A baker street drabble

Printer-friendly version

“My God, Holmes, why are you dressed as a woman? “

“This is the real me. Watson. All the opium and melancholy were just trying to deflect my agony over living as a man.”

“Extraordinary! How long have you felt like this? When did you know?”

“When? Elementary, my dear Watson.”

up
43 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

giggles.

old chestnut, but still funny

DogSig.png

This put me in mind of another Sherlock Holmes story.

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

One of my favorite TG authors, sadly departed, Valentina Michelle Smith wrote "The Whitechapel Horror."

If you haven't read it, I couldn't recommend it to highly. It's a bit of Sci-Fi that has Holmes masquerading as a prostitute in order to catch an other worldly Jack the Ripper.

Thanks for bringing it to mind. I'm going to reread it.

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt

Just re-read your story

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

It's masterfully done. You indeed captured the look and feel of the original series and told the tale in true Sir Arthur Conan Doyle fashion,

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt

both stories

I recognized both stories when I looked them up as things I'd already read. I can recommend them to those who haven't.

I took the liberty of peeking into Holmes' closet ...

... and inventoried it as being 93% male clothes, with the remaining part devoted her (Holmes') Seven Percent Solution.

*ducks into my nearest undisclosed (un-dis-clothed?) secure location*

That's why

She needed a big closet!