Questions about the stories on the site and on the net

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Well storysite.org and storysitetwo.org and all the other forms of that site has official shut down I heard. I do not know why, but i miss many of the stories. It also seems like Sapphire has not added stories in a long time and as for asstr.org is hard for me to determine whether they are getting new stories, because it is so big and a little disorganized when it comes to finding and discovering new stories. I like this website and fictionmania.tv and then askjolene stories section (which allows me to find literatica stories and asstr stories in the search engine). Why is it that storysite is shut down? Does anyone know? also why does it feel like http://stardustr.us/ is a mirror to this website. I am not entirely familiar about how all this works out but I really would love to know.

Mostly I like stories that are written by authors like Jennifer White, Janet Stickney, Karen Elizabeth L., Kelly Davidson (excluding Andersonville), Paula Dillon, Vickie Tern, Zedd, Rachel Ann Cooper, Heidi-Jo McGillicuddy, Janis Elizabeth, Julie, Karen E. Lea...

Basically does anyone know which authors are still making stories and where might I find more stories? Any similar authors that are like this list above?

Thank you

Still writing

Rather a lot of authors on this site are still writing, and writing good stuff. I can't speak for those you have listed though.I don't know them personally, so you will need to ask them yourself, or search the site.

Only partially down

It looks like the system that has storysite.org is still functioning. However, www2.storysite.org is pointed to the same machine as www.storysitetwo.org, and that's where the stories are located.

Bad Hostname usually means that apache (or whatever web server) is running, but doesn't know what to do with the name it's being asked to present. I'd say there's a server problem, rather than it being 'gone'.

BW

I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

but if do the searching on

but if do the searching on both www2.storysite.org and www.storysitetwo.org they will bring up results but then it would not be able to connect you to the story when clicking the links. it seems like the stories, or some stories, are being taken down. i know this for a fact because i had bookmarked my favorite stories and that they are no longer working.

Stardust

erin's picture

Stardust is a site with a more restrictive editorial policy than TopShelf. It's basically for people who want to post their stories and read stories without worrying about some squicky of the stuff. Currently, it's a little underused and tends to have much of the same stories that can be found on BC. But that's not a bad thing. :) Julie O posts at Stardust first before posting elsewhere, though and so do a few other authors.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

'squicky'?

Erin, please translate for this dim Brit :)

Robi

RE: Squicky

Squicky is something that people are squeamish about or that's just disturbing, like incest or rape in stories. Or, for a surprising number of people I've met, feet.

At risk...

...of provoking another (entirely unnecessary) rant: the definition of squick. So, definition.

-Liz

Successor to the LToC

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

Thanks

I assume it's an US thing ... or a television thing. I inhabit neither universe ;) However, I shall endeavour to use it at the first opportunity.

Robi

ASSTR.ORG

if you go to the author pages the new stories are highlighted bycolor on each aothors page I believe in yellow but it is highlighted just go there and look HUGS RICHIE2

I'm with her

I have never been able to figure that site out to find anything. Maddy hosted her mirror there for quite a while, and I only ever found anything using a link.

More Stories

U must B insatiable.

I wonder if anyone keeps up with the amount of new stories added daily on BC?

If you're looking for CD stories without much magic or sci-fi you could try a few of mine.

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

understanding error message

Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

Could mean the site has rejected your query because you aren't recognised.

They could be using the storysitetwo.org site for their own testing.

Nobody.

Technically

It's a 500 error. That doesn't exactly mean 'invalid hostname'. It means that the query has triggered off an error condition. That could be caused by a bad php/cgi script, or a lot of different things.

If the hostname isn't recognised on my servers, for example, it returns the site that's been set as the 'default' for the IP address - my webmail, generally.

I've only seen a handful of 500 errors, so they aren't very common.

I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Story Site, If you know author's name then...

Story Site Home is still up but many links are down, however if you know the author's name than you can go to the Stories and select the group for the initial of the author's first name, or pseudonym. This will lead to a list of authors and selecting the a page number from the pages at the far right will put you in that author's story listing