A Guide to Faraday City

Printer-friendly version

My Faraday City stories have been exploring an increasingly expansive world of superheroes, adventure, whimsy and danger. So, to keep all the worldbuilding straight, I documented it! Character dossiers, location writeups, it’s all here. Also, some fun new pics, and even some sneak peeks of upcoming stories!

A Guide to Faraday City

By Jenny North

(Prodigious Girl and Prodigy in his hideout)

“Okay, then,” he nodded as he retrieved a small data pad and handed it to me. “Here’s some homework for you that’ll keep you resting on your tail for a while.”

“What’s this?”

“Comprehensive dossiers on all known metahumans.”

I turned on the pad and thumbed through the entries. There were entries on lots of villains I’d heard about and many more that I hadn’t. Caleb would probably go nuts for this, I thought. But as I skimmed through it, I noticed something else.

“There are heroes in here, too.”

“Of course there are. One of them goes woolly or gets mind controlled, you’ll want to know their soft spots.”

“Where are you getting this from? I mean, villains are one thing, but heroes don’t exactly—”

“I hacked the superhero registration database.”

I looked at him in shock. “You...”

“Get over it, girl. We need an edge, and you’re holding it.”

I glanced down at the pad and then back at him. “So, what am I supposed to do with this?”

“Memorize it.”

“What?” I cried. “That’s not fair! There’s gotta be hundreds of entries!”

“And more every day, princess. Fighting crime isn’t just about punching out the bad guys’ lights, it’s about being ready for them. Knowing their strengths and weaknesses.”

~o~O~o~

So, in that above scene from Identity Crisis, who here really wanted to see what was on that data pad with all the detailed writeups?

Oh, so just me, then? Okay.

Still, my obsessiveness is your windfall! Since I needed to organize all the worldbuilding material for my Faraday City stories anyway, I decided to put the materials on a site where others could enjoy them as well. Think of it like a mini-Wikipedia site dedicated to the stories. (Or OHOTMU, for you comic geeks out there.)

So far, there’s over 60 pages of content with more than 62,000 words of material, and over 100 photos! Listings for over 150 characters (with detailed dossiers for 25 characters!), plus full story analysis pages that cross-link writeups of all the characters, organizations, locations, and equipment with where they appeared. All that, plus never-before-seen pics, and sneak peeks of upcoming stories, too!

FaradayCitySite01.jpg

What’s that, you say? You don’t know the difference between a Morphex Crystal and an Eidetic Charm? You’re not sure what’s going on at that mysterious Petco? Curious what Prodigy’s car looks like? Or maybe you’re looking for a good place to get donuts while in Faraday City? Worry no more, with dozens of writeups on locations, items, supergroups, and organizations.

FaradayCitySite02.jpg

Lest we forget the fun stuff, there’s fun stuff, too! Electronic trading cards, cosplay pics of my friends and me dressing up as the characters, even pics of some custom figures and statues!

FaradayCitySite03.jpg

Now, what would you pay? (Is it nothing? Well, that’s good, because just like the stories, it’s free!)

In total openness, I’m not expecting you kids to actually read all of what’s up there. While the actual Faraday City stories are fun and entertaining, a Wikipedia-style article about them is...less so. That part of it is really meant to help me organize things for myself. But I added some pizzazz so you could poke around and enjoy a little peek behind the scenes.

The site is up at: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/faraday-city-jenny-north

Check it out! I hope you like it!

(Now, I just need to get back to actually writing the next story...)

~o~O~o~
up
30 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos