On Her Own Petard - part 11

Printer-friendly version

On Her Own Petard
by Ceri

Stevie started her blog to discreetly share her secret identity with the world, never guessing just how successful it would be.

 

“It’s still pretty dark at seven Miss Hawker,” Frank had shown her up to the CCTV control room, “but when she walks into reception, well it’s like the sun has come up.” Penny was incredibly touched by the old soldier’s fondness for Stevie, so much so, that she did not correct his mistake with her name.

“It’s just a shame not everyone feels the same, Frank,” Penny took the chair he pulled out, “I fear she has a few hard knocks ahead of her.”

“The wife said much the same this morning, Miss Hawker,” Frank switched on the bank of monitors, “but she’s made a good start. Unless you know what to look for, you’d never tell she was... you know.”

It was the most Penny had heard him say, about anything other than work, in ten years’ acquaintance; Stevie had a rare talent for sure. “Let’s get down to it, shall we?”

*****

Penny stifled a yawn as she switched off the ignition; it had taken longer than expected, to discover who had been in the lift with Stevie, largely because the cars were without CCTV coverage — as Phil Peel probably knew. Even with proof - of sorts - there was little she could do; it was his word against the office junior’s, but Penny had a few ideas. So had Frank, and it had taken a while to dissuade the former Royal Marine, from putting them into action. Remembering something Stevie had said the evening before, Penny took her mobile from the dashboard.

Stevie snaked an arm from under the duvet, and thumped her alarm clock. The first thing she noticed was the time — nine-thirty meant a certain ticking off from Miss Hanford — and the second, the alarm had not stopped ringing. Groggily, she rolled from bed, and padded into the living room to answer the telephone. “Wuh... Ms Hawker... all right, Penny... OK, I’m doing it now.”

The head of HR looked a lot different without her work face on, much prettier, especially in casual clothes, “mwah, mwah — what’s in the bag?”

“I’ve brought breakfast,” Penny held open the carrier, “coffee, croissants and strawberries — now get inside before all your neighbours see that nightie!” The last was spoken more loudly, not so much for Stevie’s benefit, as for the man at the next door but one, who was busy ogling the scantily clad teenager. Penny had herself, had a double take moment when the door opened - the cleavage on display was disturbingly naturalistic.

Sitting cross-legged on the sofa, her babydoll nightdress bunched at her waist, the little brunette munched lustily both pastries and fruit, while guzzling coffee so strong, it was tearing off Penny’s taste buds. “Slow down or you’ll choke,” she cautioned, “and tell me what you usually do on Saturdays.”

“Well...” Stevie swallowed a strawberry whole, “Steve goes to the supermarket for groceries, most weeks, and I...” half a cup of coffee disappeared, “let him.”

“OK,” she seemed to have put the yesterday’s events behind her, the older woman noted, “the supermarket it is then.” Penny smiled, it was her chance to do something about the bare kitchen cupboards.

“Just a minute, these,” Stevie lifted her breastforms, “are glued on, you know.”

“Then we’ll not take Steve,” Penny laughed, “you really don’t have anything to worry about, believe me.” It took a few more minutes’ cajoling to convince Stevie that she would not appear to be anything other, than a young woman — with hiccups. She emerged from the bathroom ten minutes later, wrapped in a towel, and headed for her bedroom.

“Penny,” Stevie popped her head around the door, “can you help me pick out something to wear, please?”

“Of course I...” life in Human Resources had presented many surprises, but none had stopped Penny Hawker dead in her tracks as surely, as Stevie Weston dressed only in the white bra and panties, she had bought.

“Last time you saw me in knickers you laughed,” an impish smile had stolen over Stevie’s face, at Penny’s reaction.

“Last time I thought you were just a naughty little boy,” Penny had almost said ‘dirty little boy’, but thought better of it; her pride, however, demanded she do something to recover, “and how can I laugh when...” she unfastened her slacks, letting them fall to her thighs, “I’m wearing the same panties.” Stevie’s expression was — as they say — ‘priceless’, but Penny gained an appreciation of how embarrassing it was, holding your trousers while your underwear was on display. Had it only been six days?


Note:a very short chapter today... Doctor Who's just started.

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Really Nice Ceri

You're turning Penny into Stevie's mom.

I blame that Dr Who bloke

Another great, albeit short (I blame that Dr Who bloke) episode, Ceri. I do hope Penny and Frank can come up with a cunning plan to deal with the odious Mr Peel. Even better if it causes his colleagues to desert him...

Pleione

Don't spoil Doctor Who's season ending

I want to see it myself.

John in Wauwatosa

Oh nice chapter though how did she get in the house? Obviously, she rang her on the phone while standing at door with the breakfast.

John in Wauwatosa

We Brits

probably use our mobile phones more than anyone else in the world... I was on a bus to a rugby match a few years back, and one of us on the back seat, phoned his girlfriend in the front of the bus, to ask the driver if we could smoke!

I say 'we', but I've had my current mobile for just over a year and I've still got £7.50 of the original £10 credit.

I'll send the last two episodes ...

... of this series of Doctor Who to you early next week, John. Takes a little while to burn the DVD and convince the post office to mail things priority. *grin* But rest assured, I'll make sure you don't have to dodge spoilers for too long.

*hugs*

Randa

Whew! I was worried

You must be a mind reader, Randalynn. I thought of *reminding* you but figured that would be rude.

I only posted my comment something like a half an hour ago.

Oh, watch out folks, if you are in the Midwest. After a snowy winter, a wet cool spring and a wet June our wettest month on record, the mosquitoes are hatching. They are nasty. I’ve seen them chugging Red Bull and lattes and beating up bikergangs.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

No Excuses!

Angharad's picture

I write after Dr Who - like to make sure the universe still exists, otherwise it would be somewhat pointless.

Angharad

Angharad

mea culpa

my monthly tea delivery arrived with the post since when I've been gorging myself on first flush Badamtam and was a bit too blissed out to write much :)

Doctor Who Huh? :-)

Well Ceri, I am enjoying your story. You have a story that can keep going as long as you want it too.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

a short pause for breath

I'm quite stunned that I've managed to write a shade over 17,000 words in twelve days... I have the rest of the day plotted, and Sunday morning... with a possible cliffhanger for Sunday afternoon. Which will work out I think as 1 or 2 parts for the rest of Saturday, and one for Sunday... then I'm going to take a breather for a few days, and finish the Merrimount Abbey story, though writing a bit more slowly.

Police Call Box trumps Big Closet

You have to love the Doctor!

I did guess that they'd be looking at CCTV tapes -- didn't want to guess out loud though, and ruin the surprise.

Tardy, Tardis, Tah-Dah!

joannebarbarella's picture

Can you decline that in Latin? We'll have to call the BBC and get The Doctor put into a different time-slot. Or perhaps we could ask him directly, since I am sure he would be a fan of yours too. You have certainly metamorphosed bad Penny. I'm not sure I can buy the sudden transformation of a dyed-in-the-wool HR dragon into a cuddly mum-surrogate. You must have something up your sleeve,
Suspiciously,
Joanne