Thoughts

Printer-friendly version

As I sit in the woods on a cold fall day.
I watch the wind blow as the leaves on the trees fall.
I ask myself, is there a reason I am this way.
Would I be better off dead?
I have tried for way to long.
I have cried and cried and the tears are all gone.
As the sky grows dark and my anger builds.
I find being dead would be a thrill.
Please help me lord, I cried one time.
I head back home no longer afraid for the end was not to be on this day.
I have too many friends that would be sad if I went away.
As I enter my house, there my parents stood ready to give me a hug.
Everything will OK they said.

(not a suicide note)

up
39 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

You raised an important question.

WebDeb's picture

"Please help me Lord, I cried one time."
.................
................
"As I enter my house, there my parents stood ready to give me a hug"

I am sorry but your prose is not applicable to my situation.

I knew society would never accept me due to my "condition."

As a child I had no parents or no belief in any god.

As an adult today I am of the same disposition.

I do hope others may find comfort from your well written prose but it does not move me personaly.
Sorry if this comment offends but the only emotionaly painful reminder of this story was my three failed attempts of suicide. I wasn't looking for a god but only non existence in order to end the extreme pain I felt at the time.

Thoughts

How many share your thoughts? I hope and pray that all will hear those wonderful words of love and acceptance.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I see no thoughts...

Andrea Lena's picture

...so much as feelings; cried tears...anger... darkened skies and building anger? The sadness of your untimely departure? And embraces that encourage you? It sounds like strong emotions of how it feels when life doesn't seem worth the effort, and that you find it is at the hug of your parents. You drew me in and held me; a friend who knows just how it feels. Thank you.


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Glad for your note

RAMI

It was good of you to add the little note at the end, as to the intent of this prose.
I do not know if any one has actually left a real suicide note here, but occassionally, there have been postings that have scared me. Unfortunately, there is littl that most readers can do if they see such notes. I guess that there might be some way for those knowledgable of the net to do so, but that might be too late.

It seems you have family, who love you, and want to comfort you. That might not be enough, but it is more then some other here have.

RAMI

RAMI

Thank you

For the wonderful comments. The journey continues as I continue to learn you more about me.

Hugs
Melissa

Not Prose, Poetry!

Cool.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee