Desert Rose Part 20

Printer-friendly version

Detective Branston looks at the leader of the four men that had come to town to kill Belka. He couldn’t believe that this person and his companions were also working with the corrupt State Troopers he arrested.

“So, what are you proposing, Mr. Hathway?” Detective Branston looks at him.

“What I am proposing, Detective Branston is how would you like to get the person responsible for all this?” Mr. Hathway figures he could plea bargain for a lighter sentence.

“You mean Belka’s father?”

“Yes, I have enough information to give you. In exchange, I want a smaller sentence for me and my men.”

Sheriff Markus was watching the interrogation. He didn’t want to give them a lighter sentence. They tried to kill a teenage girl, all because her birth father wanted to hurt his ex-wife. He watches as Detective Branston walks out of the interrogation room.

“So, what do you think, Sheriff Markus?” Branston looks at the Sheriff.

“If the information pans out, I don’t see why not. However, her father is in another state.” Sheriff Markus figures they could consider the deal if it pans out.

“I think it might be a good idea, to see how good the information is. Belka’s mother should know why her ex-husband tried to kill their daughter.”

“True, Belka’s mother should know. She should have some say in this matter.” Sheriff Markus figures if anything, he should consult with Belka’s
mother.

“True. I’ll go back in and talk Hathway.

Crystal Palace:
Belka, Alejandra, and Gale arrive back to the stables behind the Crystal Palace. A fellow named Frank comes out to help the ladies. He helps Belka down first from the horse. He holds the horse Belka was on for her to climb down and once she was down. He holds Gale’s horse so she could slide down.

“Thanks, Frank.” Gale smiles at him.

Frank had started working for Isa a year ago. He had been let go from his last job and lost his apartment. He was living out of his van when he broke down near the parking lot. One of the security guys brought him to Isa and she offered him a job here at the town and a place to call his own. He liked the place and job so much. He decided to stay permanently.

“You’re welcome, Gale.” A smile appears on Frank’s face.

“Let’s go inside and get some lunch.” Gale looks towards Belka and Alejandra.

“But we have to put the horses away.” Belka was told if she took a horse out, she was to return it to the stables.

“I got you covered, Belka.” Frank takes the reigns and lead the horses to the stables.

“Thanks again, Frank.” Belka places a kiss on Frank's cheek.

Frank blushes from Belka kissing his cheek. She was a young teenage girl and he has never had one kiss him on the cheek before. A smile forms on his face.

Alejandra notices Frank’s cheeks when Belka kissed him. A smirk appears on her face. She wonders if he has ever had a pretty young girl kiss him before. She looks towards Gale and noticed a smirk on her face as well.

Alejandra and Gale watch as Frank heads to the stables with the horses. As they are heading towards the back entrance to the Palace “Gale, why are you dressed like a Gothic person? I thought this place theme was based on the old West.”

“It is, but some of us were given an experimental medicine that had unusual side effects. It made us sensitive to sunlight and made our eyes sensitive to bright light. So, Isa decided to use our uniqueness and do a vampire theme.” Gale liked the idea and so did the rest of the group that happened to be like her and Isa.

“So, everyone that is like you and Isa was test subjects for an experimental drug?” Alejandra was wonder why they volunteered for the
experiment.

“Yes.” Gale guides them to the front portion of the Palace.

As they walked by the kitchen, Alejandra could smell something she hasn’t had in years. The scent was intoxicating.

“Gale, do you think I could order what I just smelled?” Alejandra's stomach started growling.

Gale heard Alejandra’s stomach growled.

“Sounds like someone is hungry.” Belka smiles at Alejandra.

Gale places an order for the three of them. They walk over to a nearby table no one was sitting at and sit down.

“So, Belka. Do you know why you were left out in the desert?” Alejandra was curious because Detective Branston has been working on the case.

Belka looks at Alejandra “how do you know about that?”

“The Detective I came with, is investigating your case. I don’t know everything about what he found so far. However, he arrested several State Troopers that ran your friends off the highway.”

“They aren’t my friends. They sold me out for money and drugged my drink.” Belka couldn’t believe they had done that to her.

“Well, they are in the hospital right now. Don’t feel sorry or mad at them. They are getting what they deserve right now. So, do you know why you were left out in the desert?” Alejandra wanted to know why someone wanted to kill the young woman in front of her.

“According to my birth mother, it's my birth father that has been behind everything that has happened to me. He used me to hurt my mother after she divorced him. He kept me hidden from her and when she found out where I was, he would move me.” Belka was getting angry and upset.

Gale places her hand on Belka’s “everything will turn out okay, Belka.”

Alejandra sort of understood how Belka felt. Her uncle had mistreated her, and her parents were dead in Mexico.

“Here you ladies are.” Kelly had picked up their lunch and was looking where they sat down.

up
195 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Goth girls in the old west

WillowD's picture

Snerk. I love these little extras you throw in. Thank you.

I hope they can get the info

Samantha Heart's picture

They need even if Alejandraasks & tells Benton he may have to ask her the same questions officily, but... do what you have to in order to get the conviction.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Just evil enough

to be real life.