This maybe a silly question but.

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

This maybe a silly question, and I may even know the answer, but I'll ask anyways. I have a story I would like to post on here but am unsure of one thing.
In the "Body" section in the adding a story, I can just cut and past what I have written in there?

Pretty much

erin's picture

Cut and paste is pretty much how everyone does it. Note that you should put blank lines between paragraphs because this is HTML and that is the standard way to do it. You can learn other wrinkles as you go. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Be aware...

Puddintane's picture

That most word processors "format" the page to include false extra space between paragraphs. When you cut and paste from the screen, this false extra space disappears.

http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/blog/19347/paragraphs

http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/blog/18372/publishing-with-mic...

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

-

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.

Is this the question to which the answer is....

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Since the question was already answered properly by others, I felt being a little silly was both ;in order; and called-for.

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Thanks Anghie - I've never actually read that

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

But since the book was written, I'm SURE there must have been SOME inflation of values?

Hee hee hee

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Nope. The answer has always and will always be 42.

There was a lot of math that went into that answer too, I'll have you know. What, did you think I was watching cartoons and playing games all those years? - Deep Thought.

Now the question... the question is why we are here. Just what is the question behind life, the universe, and everything?

Abigail Drew.

EDIT: Yes, I'm a H2G2 geek, what self-respecting gnork doesn't follow the Guide in their daily life? The Deep Thought quote was made up by me, just an approximation of what she'd have said if you'd asked her that question.

Abigail Drew.

Inflation

Puddintane's picture

Since the Deep Thought programme which yielded "42" ran for seven and a half million years, this would imply that the answer to the original question, -- ‘The Answer to The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything’ -- was at one time very close to zero.

Cheers,

Puddin'

-

Cheers,

Puddin'

Deep Thought was a computer.

A very very powerful and self-aware computer, who's female, and loves cartoons.

Interestingly, the Earth is also a computer according to H2G2, and our entire purpose is finding the question.

Abigail Drew.

Abigail Drew.