reverse wedding

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

have you guys ever hear of a a reverse wedding? If I remember right, it was something that would take place the day before an actual wedding. They would take a married couple, have the girl put on a wedding tux and the guy a wedding dress, and do a usually funny version of the wedding ceremony.

anybody else hear of this idea?

Pictures...

Andrea Lena's picture

...quite a few transwomen have had the opportunity to do it in real life, and their ceremonies have been documented on various sites, including the obligatory transgender bride pages. While many of the transwomen depicted have been no stranger to the altar, so to speak, it's a rare understanding wife who actually poses in tux and tie.

I've also seen photos where both spouses wear wedding gowns, and I know of at least one of my friends who had that lovely experience in real life. Sigh..... Well, if they ever do a bio pic/photo shoot of Marjorie Main in a wedding gown, I'm your gal. (Kids...ask grandma or great grandpa about Marjorie or you can do a google image search, okay?)

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

I've Heard

That the Japanese like that sort of thing, and that they are into other, in public, M2F CDing. Does anyone know if this is (relatively) popular in other Eastern cultures?

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

reverse weddings

The custom was popular in certain areas of North Africa up through the 19th century. It was intended to confuse the evil eye.

Melissa Tawn