The Mischief Continues Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

After lunch, Nike, Fey, and Dave went exploring some of L.A. Since Fey and Dave had already visited the venues where they were scheduled to perform. They along with Nike visited some of the more historical sites in L.A.

“So, Nike. Why were you chosen to train me and Fey?” Dave looks at Nike as they walk down the street.

“Well, it's repayment for giving me a second chance at life.” Nike was thankful that she was given a second chance.

“What happened to you?” Fey was curious about their new guardian.

“Let’s just say that me and my father didn’t get along.” Nike shivers from the memory of what her father did to her and her siblings. She was happy that he was paying for his crimes against them.

“So, which god or goddess sent you to train and protect us?” Dave was curious.

“I was given a second chance by Hades. I am a descendant of one of Nyx’s offspring. She wasn’t happy with what happened to one of her grandchildren. So, she persuaded Lord Hades to let me come back.”

“Why would Greek gods take an interest in me and Dave?” Fey had a confused look on her face.

“Beats me. The fates must have something important for you two. All I was instructed was to train you two and protect you.”

“I noticed when we saw you. That you were wearing gladiatorial armor. Did you use to be a gladiator?” Dave wanted to know why Nike was dressed that way.

“Yes, I was forced to fight in the gladiatorial circuit by my father. He sold me to a man who bought and trained gladiators. I learned he bought me, mostly for fodder to feed to the loins. However, it seemed I was pretty good against my opponents.”

“So, if you don’t mind me asking. How did you die?” Dave figures she must have died.

“I was ambushed by the gladiator’s friends. Somehow they managed to locate where I was and attacked me.”

“I hope you took some of them with you.” Fey would try like hell to take as many as she could with her.

“I managed to kill two of them and seriously mane the other two. Just before I died.”

“That wasn’t fair. Four against one.” Fey thought that was unfair.

“They knew how dangerous I was with a weapon and without one. It turned out, they had been hired to kill me.”

“How did you learn that?” Dave wanted to know.

“I was told by my grandmother. She found out the truth and begged Nyx to bring me back for revenge.”

“Did you get your revenge?” Fey was curious.

“Yes and in return I was assigned to protect and train you two. I have to say, your time is a lot different than anything I am used to.” Nike was still getting over how life had changed.

“So, how are you going to teach us to use our magical abilities? Do you possess mystical abilities?” Fey figures if the gods were going to send someone to teach magic. They should send someone who can do it.

“I have some magical abilities. After all, I am a descendant of the Greek Goddess Nyx.” Nike had some mystical abilities.

“You do know, we don’t live here in L.A., don’t you?” Dave wonders if Nike knew this.

“I know. I was given information by one of the oracles. I also know you two are attending college as well.” Nike has learned everything about them.

“Why us?” Dave was curious about that.

“Don’t know. I think we covered this question when we first met.” Nike looks at Dave and smiles.

“Well, today is our last day here. Why don’t we catch a show and call it a day?”

“Sounds like a plan.” Nike loved the modern shows she has seen so far.

The rest of the day, Nike, Fey, and Dave enjoy the rest of their time in L.A.

up
38 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos