Alternative Release - 4

Printer-friendly version
Alternative Release Chapter 4
By Kerry Brown

Kerry has a pain in the most unwanted region but finds release of another part of the old life
A blind date makes her jump into the next stage of her transition
Things get easier as she develops friendships rather than work colleagues.

The Doctors appointment was on Friday morning so Kerry had booked the whole day off, she was also going for her very first bra fitting, after all when you provide the filling what cup size you buy is not a big issue. The week flew by as Kerry got into client meetings and looked at configuration proposals, her experience in implementations made her look at things differently. The time allocated for tasks was often too small and the client would have been better knowing up front that some things could not be done in the exact way the salesman had been telling them. She talked with Bill once a week to cover her transition and also her new position, her added insight made Bill look at the entire quoting process and how it could be made better for both parties. Over quoting and under delivery was the worst scenario for clients, it made them angry and they had to invariably spend more money than they had planned on.

The girls all went out for lunch on Tuesday and Kerry seemed to just fit in with them, on Thursday the guys had decided on their own lunch time and just to spite the girls they invited Kerry along. Bill had actually worked on this as he still observed the gap between the guys and Kerry, same restaurant different crowd she thought as they arrived at Bills now favorite place. The lunch times made talking easier and less disruptive to work periods so Bill was happy to see Kerry being accepted by both groups. He found Kerry related in a different way when near the guys, more careful than carefree, she guarded her words and seemed to expect rejection or pain. Kerry tried really hard to relax but the elephant in the lounge room was still very visible to her.

Friday came around quickly and Kerry took her time rising from her bed, she had bought a new quilt cover on Thursday night and along with the new sheets set the room was brighter and pinker than ever before. She slipped on her silk wrap got a cup of tea and walked outside to drink it while watching the bike riders pedal to work along the river bike track. Her appointment wasn’t until 10 and she still had a good two hours to spare so she decided on a quick bike ride to burn some energy and help her keep fit. An hour later and she was hot and sweaty after pedaling nearly 30km’s, her t-shirt was soaked but she felt much better apart from the lump in her pants that hurt too much. Kerry hit the shower and let the water run down her hybrid body, the top was looking fantastic but she longed for the day when the lower part was completely right. She did check out the pain but assumed it was due to how she was sitting on the bike seat and the pace she had set today.

She dressed in a very neat skirt and blouse that could be unbuttoned when she got her fitting done, the doctor would probably need to examine her as well. She put on a pair of pantyhose and heels, her rings and watch then the new gold and diamond pendant she had just bought herself, “you just have to love gold and diamonds” she thought. The matching earrings hung down her neck and swung drawing attention to her, the makeup was office wear, well at least for a twenty something year old girl it would have been office wear.

She left the unit in plenty of time to park the car and walk to the doctor’s rooms on the main street. Doctor Gwynn Jones was a specialist in gender and sexuality and had been recommended by Kerry’s GP when she first asked about hormones over a year earlier, even before the split. He ran a small group of rooms and spent some time overseas studying and practicing in poorer countries, he had recommended the doctor in Thailand when Kerry had asked him for a cheaper option. Kerry had not seen him for two months, which was well before her trip overseas, and as she waited for her appointment she thought back over the last year under his care.

The hormones had worked very well and her body had not only trimmed down but she had seen a growth in hips and buttocks while losing in the waist legs and arms. Her tan had added a glow to her skin and with the hair colouring she looked quite different let alone the facial surgery and breast work. Doctor Gwynn called her name and she walked into his office.

“I have to say that you have changed a lot over the last year, are you happy?’ he asked her.

“Look at my smile, what do you think Gwynn” she replied and did a quick turn for him. “I have had a note from Dr Param letting me know about your visit, the work he did for you and asking me to do a few checks” he told her. “Does that mean he was concerned with something?” Kerry asked him getting concerned, “no just a regular review and a look at the hormone implant” he told her.

The doctor asked Kerry about the trip and the hospital, the pain and any remaining issues, he then asked “Okay, I need to examine your breasts and scrotum, would you like a gown?” “I think it would be easier than just stripping in front of you” she laughed. Kerry stepped behind a screen and took off her clothes and put on a gown, this was the first time he had required the full gown to be used. The Doctor warmed his hands before gently massaging her breasts, “any pain around here, or here, what about here” he asked her “nothing at all” she replied.

“Now can you lay down on the bench please” he told her tapping the table, he pulled her gown up slightly and looked at her scrotum. “Dr Param asked me about your scrotum as he noticed you were having some pain, how is this” he asked but Kerry jumped so much he knew the answer. “How long has it been sore?” he asked as he kept gently moving the penis and scrotum around, “about three months but it’s getting far worse, especially today” Kerry explained.

The doctor got her to get dressed as he made some notes, when she walked back around the screen she was getting very concerned about the pain. “I just thought it was related to the hormones and stuff, nothing serious” said Kerry showing the pain slightly.

“Have you done anything different over the last month” he asked, “what apart from facial surgery, growing boobs and having sacks of saline shoved up my jumper, no nothing” she said trying to joke about it.

“I mean physical and don’t be flippant” he chided her but understood her tense nature, “what about medication, have you changed anything at all.” The doctor consulted his notes and there was nothing out of the ordinary, the hormones blocked androgens and boosted estrogen, the implant was a better delivery device nothing more.

His mood moved just slightly and he got serious with Kerry, “I can make a quick booking for you at my hospital as I need to have a look inside” he told her “when, how long, are you sure?’ Kerry asked getting more concerned. He then went on to tell her about testicular cancer and the effects of vasectomy but he needed to have a closer look. “If you can chop those things off at the same time then please go ahead” she told him “I don’t think it will come to that yet, not for another eleven months dear” he said, not really convinced. The receptionist paged his phone and let him know about the booking, “OK, I can get you in at three o’clock today, is that alright by you?” he asked her. Kerry left the doctors rooms feeling very flat and more than a touch concerned at what he had told her, the option of cancer was scary for anyone to hear.

Suddenly the joy of a bra fitting had vanished as she drove home to get an overnight bag just in case she got admitted. Kerry just potted around the unit and tidied up after packing a nighty and a change of clothes. She made a phone call to the office and spoke to Bill about going under the knife later on the in day and got several assurances that she could take whatever time she needed. She thought the clock had stopped moving it was going so slowly, she decided to get out of the unit rather than mope around. The doctor had told her to wear casual loose fitting clothes as surgery could hurt for a few days, that would mean tucking things away could be difficult. Kerry had chosen a grey track suit with sneakers and a black sports top and white tank over the top, so after adjusting her makeup she left the unit. Kerry drove along the coast road and stopped to watch the yachts about 500m out to sea, they had spinnakers out and were making good speed and distance, she still missed her yacht. Kerry walked a little and tried to relax but found herself parked and inside the hospital in plenty of time.

The doctor had ordered a day room for her so she sat in a big recliner and read a magazine wearing one of those horrible gowns with her pants still on. The nurse checked that she had eaten nothing since nine in the morning or had drunk more than water, otherwise she would have trouble with the medications. Dr Gwynn was on time so just before three she had the first pre-med and waited in the chair, by three o’clock the nurse moved her to a trolley bed and administered the next pre-med to put her closer to sleeping.

All the forms had been signed and completed long before the drugs came out but Kerry wanted to ask Dr Gwynn about the “Best Outcome” clause she noted, he told her that if he found anything unusual he would do whatever was required in line with his understanding of her desires for the best outcome. This clause allowed him a level of legal cover but only if he had firm direction from the patient or medical grounds dictated a rapid response. She started to count backwards from ten, nine, the familiar taste in the back of her mouth as the drugs took over, she had already prayed and it was now up to the doctor.

The nurse shook her and asked something silly, about needing a drink yet, but what about the surgery she tried to say but nothing worked in her head. The nurse came around a few minutes later, “how are you feeling now dear?’ she asked Kerry, still nothing worked. Next time around Kerry asked what time it was only to be told that it was now five o’clock and she had been back from surgery for thirty minutes. Kerry tried to focus, the surgery was only meant to be exploratory and take thirty minutes, something must have gone wrong and then the pain hit in the groin. Medication is a great thing, it takes away so much pain, physical and mental.

Kerry woke at seven and found herself lying in a bed with a drip in her arm and another bed alongside. This was definitely a ward and not a day room she concluded as she looked for a nurse. “Can you tell me what the doctor had to do please?’ she asked a senior looking nurse, “Dr Gwynn will be around at eight when he does his rounds so just relax until then” she was told. Kerry drifted in and out as the IV drip dispensing the pain killer beeped and pumped into her body. The doctor came into her room just after eight and asked how she was feeling, “groggy but only just in pain” she said but really wanting to know what had happened. Dr Gwynn explained that he found the testes had been drying up for around four months but had been damaged at some time and had started to get inflamed, his only choice was to perform an emergency removal of them and tidy the scrotum up.

“You didn’t remove any skin did you?” she asked quickly, knowing that it would be required when Dr Param did the next round of SRS. The doctor assured her that he had spoken with Dr Param earlier in the day about his concerns and had been very careful to maintain everything that was needed and remove anything that wasn’t needed. Kerry breathed again, “that’s okay then doc, how long will I be in here or off work” Kerry asked him. Dr Gwynn told her she could go after morning rounds but would probably need a week off work as the pain was similar to having everything removed, sort of a foretaste of the pain to come.

The next morning she woke, and hobbled into the shower after asking the nurse, “just keep it warm and not too hot” she was told. Kerry felt down to the were the pain was coming from and the lack of round balls felt much better to her, maybe all the bad thoughts about them had killed them off. “Should have tried it earlier” she thought as the water washed over her body, “another bit gone for good” she said. The nurse checked on her and told her to just put loose pants on and not to try to tuck anything away today, they were used to having clients like her. Kerry shaved and applied her makeup and even put a nice top on before breakfast, the doctor would be checking down below so Kerry sat in bed and waited. The doctor came around, looked in and asked how she was feeling, he vanished for several minutes then came back and pulled the curtains closed. “Let me have a look at you my dear” he said very much at ease with her new gender choice, he carefully prodded and tested the area then simply said “fine you can go now but I want to see you on Friday in my rooms” and left.

The nurse came in, gave Kerry some medications in a paper bag and told her that she could call a taxi for her “It’s OK I have my car down stairs”, Kerry was told in no uncertain way that driving was not a good idea. Kerry thought of who would be free at this time on a Saturday, it would have to be Janet or a taxi, “how long before I can drive?” she asked the nurse, “twenty four hours after the anesthetics” so five o’clock tonight.” Kerry called a taxi and went home by herself, she sat in the cab feeling every turn and bump, her pain showing on her face and the driver slowed down for the big bumps.

Kerry unlocked her unit and walked inside after paying the cab fare, she was alone again and wanted to cry again. “What is it with me lately” she thought trying to go back through what had changed in the last month, it seemed to be only since her face and boob surgery. Slowly she retraced everything in Thailand that Dr Param had done, the only thing that could cause it was the change from tablet to implant for her drugs, the dose was meant to be the same and she had checked on the dosage to make sure the even keel was maintained in her life. She had been on prescription hormones for over six months now and the doctor carefully controlled the dosages of each type, but it couldn’t be anything else, so she cried again.

The mobile phone rang around midday and Bill was asking about her health and condition, “I figure I must have cursed my testicles Bill so they died and had to be removed” Bill crossed his legs silently feeling the pain that all men hate. “I think I need a week off as it really hurts to sit or stand at the moment” she told Bill “no problems I’ll let your boss know about it” he said jokingly since he was her real boss. “I’ll probably be able to do some help desk questions so it will give the guys a breather” she volunteered to Bill. “Fine but just get better and don’t worry if you can’t handle it we’ll see you on Monday, bye” he said hanging up. Bill was being very good about all of this and more caring than he had been with any of the guys that he had seen in the office.

Kerry slept until four and after a light meal she called a taxi to take her back to the hospital car park to pick up her car. The drive there was slightly better so she had a hope of driving her car, until she sat in the seat and stretched out her legs for the pedals, the sudden pain made her scream. Kerry sat there and waited for the pain to go away, she moved her legs again and the pain shot through her body. She waited for the pain to go down again before giving it a third go, there was something very wrong as the pain made her scream again, this time a nurse was coming into the car park and heard the cry. The nurse had seen Kerry on Friday and came over to the car to see what was happening, Kerry got out of the car and leaned against it talking to the nurse. “It shouldn’t be hurting that much after a whole day” she told Kerry who thought the same. “Come inside and let's just check you out” she suggested to Kerry who was not able to go anywhere else anyway.

Kerry lay on a bed after carefully removing her skirt and pants, the nurse checked the wound site and wiped away some blood but found no reason for the pain. It was certainly sore to touch and stretching her legs made Kerry flinch with pain, this was getting worse thought the nurse and called her supervisor. They followed protocol and called the attending doctor to get instructions, Kerry was told he would be in at seven tonight and he had asked for her to be admitted over night. Dr Gwynn arrived just after seven fifteen, he had done the rest of his rounds and came into Kerry’s room, “let’s see what has happened” he said closing the curtains. He inspected the wound site and then pressed some areas just above the scrotum sack that made Kerry jump. Several times the doctor had a look on his face that made Kerry worry after all he had said the “C” word, cancer, during his consultation on Friday morning. Kerry started to cry at the thought of losing everything just as she was finding it for the first time.

“I don’t think it’s that bad dear” the doctor said trying to assure her, “but I may need to go back in and check deeper up so I need a good set of X-rays and can I have an ultra sound as well nurse.” The nurse bought a wheel chair for Kerry and pushed her off to the x-ray unit, a few snaps and then an ultra sound scan of her abdomen region. The doctor had the films within twenty minutes and could see a small dark shape just behind the bladder, it looked fairly small but was wrapped around some plumbing works. He told Kerry that she would have to have surgery in the morning and it could be a few hours long, she asked about cancer and the various types that normally occurred in this body area.

Kerry slept only after a sleeping tablet and was awake by six but could only have a shower and shave, breakfast was cancelled due to her pending operation. The doctor had scheduled an 8am surgery session so Kerry was given a pre-med around seven thirty and transferred onto a trolley bed ready for the ride to the operating room. As the gas hit the back of her throat she asked for a good result and drifted off, only to wake up nearly three hours later in recovery. The nurse made the same silly comments and Kerry did the same, she fell back to sleep until she finally came around as her temperature and blood pressure were being taken. They moved her back to her room and she started to feel better but the pain was different this time, it was higher in the groin. Dr Gwynn came in shortly after she had been moved, he had a chart and paper notepad, he drew a diagram that was supposed to look like her plumbing works.

The short story was that a cancerous growth had attached to the urinary tract and had started to close it off, the surgery removed it and some more tissue that was obviously not meant to be there. Dr Gywnn was happy with the surgery and the tumor was classed as being non life threatening and would not require any chemo therapy. About eight o’clock Monday morning the doctor came around and made a decision that she could go home, this time Joanne got dropped off at the hospital and drove Kerry home. Jo stayed with her for an hour until Bill came by and picked her up for work, he also dropped off a large bunch of flowers for her from the entire team.

It was Monday morning and Kerry was sitting at home with nothing to do, the pain had gone away and she was looking at a full five days of rest, she made it through the first day but Oprah was not her favorite choice. The second day started just the same, she logged into the email and saw Bill’s email asking how she was going, the girls had sent emails wishing her well. She tried to get some work done but couldn’t concentrate on the work, more midday movies and a short trip to get some videos. By Wednesday morning she was feeling much better and actually did some support work for a few clients, the helpdesk was overloaded and they appreciated her clearing some work, Thursday came and went. Friday morning began and Kerry rose early, she showered and got ready for the doctor's appointment at nine thirty, she was feeling much better today. The car drive was alright and she felt no pain this time, parking the car and walking to the rooms took some doing but she arrived in plenty of time. Dr Gwynn called her into the rooms and after a quick check told her that everything looked much better, she could go back to normal appointments.

Joanne called after work to see how she was going and wondered if she wanted to go dancing, “probably not the best thing after surgery Jo” Kerry told her. “Sorry I didn’t think, what about dinner then” Jo asked, “were you thinking of going out or eating at my place?” Kerry asked her. “Well, if you are offering OK but otherwise how about Italian?” Jo asked hoping that Kerry would offer to cook. “What say you bring the wine and bread and I’ll make the pasta and salad?” Kerry offered, “done, see you at seven I’ll bring a couple of friends” Jo replied hanging up. Kerry made a couple of pasta dishes, carbonara and chili tomato, then laid the outside table for four.

Jo arrived on time and introduced her boy friend Tom and his mate Clive. Kerry let them in and as soon as they had poured a drink and gone outside she dragged Jo into the kitchen, “what are you doing to me?” she asked Jo. “Nothing, just thought Clive may like a night out” Jo said with a slight smile on her face, Kerry slapped her across the arm. “Isn’t he too young to be out late?” Kerry asked, trying not to freak out at what she thought of as having a blind date. They rejoined the guys on the patio carrying the salad and bread, Tom made a point of complementing Kerry on a great view from the unit. The meal went down well and both guys said how they enjoyed real cooking for once, the three bottles of wine got polished off mainly by Jo and the guys, Kerry had very little.

They wanted to go for a walk along the bike track so Kerry locked the unit as they walked out the back door, Tom and Jo went arm in arm down the track and Clive followed behind with Kerry. Kerry thought he looked cute but around twenty years younger and also very male, “do you mind if I hold your hand” said Clive. Kerry thought that he was being very polite, but was she ready for such a drastic step, “If you want to, but don’t get any other ideas” she warned him. Kerry felt his hand gently hold hers and they walked along talking, she found herself warming to her new friend. Clive talked about work and asked plenty of open questions so she could talk about herself, she found him easy to get on with but still very young.

“How old do you think I am?” she asked Clive, “I don’t know, about thirty something, why?’ he said. “That’s really sweet of you but I am just over fifty and that is probably closer to your mums age than yours” Kerry told him. He just held her hand firmer as they walked along, Kerry said she had to sit down as walking was harder than she had thought after the operations this week so they found a bench and sat while Jo and Tom just kept walking, Clive put his arm around Kerry when she shivered and she felt the security of being protected. “I’m getting cold out here and it’s probably not good for me” she told him, “lets go back inside and wait for the love birds to come home” she suggested.

As soon as she unlocked the patio door Clive held her waist and she knew what was about to happen, “fight or flight” she thought trying to guess what her reaction would be. She was too slow and he pulled her towards him and bent his head to kiss her, he was gentle and the kiss was warm, even soft on her lips. Kerry had a silent argument with Paul, “now is not the time to wake up” she told him, at least in her mind she told him as her body had very definite ideas. Clive had put one hand on her bottom and repeated the kiss, she found herself moving her hips just a tad towards him, too small to feel she thought but Clive picked up on it straight away. He held her like this for only a few seconds, “excuse me” said Jo coming into the garden, with Tom in tow behind her.

“Tom has an early flight out tomorrow so I have to get him home” Jo told Kerry with a glint in her eye that said so much more. “I’ll stay and do the dishes for you then” said Clive knowing it sounded so corny and none of them believed a word he was saying.

As Tom drove out of the driveway Clive shut the door and said “now where were we before they came in?” Kerry now had a major problem, she knew what he wanted and what she could not supply, “look I have just had major surgery down there and my doctor will kill you if you upset his work” was her best idea. His bottom lip dropped and the puppy dog eyes looked so cute, Kerry had been able to use this often in her previous life form.

“Let me see what I can help you with” she said and his eyes opened thinking of all the things she could do for him. Kerry put her arms around his neck and kissed him again, she felt the tell tale lump in his pants and absolutely nothing in her own. Clive reached up and touched her left breast, she shuddered, “are you still cold?” he asked, “actually I think I may just be a little hotter than I thought” she said kissing him again.

“Have you got anything with you?” Kerry asked wanting to know what he expected of the night, “only three” he said “do you expect more then?” she replied. By now the lump was threatening to rip his pants apart so she undid his jeans and let them fall to the floor, he stepped out of them as Kerry took hold of his hand and headed for the bedroom. Clive took off his shirt and socks as Kerry slipped off her t-shirt and bra, “for an old lady you look really good” he joked, “it’s amazing what surgery can do kid, don’t spoil it.” He held her against him and they kissed again, this time Kerry felt the passion moving in her body but not in the usual places as Clive gently touched her breasts and nipples, she noticed they had hardened. What was going through her mind was very confusing but her body kept asking for more and Clive definitely wanted more. Kerry grabbed one of the condoms and rolled it onto him, Paul would have felt very insecure seeing Clive standing there but Kerry just kissed him as she helped him move. Standing there in the bedroom it took very little time to bring Clive to the point of no return, his pounding hips made it very clear what he would rather do to her body. He pulled her closer and then just froze as he came, Kerry felt the surge running through her hand and knew that in 15 seconds he would be putty in her hand.

Kerry was laying on the bed as Clive returned from the bathroom, he jumped into bed and lay next to her, “how was that, good enough for tonight?” she teased him. He kissed her again and played with her nipples, “enough, they are too sensitive now” she told him, surprised at how they had changed in the last eight months. He lay there stroking her belly and playing with her hair, Kerry had so many feelings but she had just enjoyed being wanted.

As they lay there it was Kerry that started the next move, Clive was already getting hard as she kissed his chest and belly, she knew just where to push the buttons and made sure he was pushed. The second condom was opened and rolled out for duty, Clive had never used more than one in any night, actually he hadn’t been able to use any for a long time. Kerry kissed and sucked his nipples until he was arching his back, she pressed the buttons and he exploded again, this time the condom burst and it went all over the sheet. Kerry just kissed him and held him as he lay there not trying to do anything else, “typical man, no thought of the woman's needs” she thought quite happy he didn’t. They lay like that for an hour before Kerry told him it was time to go home, “why can’t I stay here?’ he asked, “cos I have friends coming around at nine to help me with the housework and you are too young for their eyes” she said firmly.

Clive cleaned up and got dressed, Kerry slipped on her nightie and saw him to the door, “what about the dishes?’ he asked, “I have a dish washer and it has already finished an hour ago, go home” she said kissing him again. As Clive drove off Kerry knew that she had crossed a line tonight, she had no doubts about the transition or the final result she wanted to be a real woman. The bedroom looked like a bomb had gone off, she pulled up the quilt and snuggled under and fell asleep, making love was hard for a woman like Kerry.

The sun streamed through the lounge curtains and promised to make it a lovely day as Kerry walked out to the kitchen and breakfast. Her mobile beeped to let her know she had missed a message from Jo, no doubt wanting to know the details of her first date as Kerry. “OK you can come over if you want, I’ll make breakfast for us both” she told Jo who only lived a few kilometers away. Before the kettle boiled Jo was in the driveway and heading for the door.

“Well, tell me what happened after we left” she said pulling up a chair. “What do you mean?” Kerry said playing coy with her, “you know, I saw the look on your face when we surprised you kissing him, or was that eating him” Jo said. “A good girl never tells is what I was told” said Kerry, “yes, but you were not good last night were you?” asked Jo. Kerry smiled and blushed “Clive would have to tell you how good I was, but it was fun, I knew exactly what he wanted” she said. “I am not surprised at that but what about you, what did you get out of it?” asked Jo. Kerry laughed and said something about how hard her nipples felt and the warm sensations in unusual places and not needing to have any more yet.

Jo stayed while Kerry cleaned up the house and the bedroom, “I see stains on the sheets, it must have been good for Clive” Jo said laughing at Kerry’s blushing face. “I need to do some shopping do you want to come with me?” asked Kerry “I need fruit and veg and some more meat.” Kerry raced through the shower and makeup and put on her jeans, boots and her little tank top and jewelry. “Is that what you shop in?” asked Jo “and what will you get offered?” Kerry looked at her image in the mirror and wondered what it would be today, “who knows it may be worth bringing home, let's go” she said grabbing her keys and shopping bags.

Jo had started to see another side of Kerry and could see the changes happening very quickly, sometimes she thought it may be too quickly. Kerry drove her car into the car park and chose a space away from the main area so she could walk past all of the outside shops. Kerry stuck her head into Jill’s shop and said hello, “next Thursday Ok Jill?” asked Kerry “only if we do drinks afterwards dear” said Jill. “Done, I’ll see you at six then, bye” said Kerry waving as she left the shop. “You are becoming quite the social butterfly aren’t you” said Jo, “I do have a few years to catch up on” replied Kerry. They walked around the fruit market and Kerry filled her bags at the usual stall, same fruit and the same chat up lines. Meat and more flirting lines from both of them, Jo was beginning to feel sick at the way Kerry enjoyed herself and said so. “I’ve seen you get close with Tom and didn’t care who saw you, so keep quiet” said Kerry but thought she should tone it down a little.

Jo called time out for a coffee break so they found a table and ordered a drink. Kerry was beginning to enjoy having Jo as a friend and she thought the age difference was almost insignificant. Kerry drank her coffee as Jo played with hers, “just be careful, you don’t want a bad name around work” said Jo. Kerry understood but hadn’t thought it would apply to her until last night, it was as if she went from 12 to 22 in one week. Kerry stopped drinking and looked at Jo.

“I have no idea what is happening to me Jo, my mind is racing all over the place. Poor Clive nearly got raped last night I was so stirred up” she said, “I thought something had moved quickly from the look on his face” said Jo. "They told me that 'transition' was the name of the game as well as the task and it seems that change is happening in too many areas of my life and too quickly, what do I do?" Kerry asked. Jo had no real advice as the whole scene was outside of her experience so she just talked about going slowly and not jumping everyone in pants. Kerry also told Jo about missing out on her bra fitting experience last Friday so Jo offered to go with her if she felt good enough. “I feel fine physically just a little emotional now” Kerry told her, “good you probably need a good dose of therapy” said Jo standing up to go.

They walked to the car and Jo wanted to know if Kerry had a preference for where to get fitted, “I’ve never done this before so you choose for me” Kerry asked. They drove back to the unit, unloaded the groceries and then on to one of the larger shopping centres and parked the car, “I like to shop at DJ’s they always do a good job” said Jo heading for the mall entrance. The girls walked through the mall and Kerry pointed out a shop that had formal wear and let Jo know she wanted to come back there. They entered DJ’s and walked around to the bra section, the range was good but not as risqué as the lingerie shop Kerry normally used.

“I’m beginning to feel old, are you sure they are good” asked Kerry just as the assistant, Donna, came over to them. Jo told her that Kerry needed fitting properly as her breasts had increased suddenly and no they wouldn’t change any more if she understood. Donna looked at Kerry well more like looked at her chest and then her face, “What style are you thinking of, daywear, sports, night time?” she asked Kerry who thought a bra was a bra. “I probably need a selection of each type, since my change” she suggested without saying what the change was. Donna took Kerry into a special fitting area and got her to remove her top so she could see her current bra and make the correct measurements. She was very professional and never asked about the sudden change but assumed it was just implants.

"You are very well shaped and a good support bra should help you stay that way” she concluded. “Good, I would hate to have to spend another five grand” said Kerry trying to relax by joking around. “Well it was well spent” said Donna, “I can only just see the scars and I know where to look.” Kerry tried on several styles and any of them would have been good for her so she chose about six pairs including a good sports bra for the bike. The classic silk and lace ones in black and white as well as a couple of pairs of skin tone sweater bra’s for under see through tops and a very nice push up bra. The sale pricing brought the whole lot to just under two hundred dollars and Kerry realized that comfort only came at a cost, light and skimpy is fine for younger thinner girls with no more than a C cup.

Jo and Kerry walked around the mall until Kerry found the formal shop, “I just want to look inside, I am not going to buy anything” she tried to tell Jo. “Sure, you won’t buy anything at all” laughed Jo and Kerry was already inside looking at a red long strapless gown with a long slit up the back. “You would look enchanting in that with your auburn hair” said the sales person, closing in quickly for a sale. “Where do you plan on wearing it” asked Jo “and with who or is that a silly question?” Kerry ignored her and held the dress up against her body, “what do you think, belle of the ball?” asked Kerry. She put the gown back and told the assistant that she just wanted to look, and look she did at several very nice gowns and outfits that she would have loved to own. Kerry tried a couple on but came back to her first choice, back at DJ’s she had swapped her old bra for the new push up one she had just purchased and made a stunning impact in the shop. The boots she had on did not do justice but the gown was long enough to be hidden from view.

“Can you hold this for me, I’ll be back in around thirty minutes?’ Kerry asked the assistant, “it will be out the back until we close dear” she said thinking that Kerry would not return. Kerry left the shop and walked down to the shoe shop, she found a pair of four inch heels in silver with rhinestones on the straps. A few minutes later she was back in the formal shop with her new shoes and asked for her gown again, the assistant was surprised that she came back as several people ran when they saw the prices. Kerry went into the change rooms and swapped her jeans and boots for gown and new shoes, “the princess is only lacking the tiara” she thought. Leaving the shop with her new gown, shoes, bra’s and a lighter credit card made her feel much better.

Jo enjoyed shopping with Kerry but wondered where the money came from, she knew nothing about the legal settlement since that was covered by a confidentiality clause. “What are you doing tonight?” Kerry asked Jo, “nothing special, what did you have in mind?” asked Jo suspecting that Kerry would want to try her new gown out. “I would like to go to the ballet or somewhere that I can show off my new clothes” she said, “don’t you mean your new figure?” joked Jo. “Alright but I want to go out with the girls tonight” she sulked. Jo sat down at a café and told Kerry to order a drink for her. Jo made a few phones calls and then waited for Kerry to return, “what have you planned?” Kerry asked as the mobile rang. Jo talked in short words that made no sense to Kerry, as she finished the call it beeped again with an SMS then another one. Jo made one more call and simply said “that will be for five OK, fine I’ll see you at seven, bye” she said hanging up. Jo flicked SMS’s out and then turned for her drink, “all done, we are going out tonight, your only job is to get ready.”

It was now just after one so they had five hours to spare, “Lets see if Jill can fit us both in this afternoon, my shout” said Kerry and speed dialed Jill’s salon. Kerry asked for Jill and told her all about the new gown and how she would really appreciate it if she could get two appointments for the lot. “Thanks dear and I will still come for drinks on Thursday, promise, bye” said Kerry folding her phone and putting it into her handbag. “We now have only two hours to spare until three o’clock when Jill can handle both of us, she normally closes at three but will call in a favor just for me” Kerry said. “Lets have lunch and then I want one more thing” she said going to the counter, “what do you want, my shout?” she told Jo.

Two salads later and the girls were back walking around the mall, “I really need some ‘bling’ to go with the new gown” she told Jo. The national chain jewelry shops had some nice bits but not quite good enough for her liking, “where do you reckon I can get a nice necklace from?” she asked Jo. Jo turned her around and went to a very small jewelry store “check out this lot first” she said pointing to a very lightly stocked counter. The sales person came over and asked how he could help the ladies today, “we need to see some really nice bling, if you know what we mean” Jo told him. “Did madam have any price range in mind?” he asked, Kerry turned to him and said that “money was not the issue but look was everything” he relaxed and went for a tray of gold and diamonds chains. He had Kerry’s attention straight away, “now you are talking my language, keep talking” she told him.

Kerry sat down and let him put a beautiful heavy gold and diamond chain around her neck. It sat there sparkling as she moved, “it looks slightly lost by itself, don’t you think” she asked him. A second tray came out with a matching wrist chain, “very nice, but what about the cost” asked Jo, the salesman simply ignoring her and focused on Kerry the client. “You don’t need to worry Jo, I can afford it” Kerry told her, “these are very nice but I think I need more, do they have matching earrings or anything else?” Kerry asked the salesman who was getting rather excited at the opportunity of making bonus this week. He produced a pair of earrings and then a small delicate watch all in the same pattern, “they were made especially for a client that changed her mind about a month ago” he told Kerry.

The total cost was well over the daily EFTPOS limit so she had to use her credit card, and with the new twenty grand limit she had just made a significant dent in her available credit. Jo looked at her, as the items were each wrapped and put into a special bag complete with the special case they came in. Stepping outside Jo had to ask, “are you sure you can afford all of this, or shouldn’t I ask?” she said, Kerry just grabbed her by the arm and told her to stop worrying then stopped in the middle of the store entry.

“I am so sorry, Jo” she said grabbing her arm and turning back into the shop, “I’ve changed my mind, I need something for my friend as well” she said to the young salesman. Before Jo could complain Kerry had chosen a nice necklace and pair of earrings for Jo, “try these on and don’t look at the price” Kerry told her. Jo had to sneak a look at the price when Kerry was checking out another pair of earrings for herself, just then Kerry turned around, “what do you think, like them?” she asked Jo.

“I couldn’t take them, they cost too much” Jo told Kerry, “I said, do you like them not do you like the price” Kerry replied getting annoyed at Jo.

“Yes I love them, but look at the price” Jo said trying to argue with Kerry, “fine, we’ll take them please” Kerry told the salesman. Jo stood up and hugged Kerry, “I’m really glad Paul has left the scene, thank you so much” she said as the bag was handed to her and the credit card handed back to Kerry. Jo put her arm through Kerry’s and walked out of the mall.

“I gather something has happened financially for you” she said “Yes but I can’t talk about it, there is a confidentiality clause on it” Kerry told her.

By three o’clock they were sitting in the salon waiting for Jill to call them, “I have asked Karen to come and give me a hand again” said Jill. “Hi Karen, you did my nails and makeup a few months ago, how are you?” Kerry asked Karen as she introduced herself to Jo and Kerry, “of course I remember, how are you going?” Karen asked not expecting an answer. Jill had one of the junior girls start by washing their hair and then conditioning, then she trimmed Jo’s hair, while another girl did Kerry’s colouring, it was getting more auburn each month. Karen did their nails, this time Kerry had full acrylics like Jo’s, and then Jill and Karen did their makeup, all up it was nearly five before they got out of there.

Jo’s mobile had beeped several times during the visit and Kerry wondered what she was up to for their night’s entertainment. “I feel so pampered, thank you” said Jo as Kerry started the car and drove out of the car park to go home. They stopped at Jo’s place on the way to pick up her clothes and shoes, “are you going to tell me what we are doing tonight Jo?” asked Kerry as Jo chose a formal gown and shoes. “Not yet, just sit back and enjoy the night out with the girls, at least you won’t get into trouble” Jo told her.

When they got back to the unit Kerry put the kettle on and made some tea for herself and coffee for Jo, “you can use either bedroom to get changed in” Kerry told Jo. They sat and drank while they talked as time got closer for them to get ready, this was going to be a big night out and Kerry had no understanding of what was ahead for her.

Next time - Is Paul really dead and buried or should Jo watch her pretty steps?

up
68 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Alternative Release - 4

OUCH! At least Kerry got the cancer taken care of. Too bad full SRS was not done.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Sorry

Sorry if it made your eyes water, it did mine as I re-read it.

Kerry

Thanks Kerry,

ALISON

'a sweet story and we look forward to her trip to Thailand again for her SRS.Kerry has come a long way.

ALISON