Going Home Chapter 15

Printer-friendly version

Lisa completes the preflight checklist. Her husband was checking the cargo they were taking to the Sol system. The council had approved the construction of a base on the dark side of the moon. The reason the council approved the construction, was because of the recent activities of the Draconic Empire.

They have been sending more slavers to the Sol system to replace the slaves they have been losing. Human slaves were a commodity both for cheap labor and for food stock. Lisa and her husband’s squadron had intercepted several shipments of humans that had recently been taken from Earth.

They took this information to the council. The council debated and decided that a base needed to be set up in the Sol system to monitor and stop further Draconic Empire activities. So, construction of a base had been approved and now it was almost completed. The load they were currently carrying, were the last remaining supplies the new base needed.

“Mom, dad said everything is safely secure.” Paige was heading towards her new mother.

Lisa looks at her adopted daughter and smile. The poor thing had been kidnapped off the streets of Chicago and sold to the Draconic slavers by a group of humans. The information they recently received, said that there were groups of humans and some aliens that could pass as human gathering up other humans and selling them to the Draconic slavers.

Paige had been one those humans that had been taken by the group. The rundown apartment building she had been squatting in along with several others had been raided. She was there because she ran away from her abusive relatives. Both her parents had died in a suicide and left her with her Uncle. The man didn’t like the fact she was dressing as a girl. He believed boys should be boys and girls should be girls. Not the other way around. So, after being beaten by him on numerous occasion, she gathered her stuff up and ran away.

The people that captured her, decided to have some fun with her. They passed her around like a party favor to numerous gangs, before finally deciding to sell her off. One of the people the slavers passed her to, had been an alien. He fed off her memories and completely wiped her mind.

Lisa and her husband had realized what happened to her when they intercepted the slave ship she was on. They managed to restore some of her memories, but there was still a lot she was missing. They also gave her what she always wanted. She was turned into a fully functional girl.

Lisa looks up at her adopted daughter and smile. She and Henry had talked about kids, back when they first met, but after what the Orgaians did to the two of them. They could never have children.

“Okay, tell your father to get his butt up here. Also, are you sure you want to come with us? You could stay with Alex and Mia until we get back.”

“I want to go with you and dad.” Paige didn’t want to be left behind any more by her parents.

“Alright, you know we can’t afford to go to Earth right now.”

“I know mom and I don’t want too. After you and dad restored my mind. My memories of my former life make me wish, that I was never born on that backwater planet.” Paige never wanted to go back to Earth. She liked living aboard the Viminacium and visiting Princess Catlin and her daughter.

“It’s not a backwater planet, Paige. It’s that they haven’t grown up yet. They still let their religion, hatred, greed, and prejudice rule them. Some of their leaders and scientist are good people.” Lisa understood why Paige felt the way she did.

“If you say so, mom.” Paige sits down in her seat.

Henry had been heading up front when he heard his wife and their adopted daughter talking. He only caught the end of the conversation. He knew how Paige felt now about Earth and the alien that had wiped her mind and turned her into a mindless, drooling empty shell of a person.
It took several sessions with Dr. Azyriah to restore some memories that had still linger but had been blocked.

Dr. Azyriah also had to help build a new personality for Paige. That part was difficult because there wasn’t anything left of her old one. She managed to do it, but Paige would never be like she used to be. Her old life was completely behind her.

“What were you and your mom talking about?” Henry sits down in the co-pilot seat.

“Earth. Mom says it’s not backwater and I disagree with her. I think it is and I never, ever want to go back to it.” Paige tears open a bag of
snacks and pop a few in her mouth.

“Your mom is right. There are a few good people down there. It’s just a shame that the bad ones outnumber the good ones.”

“I don’t care. I never want to go back there. I’m happy with you and mom.” Paige moves aside some of her long light purple hair.

When Paige decided to have her body corrected. She had the doctor doing the work remove all her body hair and give her light color purple hair permanently. Even her eyebrows were light purple. She had her eyes enhanced to see into the ultraviolet range.

As for her reproductive organs, they had been engineered to work like the Ailuron women. She would have her period every two months, instead of monthly. The drawback, she had to relieve herself or the increase sensations she felt would drive her bonkers.

“Well, if we decide to go to Earth while we're at the moon base, you can stay there, until we return.”

Lisa launches before her daughter could reply. She had checked her husbands plotted course.

“How long will it take us to arrive?” Paige was curious.

“About four hours. If you want to go and take a nap, go ahead.”

“Thanks, mom.” Paige gets up and places a kiss on her mom’s cheek, before heading back and climbing into her bunk.

Henry just watches his daughter. He wonders what she was like before her memories were removed.

“You’re wondering what she was like before her memory was removed?” Lisa had noticed the puzzled look on her husband’s face.

“Yes, I wonder what type of person she uses to be.” Henry would have liked to know what she used to be like.

Four Hours Later, Deep Observation Station 779 (Dark Side of the Moon.)

“Shuttle Estersage to station 779, Shuttle Estersage to station 779 we’re approaching your location. Is everything okay to land?”

“Station 779 flight control to shuttle Estersage, approach along this flight path.” Jackal sends the coordinates to the flight computer of shuttle Estersage.

Henry watches as the coordinates arrive. This was the first time they had come in on this particular flight path.

“This is strange, I don’t think we have ever come in on this route before.” Henry looks over towards his wife.

“Me neither. I wonder what is up.” Lisa follows the path and hovers over the spots she was told.

A set of doors open below her as a tractor beam takes control of the shuttle and bring it down into the huge hangar. The doors start closing as they go below the moon surface.

Once the shuttle was landed. The tractor beam disengages

“Well, we better wake Paige.” Lisa shuts down and gets up.

She walks back towards the bunks and gently wakes Paige. She shakes her one more time “we’re here sweetie.”

Paige opens her eyes and yawn. She crawls out of her bunk and stretches. She looks towards her mother “how long are we going to be here?”

“A few days. We have to get all the stations reports and any people they rescue from the slavers.”

“Okay.” Paige follows her mother towards the cargo area of the shuttle.

They open the ramp, so the loaders could unload the items they brought. While the loaders unload the shuttle. Lisa, Henry, and Paige head towards the command level. Henry was curious why they were told to come in on the path they did. The lift takes them up to the command center. When they step out of the lift, they notice how busy everyone was. Lisa spots Commander Skodo. He was over at the communication station talking with his chief communication officer.

“Is everything okay, Commander?” The trio walks over towards him.

Commander Skodo turn around and smile at the trio. It’s been months since he last saw his friends.

“Yes, but recently there has been an unusual amount of activity coming from Earth. Yesterday, we picked up on a temporal distortion in two different areas. Before that, we picked one up at Earth’s North Pole region. On top of that, we have been picking up the signature of an unknown craft, but by the time we get a lock on it, it disappears from our sensors.”

“Do you know where it has been coming from?” Henry steps forward and over towards some sensors and presses a button on the panel before him.

“Yes, over in the Western part of the United States in Utah, somewhere. We know there is a research facility in that location. As for the temporal distortion, we picked it up in the same location of the research facilities and about twenty miles from that location.” Commander Skodo were confused and puzzled because the technology down on Earth wasn't advanced enough to construct time travel equipment.

“Could it had been the slavers?” Paige wonders if they were in on it.

“No, we know where they operate from. This is something entirely different.” Commander Skodo had looked at Paige. He had been informed that she just recently was rescued from a Draconic slave vessel they had miss. It had slipped right by them.

“Maybe you should send some agents down and investigate this matter.” Henry was thinking they needed boots on the ground.

“I think your right. I’ll start putting together a group of people to investigate the matter.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Henry was still messing with the sensors.

The sensors locked onto a strong energy source. He has seen this energy pattern before on ships equipped with force fields, like their shuttle.

“This is strange, there’s a force field down in that area you were talking about.”

“No way, Earth couldn’t possibly have that level of technology.” Commander Skodo and Lisa come over to look for themselves.

Paige walks over to the communication officer and asked to listen to what was being transmitted. The communication officer just smiled at Paige.

“If you like Earth music and movies, we have a huge collection of it in our storage banks.”

“Maybe, I’ll look at it later. We’re going to be here for a few days.” Paige wanted to go back to the Viminacium and train some more on the simulator to get her flight license.

“Mom, is it alright if I go to the mess hall?” Paige was feeling hungry.

“Go ahead, sweetheart.” Lisa hands her daughter a credit card.

“Thanks, mom.” Paige places a kiss on her cheek, before walking off.

“I never thought you two would ever have children.” Commander Skodo looks towards Henry.

“When you’re as old as us and can’t have children. You start to want something that is missing from your life.”

up
137 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Holy crossover, Batman!

WillowD's picture

It sounds like this story is about to collide with Travel Through Time and Space.

I agree

Teek's picture

That was my thought exactly. Never really paid attention to the fact that the two stories have the same author, but after reading this chapter, I went to confirm that they are both written by the same individual. There is a big huge collision about to happen. I wonder how Ghost will respond?

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek