and a few were on crutches or wheels. They tried to get me to use a walker, but I refused, and I was thankful that they did not force or penalize me for that.

It does not appeal to me to talk to any of the other children and I was quickly branded Antisocial. In our classes, they put us in little cubicles alone, with a computer, and a soft chair that could be upright or lay clear down so we could rest. There was a bathroom and sink in the room with three of us children. During the day as we studied, I gradually started to hear more thoughts, but I did not tell anyone about that. I quickly told whoever it was to not reveal anything because if we did, the creep Doctors would brand us Schizoid or put us in cages. Oh, that would come later. I would be there for a little over 10 years. I was about 14 when the dreams began. Everything at the school was still the same but they had started locking some of us in cages when we slept.

As my consciousness changed, I knew that I had been sleeping and was actually just now waking up. Two levels of dreaming?! A dream within a dream? I did not know that could happen. Very confused, I wondered how I could have dreamed about dreaming and had been in several layers of dream sleep? This was something I had never heard of!

I do not know how he got me out of the school. Did he have someone do it, or did he move me with his mind? Was I visible when it was done? I would make quite a site floating down the hall and out of the building completely naked.

Later, I knew that I was free and likely had been all along. I was able to stand up, to move about, albeit still completely naked. The blindfold was absent, perhaps having never been there, and it was clear that I was in someone’s house, a luxurious bedroom with my knees on the carpet and laying on the quilted bed. Looking around, there were no clothes, and the closets were empty. The room was warm enough but being so exposed felt really uncomfortable. Cautiously, I began to explore. The living room was nicely furnished, with a low counter separating it from the kitchen, and there appeared to be food in the cupboards and refrigerator. Passing a bathroom, I felt my need and used it. There was toilet paper but no towels.

I passed a door that opened out into an empty Garage. The Button to open the door did not work. I found the front door but could not open it. Going toward what I thought was the back of the house, I found that I could look out upon a huge empty looking semidesert from the top of a high cliff. There was a balcony out there and I could open the sliding door to it. I would have been happier with clothes but believing I was alone, decided to venture out there. It was hot out there and soon I decided to go inside. When I turned, the door was shut and locked. How had that happened? There was a low chair out there, so I sat on it.

There was a buzzing, and something seemed like it invaded my mind and it felt like someone was entering me. Looking down, I could not see anything. I heard a click and humming, and the door opened. I was guided to get up and go into the house.
Silently, he spoke to my mind. ‘You are going to live here for now. In time, you will be given clothes and more food, but for now you just have to stay as you are. You will not return to that ghastly school. I found this house and bought it by tricking the internet into giving me money from the hidden accounts at the school. They will miss it but never figure out who took it.

He told me that moving me from the school to this house was almost too much for him. He had lots of practice, having been playing with this gift for a long time. Being blind, the first thing he had to do was train his mind to see. The most difficult part was just seeing in his room. It seemed that when he could go out in the hall, it was not that long until he got outside and then managed to visit other towns. He said that about 75 miles seemed to be about his limit for now.

Eventually I could talk back to the mind that ruled me, and I asked questions but I either tired quickly or he shut me out when he was tired of me. We would talk more and built a close relationship over time, but neither of us wanted to trust anyone. As we talked, the ability to do so and see things increased.

One day, I saw that he was in the infirmary wing of the school, and almost completely paralyzed and blind. The lights only came on in his room when they were working on him. He had figured out that when he was doing things on the Internet or letting his mind travel, his vital signs would increase markedly, depending upon what he was doing.

Over the months as we got to know each other better, he confided that he thought that one day, they would figure out what he was doing and stop him or kill him. At first, I tried to discount what he was saying, but one morning they came in and put-up Cameras, put a permanent EEG and EKG on him. I knew that they suspected something with him now.

He was suddenly gone, and in a few days, I knew that they had either caught him or worse. One night in a dream, I seemed to journey to the school, and found him. He was more wired up than I could imagine. I could somehow see the power going through the wires. I said, “Hi” to him, and he said, “Can’t talk, they’ll know”. I wanted to scream! How could they do this?

I left his room and roamed the halls, finding my way around the school. At the Nurse’s station, there were two Nurses and a man that seemed like a Doctor. There were monitors that showed lots of the rooms. “His” room was unmistakable. I felt myself tiring and was suddenly back in bed, and wide awake.

In the morning when it was just getting light, I tried the front door, and it would open. There was a gravel drive that ran away from the house. A long way away, I could see what looked like red and white jewels, but I knew they must be cars moving along the highway, a long way away.

I went in and shut the door and locked it. I slept until I was hungry and then got up and ate.

There were deliveries to the house, and they were put in the Garage. I do not know how the man got the door open.

All this seemed so surreal. I did not know if any of this was real or if I was dreaming, or even hallucinating. For now, I believed it was all real. It seemed for sure that Stewart had been controlling all this. Now, it seemed as though he was in a great deal of trouble.

I rested all that day, and late at night when I lay down to sleep, I found myself in Stewarts room again. I was so close to him that we chanced communicating some. I watched all the instruments and we seemed safe enough. He told me how to get into his accounts and buy groceries and some clothing.

The door suddenly opened and one of the Nurse came in. She did not seem to be in a hurry, so we believed that she was just checking on Stewart. He told me that if I could get the room power off, he could get online and order me a computer and Internet service. He would get one of his providers to set it up so it would be several VPNs and would automatically switch between them. He told me what he thought controlled the power to his room. I looked behind a coat rack and found it. I was not used to doing physical things with my mind, so with some difficulty I managed to turn two switches off, and Stewart was free. He did not waste time and in moments the EEG and another thing had smoke rolling out of them, and that set off the Fire Alarm, which was on another system.

Stewart told me to quickly find the Emergency Generator, and the Cafeteria. Later, if needed, he would have me disable that and set a fire in the Cafeteria. By the time I left there, I was so tired that I was back in bed in my room but did not waken until morning, when I heard the garage door open. I hid in the Bathroom until I heard it close. I was excited and ran out to the garage. There were several packages there and I carried them in.

Stewart had been so thorough in his shopping that I was almost mad at him. Had he seen me naked? Then I realized that if I could see him, then he had probably been doing that for I do not know how long. I found skirts and dresses, tops, and pants, and even panties, but no bras. I had never worn one. The teachers never expected most of us to leave there, so why would we need full clothing?

I was still playing with my new clothes when I heard another truck, and then another. As it developed, one of the trucks was there to install Satellite Internet. Another truck brought the computer stuff and the peripherals. At the special School, we had all had lots of extra time to explore about computers, how they worked, how to repair them, and so much more. Since I was already 14 years old, I knew to stay out of the technician’s way.

Over the next several days, I visited Stewart in his room at night and carried out his instructions during the day. The power outage in his room was thought to be a defective EEG machine. Still, Stewart was offline and anything we did, we had to be careful about.

One evening when I went to visit Stewart, he said that he figured out how to get power from the house system. He told me that as soon as he could figure out how to do it, he planned to somehow charge up and then escape. He planned to fly out to the house in the hills, but he wanted to make sure that they would not know where he went and could not find him. He knew that his family got lots of money from a relative to keep him in the school and once he was gone, he thought that the money would stop.

Days later, I went to visit Stewart, and he was not there. I searched until I found him in a room with no windows and the only bed was a block of concrete in the middle of the floor. He was strapped to it and had an EKG, EEG, IV, Catheter, and oxygen hooked to him. I could see two Cameras in the room. The only door was accessible from the outside only. I knew that action needed to come soon, but how Stewart was to be gotten out of the room was a mystery to her. The walls looked thick and like solid concrete.

Outside the building, she sent to Stewart that she was working on getting him out but told him not to reply.

In a few days I deduced how to disconnect the power from the Grid and to disable the Generator. There was another set of cables that ran to yet another Generator in the woods in a Tunnel. She left that one alone but set up a way to cut the cable to it if she needed to. Working together, Stewart and I figured out how to move him out of the room and use the Generator in the woods to power them both. We disconnected it and set up a way to carry it between them. We stopped and rested twice before getting them to the house.

The house rested behind a wooded ridge and the we quickly decided that light from it should not be seen from the valley. It took them months to make various improvements. Oversized Solar would end the need for outside power. It felt dangerous to have Contractors install the panels and hook it to the house. We hid out in the house while they did it.

While Stewart was blind, his powerful mind, after lots of effort, helped him to decode the signals that came off of Video cameras. Eventually he was walking again with the assistance of a walker, and a Camera helped him with a semblance of vision. We still had food and other supplies delivered. Stewart had purchased a corridor of land that contained the access road to the house, and an easement a few hundred feet on either side. I hired a Surveyor to put in a red tape all the way around their property. The special tape had a wire filament in it and when he was finished Stewart and Savanah installed a weak microwave signal that would follow the tape. If it were damaged, they would know it and also know the location of the break.

We would live there for many years without being bothered. In time we learned how to free other special children. Those who perpetrated the abuse of the children would never find them.

This is the end, and it is mildly autobiographical where that would be credible.

(Edit finished) 5-12-2021

up
145 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Dehumanized Authority

Daphne Xu's picture

The "school" is no doubt connected with the government, if not a government program. It would probably be in the CIA, NSA, or one other deep-state org. There was a time, decades ago, when people thought that simple exposure of a government crime would bring about corrective action. By now, of course, we have been disabused of that notion. In fact, some of those involved probably view public exposure as a good thing. "Nyeah-nyeah! Look at what we can do, and you can't do a damn thing about it!"

At least the two escaped. It would do wonders for morale if they managed to rescue another child shortly.

-- Daphne Xu

Dehumanizing indeed

Unique story. Reminded me of a futuristic story I've read such as Kage Baker's "The Ruined Vacation". A couple bits were missing explanations; such as how and when the names Stewart and Savana were realized, all of the sudden the names were in use without any transitioning storyline. Amazing power in the human mind, wish I could use it the way described above.

>>> Kay

Brain Scans ad Nauseum.

It had not occurred to me that there might be a reason for me to write this story. Then I happened to remember having some sort of scan that revealed artifacts on the left side of my Brain. I've had lots of headaches and then Ocular Migraines and other manifestations. There have been various Concussions and that sort of thing. In one accident I attempted to push the top of my Spine into the base of my Brain and that was painful for years. Then I fractured C-6 and had funky coordination for a while. Then there is the AIS issue and I have no idea whatsoever if that influences things. Lately something like Arthritis is limiting my motion and hurting lots at times. I suppose that there have been a dozen Brain and Spinal Scans like MRIs, CTs, those with Nuclear stuff injected in various places, and all sorts of things. Psychological folk have a field day picnicking in my Grey matter.

Hot baths in Epson salts and low impact exercise seems to help. I'm stubborn and that seems to help. None of us lives forever.

Gwen

Developments 2024

It is now clear to me that much of this short story is factual. Much of this was done by the American Veterans Administration. Years ago I was likely experimented on with LSD or a prescription drug that was similar. I recently remembered being strapped down on a block of concrete in a padded room. I was never insane. Much of what I experienced was due to traumatic abuse by family and others. I've been scheduled for the second time to have Cataract surgery and do not trust them, so am contemplating a second opinion and possible use of someone not part of the government.

I've been fully off their drugs for almost two years now and so many ailments have cleared up. I do have swelling on my left side and suspicion that it is due to my odd genetics; perhaps I started out in the womb as twins and one of me reabsorbed to make just one fetus. So many of the Doctors are arrogant and dumb. I was never Trans, I just don't follow the stupid rules of society. For me it is best to be reclusive and limit my exposure to others. Just dyed my hair pink and like it.

Peace
Khadija Gwen Bint Brown