9 year old changes gender

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I found online an article from the Sun newspaper in England that a 9 year old child has transitioned from boy to girl. I dont know how reliable a sourse they are, as they also have an article saying they found a picture of the loc ness monster on google earth. But, if its true, i feel kinda conflicted. I am happy for this girl, but part of me worries that this is too early. I would have taken a transition at 9, and it might have been a mistake. I just hope she doesnt end up regretting her decision.

This Story Was Posted A Day Ago

jengrl's picture

This story was posted a day ago and The Sun treated it as another piece of fodder to sell their paper. The child was set up for further ridicule by their classmates even if they don't identify them by name. I know that some people doubt the sincerity of this child to make their mind up at such a young age, but it is a well known fact that gender identity is fixed in the first four years of life. It would be so cruel to force them to be unhappy just to please someone else's idea of what is normal. It is sad that this child and any other have to face ridicule from other children and their parents.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

9 year old changes gender

I read this story in the Daily Mail (UK) newspaper on Saturday.

It seems to be virtually a repeat of what happened to the 12-year-old previously mentioned, in the way it was handled by the school and the reaction of the pupils and their parents.

Regards,

Dave.

I knew way before I was 9 years old...

that I was "different". I didn't know then what they called it, but I knew I was different. Everytime somebody called me a good boy, or a nice young man, I just wanted to hide because I knew that what they were saying didn't make sense to me. Why were they calling me a good boy or a nice young man when I felt so much like the girls in my neighborhood? I think that if this article was just an elaborate 4th estate hoax to sell papers, it is a good one. But if it is a hoax why would they go that far?

I do not think 9 years old is too early to decide how you want to live. Read Chrissie to find out how I handled it when I was 7. So as I say, the article may be a hoax, but the age is not. Also sexuality and sexual identity can be affected in the fetus as early as 7 weeks after conception.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

It's not a hoax

We in the UK are trying to minimise the impact of this gutter journalism on a child who, no doubt, has been certain of her gender identity since she was a small toddler.

Certainly I was aware of mine well before school age but, in the late 1940's, in the middle of the countryside, there was no information, so I lived in miserable fear.

Susie

It was discussed on telly too...

by probably the worst representative of the TG community I have seen on air, she would not let the doctor get a word in edgeways, which was unhelpful. Anyhow, here it is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8fkozsay-E

Take care - Jay
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
That which does not kill me only serves to delay the inevitable. My blog => http://jaym.angelblogs.co.uk/

That which does not kill me only serves to delay the inevitable. My blog => http://jaynemorose.wordpress.com/ <= note new address