Galatea, is that you?

Printer-friendly version
Galatea, is that you?
A Whateley fanfic


by Freya

This needs a serious rewrite. I'm leaving it up until I can fix it but if you haven't started reading it don't, wait until I've revamped it. I also need to find a new title.
Thank you
Freya

Well it's been rewritten but I'm still not happy except maybe with the title. Read at your own risk. :-P
Freya

The first thing she did after getting back to her dorm was shower. Spending a night in a hospital, even one as nice as Doyle made her want to shower when she got back home and right now the E. A. Poe dormitory was home. They'd taken blood several times during the night and again just before she was discharged but all the punctures were healed now except the last and that vanished by the time her long shower was over.

'It's nice not to be in a rush to finish,' she thought to herself as she finally left to dry off. She usually showered in the morning when there was a line and anyone lingering unnecessarily was harangued. She'd just gotten back to her room when her phone rang.

"We have results from your blood tests Miss Stein. You may want to sit down for this." Oh that is not a good sign, she thought and sat on the nearest bed. The voice on the phone was female and might have been one of the nurses or one of the doctors she'd met but she couldn't place it.

"Okay, I'm sitting, what's the bad news?"

"Well there is some good news as well," the woman said as if trying to make up for the scare she'd just given Rachel. "As the night went on your skin and tissue became firmer and tougher until this morning when we had to use the adamantium needle. You are no longer simply an Exemplar two. We'll have to retest you to find out exactly where you rate now but if there were no other processes at work then you have jumped to either being a high end three or a low end four. Also given the general enhancement of your appearance your stated goal of modeling seems assured as long as they don't have a policy against paranormals."

"Uh huh. Now could you get to the bad part? Drawing it out is just making it worse."

"Well it's like this...," Rachel at first didn't understand what they woman meant by "elevating hormone levels" and "associated behavioral urges" then she did and her stomach dropped. She heard the woman asking her questions but couldn't bring herself to reply, nodding uselessly at the phone.

"Mis Stein do you understand the implications of what I've said?" The voice pauses briefly, "We would like you to come in for further observation. Such wide variance in hormonal levels can't be good for anyone, even an exemplar." After a pause the woman continued, "And we may be able to help with the associated side effect if we have enough time to research it."

She'd eventually convinced them to wait 30 minutes to allow her to try to calm herself down. She snorted with humor, "Euphemism use must be contagious." Rachel put the phone back on the charger and dropped her still damp towel in the hamper. She went into the closet to look at herself in the full length mirror there. The person she saw was not the same as the one she'd seen the day before she'd had a sudden collapse in English class. She was now six feet even instead of 5'8" and her skin had no trace of the tan she acquired from outdoor sports this spring. In fact it didn't even seem to have pores anymore. Her hips were a little wider and her breasts had grown enough larger that she'd need a new bra but if they were right about her EX level she shouldn't have to worry about sag or back problems and really d cups weren't too huge right? Her abs had gotten flatter and harder which was good and her hair was now the color of cornsilk instead of black. All in all she was very lucky considering what might have happened.

They'd told her it was a burnout episode and that her fever had gone quite high while she was unconscious. They'd watched her body alter itself and rushed to provide it with enough calories so that she wouldn't starve. When they fever broke and she awoke they'd been very relieved. In the morning she'd felt fine but they didn't release her until early afternoon and had continued taking blood samples every hour. Now she knew why and as she looked around for something to wear she knew the woman had been right. She should have left as soon as she hung up. All the clothes around her and for the first time in her life she wanted to wear none of them.

The room had started out as a normal wardrobe but her roommate was a devisor and bending the laws of physics until they cried uncle was her stock in trade so they wardrobe looked like it was no more than a foot deep from the outside but inside it was a full walk in closet complete with vanity table and a full length mirror. Most of the clothes in here were Rachel's. She shook her head, when Betsy had done that in their Freshman year it should have been a clue that she had a bit of a crush on Rachel but Rachel had been awfully closeminded back then.

More laughter escaped her but it had little humor in it. Closeminded wasn't the word really, she'd been snotty and mean. It wasn't even that she didn't like girls; she'd just thought she was too good for the rather plain looking Betsy. She'd apologized since then but she still felt bad at how she'd acted, especially since she was pretty sure Betsy still had a crush on her. Well if the eggheads couldn't fix things then Betsy might get her wish after all.

It should be alright either way but it would be better if her roommate didn't show up until she was done and had left for the med center. Just as she thought that she heard the room door open.

"Rache? Are you in here?" her roommate was short with mousy brown hair and only mildly curved. In her favorite clothes, jumpsuits, hoodies, and coveralls she could pass for a boy to most. She had never looked better to Rachel.

"I'm here, Betsy." Rachel answered and stepped out of the closet naked. She could smell the other woman clearly, a mixture of oil, girl, and soap. She must have been trying to get all the grease off but her nails were still black and she had a smudge on her face.

"You look amazing." Rachel breathed and walked towards Elizabeth.

"If that's is a joke it's not funny. We've been roomies for over two years and you've never made a pass before. Why would you want me now that you're even hotter looking?" She sounded angry with hurt imperfectly hidden underneath.

"Oh, but I do want you." Rachel stroked a hand across Betsy's face and shutting the door. "And you can have me if you want." She was tall enough that she could brush a nipple across Betsy's lips easily.

Betsy shuddered, and pushed her back against the closed door. She'd daydreamed this so often she wondered if this was one of them. Her lips felt hot and she was panting. She shook her head and tried to get her brain, both their brains, working again. "Does this have to do with you going to Doyle yesterday?" Her voice trailed off as her thoughts took a different turn, 'oh god she's so lovely, and soft and Focus!' Betsy shook her head, closed her eyes and tried again to be the voice of reason. "I mean if this is some meds they gave you... I... you don't need to do this. Painkillers can make you act funny sometimes you know?"

Betsy remembered carrying Rachel into the campus med center sweating and moaning but she was sure the other girl hadn't been aware of who'd carried her so this couldn't be some sort of thank you. Betsy had found out she was discharged when she went to see her and so she'd stuffed food for two in her backpack and come here to see how Rachel was and ask if everything was okay. She really hadn't expected to find Rachel naked and apparently willing.

"I just got a call from Doyle. They just finished the tests on the blood they took this morning and they say my hormones are on overload. I don't know if they're right about why but I need, well bluntly I need sex." She stroked Betsy's face again and leaned in for a kiss.

Betsy would have floating on cloud nine except for one thing, "So it's not me then? Any girl or boy who walked in would get the same offer?" She was gasping a little from the kiss and her nipples were hard but her brain was in control. You learned that sort of control at Whateley with all the beautiful girls about or at least most did.

"I'm so turned right now that if Peeper had walked in with a camera crew and asked if I wanted to do a porno with him I'd say yes even if I did kill him afterwards." Rachel acknowledged. "But I'm glad it was you. We have time but not a whole lot. I got them to wait 30 minutes before expecting me but if I don't show up they'll probably send someone to find me." She trailed a fingernail across the hard nipple visible through the dirty coverall and grinned at the reaction she got. "So can you think of something we can do until then? I was just going to masturbate some more but it's much more fun with another person."

Betsy was making disjointed sounds like "uh", "guh", and "wha" then she gave up trying to speak and started kissing the breasts she'd been dreaming of. She told herself it was a bad idea but she did it anyway.

Rachel started undressing her and put the backpack aside. "I can smell the food and I'm sure we'll be hungry later but first I need a different hunger sated."

She was losing her self control fast and Betsy was here. That she was a friend made it easier for her to give in. She soon had her friend naked as well despite the kisses they shared along the way. She flopped down on her own bed, "I'm on the bottom because I'm not sure of my new strength yet." She wrapped her hands around the wrought iron pattern of the headboard and spread her legs wide. "We'll do whatever tickles your fancy. I'm game for anything right now."

Betsy's eyes popped at that, "guh uh wah?" So much for the brain always being in charge, a small part of her thought, my hormones are making me sound as dumb as any drooling idiot. It was only a small part though as the rest of her focused on the task at hand.

As she was happily nuzzling Rachel's flesh, a small bit of her brain that was always stuck in science mode was wondering about things like pheromones and mind control. Was she really making this choice or was it being made for her? Eventually she just said to hell with it and decided to enjoy the moment to the fullest and worry about pheromones and free will later.

Rachel lay there moaning and writhing as she had several rapid orgasms over the course of five minutes. 'Oh gods, what's happening to me?' was one thought she had between orgasms. The other was, 'If I'd known she was this good with her tongue I'd have jumped her bones back in our first semester.' She writhed in pleasure but somehow kept from bucking or squeezing her legs together. After the sixth orgasm she felt a bit more in control. "Bets? It's your turn now."

Betsy had heard her and lifted her head all sweaty and slick, "My turn?" She grinned, "Okay."

Rachel released the headboard and started to sit up when Betsy said, "If that's what you do to iron though you're still going to be on the bottom."

She turned to look and saw a crushed lump instead of the fancy pattern it had been before. She looked at her hands and winced then nodded, "Yeah, I guess so. Are you still game? I think I'm over the hump, so to speak. I can wait until they get here now. I mean I owe you but I can see how you might want to leave or something."

"Don't be silly! I'll be in less danger than I was before and I'm not about to pass up my turn! So just lie back and relax because here I come."

The paramedics from Doyle Medical Center found them in a sixty nine position some time later and had some trouble at first in making their presence known.

They were both examined at the medical and tests were done. Eventually, they were called into the doctor's office. "Hello, I'm Dr. Hakima. I'm talking to both of you because it affects both of you as long as Betsy continues to be your roommate." He turned to Betsy, "Elizabeth Hand, am I to understand that you wish to remain her roommate?"

Betsy blushed but nodded, "Umm, the lab guys said there was no medical reason for me to be worried. You know nothing toxic or addictive. I, um, well, I wasn't coerced or anything."

The middle aged man in white smiled at them gently, "It's okay. I know the secret of Poe and I have no problem with it. In fact it will make things much easier in this case if you both enjoyed it." He paused and looked at Rachel, who nodded vigorously.

"If I'd known how good she was at..." He held up a hand, "No need to elaborate Miss Stein. In that case things will be simpler as I said. First I'll explain what we know then I'll list options." He took out a folder and opened it but he wasn't looking at it. He was looking at them as he continued, "As you know Miss Stein had a Level Three burnout incident last night. She is fortunate you brought her in, she might not have survived otherwise." Rachel grabbed Betsy's hand and Betsy squeezed back. "What you may or may not know is that the more serious the burnout the more likely it is that great changes occur. If the person survives that is." He frowned, "I'm not saying this to scare you. I just want you to appreciate the seriousness of what happened and that regardless of any changes you are still luckier than most." He held up a report, "This contains your blood tests from last night, early this morning, just before we released you and today when we brought you back in. Your hormones spike in the morning then continue to climb. We have seen enough of this to realize you probably had very little control left when we called you and it was only the fact that you were still quite rational seeming and the, ah, nonlethal nature of the desires you were experiencing that convinced the person who called to agree to wait even 30 minutes." He pointed to various parts of the paper but neither could make heads or tails out of it. They nodded anyway just to show they were listening. "However when we brought you in your blood levels were perfectly normal again. From these data we are highly confident in making a short term prediction. However we have also scheduled you a meeting with Powers Testing for Monday morning. This will allow us to confirm our guesses and make long term predictions as well as categorize any other changes that have gone unnoticed."

"She's much stronger now." Betsy told him. He made a note, "Thank you and if either of you notice anything odd please call me immediately." He handed them business cards, "That has my cellphone on it. I'll answer it day or night, so don't hesitate to call me if necessary. I'll give it to your house mother as well. Well I hope you'll forgive me for being blunt but I can think of no other way to say this. You're going to be waking up horny every morning and it will get worse until you actually have sex. If you don't give in eventually it will erode your control until you will have sex with the nearest person. So we hereby suggest you have sex as early as possible each morning and if possible before you leave your room." He removed a sheet of paper and handed it to Rachel, "This is an exemption from the no sex on campus rule and as you see Betsy's name appears on it as well. This is so neither one of you get in trouble for what happened earlier today and should you wish to change the second name on the exemption you may do so either here or through your house mother. You are also hereby warned that if you, being aware of this, should willfully ignore this advice any complications or problems resulting from any subsequent loss of control on your part will be held to be your fault unless you can prove otherwise." He looked Rachel in the eyes and asked, "Do you understand this warning fully or would you like me to go over it again?"

Rachel swallowed and looked serious, "I think I understand but let me repeat everything back to you to make sure. I'm going to be like this every day for the immediate future. I will wake up desiring sex and that desire will grow if not sated until I can no longer restrain myself. If I do lose control because I have willingly neglected to have sex that day and I cause any harm due to my loss of control I will be held responsible for all damages incurred. This permission slip exempts me from the Campus rules against students having sex with other students. It also seems to imply that another person is required though and I wanted to ask why later but it's true masturbating brings no relief. At the moment the designated significant other is Betsy but I can change that if I want through the Center here or through Mrs. Horton our house mother. It's requested that I fuck Betsy silly every morning before class so that I can think clearly and don't act like some crazed nympho in a porn movie. Is that a fair restatement?" She gave a twisted smile and Betsy patted the hand that held hers.

"Yes, and I can see why you'd be upset. With more complete testing we may be able to fix the problem but as you are an Exemplar and this has all the earmarks of being BIT related so it would be unfair to get your hopes up for any long term solution and as I said before, on the whole you are lucky. You have no GSD, you are in even better health than before aside from this requirement and it seems you may even have found love through this misadventure. I wish you both the best of luck. All of your teachers have been contacted about your absences today and Rachel's teachers have been informed of her appointment with Powers Testing on Monday. Don't forget to show that exemption to your house mother and have a good weekend."

Clearly dismissed they left and walked slowly back to Poe hand in hand.

up
102 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'm still kind of a novice

I'm still kind of a novice with the Whateley stories, but this seems to be a very good one! I liked the idea that her power is sex, and I seem to remember a girl with similar issues in my past. Very enjoyable! Oh, I meant the story!

Wren

Now this is definitely

Now this is definitely different and at Whateley to boot. A very interesting power indeed. I wonder if her power will eventually manifest itself to the point that she will send out "signals" of a sexual nature to others showing her huge need for immediate sex?

It's fan fic...

I keep wanting to say... "but it doesn't work that way" and in Whateley canon, it wouldn't. Not the least of which is the stylistic choice that puts things 'on camera' that most of the WU canon authors tend to keep as implied (especially between the minor aged characters). But it is a fan fic, so you can take some liberty with the way things work conceptually and with style. In the big picture though, I'm not sure there's any point in this being a Whateley story... the academy and familiar names of places and people don't really have anything to do with the fantasies that are being played out in this piece. In that sense, however, it serves as an inaccurate example of what the Whateley Universe has to offer for readers while playing to that Universe's popularity to attract readers.

Kristin

Well, I'll agree it doesn't

Well, I'll agree it doesn't really follow canon. I don't think I set the story there as some sort of "bait and switch". I may be wrong but it seems you are implying something like that. It was originally posted as "When life hands you lemons" on the Crystal Hall site and when I wrote it I was thinking it mostly fit in that universe. The need for sex is more side effect than power, although I guess I glossed over her actual powers.
Perhaps I should have left the story where I found it but I thought some people here might enjoy it.

Well now it's been edited some.

Well now it's been edited some. Not sure I can improve it more. Maybe I should delete it.
It is better than before IMHO but still not great.

So, what caused the burn out

Diesel Driver's picture

I got the impression that it's just possible something Betsy did, caused the burn out. Nothing distinct but just an impression. Any possibility that the crazy deviser might have "accidentally" tested something on her room mate?

Chris in CA

Chris