Dragon Riders Part 14

Printer-friendly version
Dragon Riders


Must love dogs



By alter-ego

Synopsis:When two islands appear, it causes world wide changes as the nations unite into a global government. Welcome the Dragon Riders!

[-][+][-]

Must Love Dogs!
Chapter 40

Sad times, she would miss these folks, saying goodbye had brought tears to most, the last being the Kents, she felt as if they were her grandparents and it was so hard to say goodbye to them. Down on the ground near the Kents farm, only Kara and Kal were with her and her dogs. Activating the TDT gate, she first sends her report, all those weeks here on some computer file flying across dimensions to her home world. She then send the request to calibrate for four, then turns to her friends.
Jill, "Goodbye you two, I shall miss you both very much".
First a hug on Kal, then one for Kara.
Kal, "You will always be welcome to return anytime you want".
Kara, "Ya little sister, we love you and will miss you, 'sob', be safe".
Jill, Tears in her eyes, "Thank you both, give my love to all, be safe".
Turning she enter the gate, her pets right along side her, her dragon bracelet beeps, Mother is online, seeing her face makes her wish she was going home now.
Mother, "Jill? Wow have you grown, this omega did this to you baby"?
Jill, "Yes Mother, but the New Genesis folks were able to fix it. I'm on my way for 31st Century, I'm not sure how long I'll be there, but I hope to be home soon".
Mother, "I love you baby". Puts her hand up as if to touch her image, she returns the gesture.
Jill, "I love you, see you soon". The connection is lost, they have arrived, stepping from the Gate she sees a city of the future before her, Legion Headquarters, people everywhere, moving sidewalks, flying cars!

exit tube, Legion HQ, Science Police

Science Police Officer, "Do not make any sudden moves Jilseid".
Looking around she sees she is surrounded by several pairs of men and women, all in uniform and holding, what can only be weapons on her and the dogs. The dogs, immediately, take up a protective formation around her, facing out towards what they see as enemy.
Jill, Signals to her pets, 'Do nothing yet'. "I'm sorry but the name is Jill, Jill Madisome. Jilseid does not exits".
Officer, "Not according to our information, the woman known as Jilseid who took over the rulership of Apokolips after the death of Darkseid is standing right in front of us".

Dragon Riders
Jilseid Heritage
Must love dogs
Chapter 41

Suddenly a voice shouts, "And according to our information she still is a citizen of Apokolips II and a member of the embassy staff and therefore has diplomatic immunity. So I suggest you stand down unless you wish to cause an planetary conflict with Apokolips II".
Everyone turns to the voice and sees several young men and women floating above them, all wearing different color uniform, costumes. She hears several of the armed officers around her say, "The legion".
Senior officer, "Alright, stand down, Command this is Officer O'Riley , 10-12 here. All present at Legion Headquarters are to 10-19".
He then looks up at the person that spoke, "Right, I am turning this over to you Legionaries, but if we get a call about anything involving her or her pets be dash her diplomatic immunity".
Bounce Boy, "Thank you Officer".
Senior officer, "Your welcome. Alight boys and girls, party is over, return to your duties ASAP".
Several officers, "Yes sir".

As the Science Police leave, the members of the Legion begin to land in front of her. One member approaches and identify himself.
"Greeting Jill Madisome, welcome to New Metrolpolis, I'm Bounce Boy, the current leader of the Legion".
Jill, Signal her pets, 'Stand down'. "Thank you, seems Highfather was right, my legacy did follow me".
Bounce Boy, "According to the history files on Apokolips, a female warrior named Jilseid took over as the ruler after Darkseid death, her rule was well over a 500 years, till the destruction of Apokolips, her daughter taking over when Apokolips II was settled. The records saying that Jilseid left to travel the stars, but would return someday".
Jill, "So dear old Daddy could not leave it alone and had to have Jilseid on Apokolips after I left the 21st Century and the JLA to come here. If I ever see that son of".
Bounce Boy, 'clear throat'.
Jill, "Sorry".
Bounce Boy, "No problem, lets retire to the Headquarters, I'm sure you have questions as we do".
Jill, "Yes, and thank you".

Dragon Riders
Meeting The Legion!
Must love dogs
Chapter 42

Inside they all moved to a hall where before her were the seats the Legion sat in during the interviews of recruits for the Legion. In front of her were, Bounce Boy, the current leader of The Legion, Brainiac 5, the genius that made the Legion's flight ring possible, Saturn Girl, who has both telepathic and telekinetic powers, Colossal Boy, who can increase his size to many times, Triplicate Girl, who has the ability to split into three identical bodies, Lighting Lad, incredible electrical powers, Star Boy, who power over gravity were very similar to her own abilities, Timber Wolf, His powers are enhanced strength, speed and agility.

Jill, "I wish you had more members here so could complete my main mission quicker and return home. The world I come from is facing a threat that could wipe out humanity there and only because of a handful of Engineers from another dimension do we stand a chance to defeat it".

Bounce Boy, "How can we be of help"?

Saturn Girl, "She wishes to copy powers of key members of The Legion, much as she did back in the 21st Century with the JLA".

Jill, "Exactly, I also would like sample of any technology that may be of help, I am willing to part with any sample that may be of interest to you".

Brainiac 5, "What technology would you have, from your story the tech from your world and the 21st century is not something we really need here"?

Jill, "Well there is something I am sure you don't have, a 'Mother's Box'. You could learn to use that tech and build your own 'Mother's Boxes'. Having them at bases here and on other world would allow your members to instantly transport base to base".

Brainiac 5, "Yes that could be useful".
Jill, "I also have a sample of nanobots that could be adjusted for anything, once programmed they could repair or rebuild just about anything".

Brainiac 5, "And what would you want in exchange for this technology"?

Jill, "Well weapons, armor, transport, etc.. All of that would be good".

Bounce Boy, "All good and well, I am sure we can work something out, as for copying powers here, I am sure I speak for several of us when I ask, who, when and where"?

Saturn Girl, "She wishes to copy Triplicate Girl's power first, as soon as possible, here?".


TBC
Dragon Riders
Triplicate Girl
Must love dogs
Chapter 43

up
111 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Time Keeps on Slippin'

terrynaut's picture

This story continues to entertain me.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry