Meagan's Tail ch5 ...Royal lessons

Printer-friendly version

Meagan's Tail

A new Universe, a New story!

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan Conner..

Nathan stirred in his seat slightly, then suddenly and violently jolted awake from a waking nightmare and then he thought back on today. He had escaped the lab and his very own family that had placed him there! The church declared he was now one of the 'tainted' from his change or mutation and the family immediately disowned their only son following the strict orders of the church.

He just barely escaped the lab and all the experiments they had run on him, plus even more painful ones surely to come. Once in downtown Omaha, the teen had jumped on the first western heading bullet train running out to LA on its only daily stop in the large town. Choosing it just 'felt' right for some reason to the teen to pick this one train over all the others heading east and in LA he knew for a certain fact, that he would be far harder to find within the huge mega city. Then add its favoritism and protections for anyone, human or mutant or any other all enforced by the laws of the state and city!

The sun was just coming up, just starting to spill light on the teen and the bullet would be pulling into LA Union station within the hour. The warm sunlight was annoying Nathan so he absentmindedly pulled at the hoodie covering his head now and then pulling it even tighter to hide his recent changes, Sometimes he would recheck his sunglasses to make sure they did not slip off and show his new eyes to everyone.

As the high-speed train finally pulled into LA Union station, Nathan yawned as he jolted awake from a light slumber and he checked out the window to see that the train was indeed in the station, last stop in this line and his best hope for hiding from the church, the lab and his own family!

Nathan waited for most of the car to empty out a bit more and nodded to another train full of passengers pulling in, "This is it, perfect time to mix in with the crowd and hide from all the facial recognition cameras surly out there!"

He quickly zipped up the all black hoodie, checked his sunglasses to be sure they covered his newly changed eyes, that almost glowed in a rather striking purple shade. Next he leaned over to grab his last possession and that single item was a patch covered backpack that had been with him for years and hidden inside was the few things he cared for after leaving home. A few favorite books of sci-fi, a knife his grandfather gave him as a very young kid and a few pics that he had not already burned of his past more human life...last was a change of clothes that he would change a few times today to keep from being recognized by the city's thousands of surveillance cameras!

Nathan stepped off the train car and right in amongst the largest crowd he saw passing him and tried hard to look normal while hiding his features. It was good that bunches of other teens in the large crowd off the trains took to the same fashion styles he was wearing and he blended in with them even farther!

He headed into the much larger depot for the trains that crossed the nation, then fed into Union station and its myriad of halls that led into the city's subway system or up a level to the monorails that crossed the city at higher speeds and longer distances than the older subways covered.

Right now Nathan paused to scan over the overhead signs pointing to hallways that lead both up and down and to dozens of destinations beyond, he was at a loss on where to go next? He was almost ready to give it all up right there and then when one sign among the dozens there glowed to him! It glowed with strange runes almost like floating holograms, that his hazy mind could 'just barely' make out and they said, "home, help and heart"

"Well I guess that is the way I am going today and it's better than nothing?" he thought before heading down the hall and to the escalator going down into the lower levels of the subway system.

A few more 'glowing' signs had guided Nathan onto a subway platform and now he waited for the train to roll in and take him farther westward he figured out by the maps on the benches along the platform's center. When he was reading that last map, that is when the glowing symbols showed him his stop at Fairfax and Beverly. 'wherever that was?' he pondered on for a few minutes while he nervously waited for that subway train to arrive.

As he waited for the subway to come, a large group of over a dozen girls with only two guys in the whole pack came down the escalator as a small loud mob. The whole bunch just screamed 'the rich kids!' to Nathan by their clothing, jewelry and the top of the line com-frames they used to chat with friends over the net.

All of them were babbling away in a strange language, one that Nathan had never heard before on TV or the net. Yet strangely he was making out one word out of ten they spoke and it seemed to him as they babbled on, the ratio of what he could make out or understand grew with each sentence they uttered!

One of the more pretty girls of the group was giving him sideways glances, that she tried to hide from his view and her friends giggled at the girl's sudden attention centered on him. He could just make out one babbling 'well ask him out!' it seemed her close friend was giggling away in that strange language.

The girl snapped open her com-frame and tapped the panel as if she was sending a message, Nathan noticed that she seemed disappointed that whatever it did not work as she must have intended and she put the frame away just as the subway he wanted finally came rolling up to the platform.

He stepped into the nearest open door of the train and the group of teens did the same thing on one the cars nearer to them, "Must be waiting for the same subway?" he thought silently as he boarded the car and took the closest open seat.

In the next car the girls peaked through the adjoining car's window and shoved at the seemingly interested girl a few times, she finally sighed out in defeat and tapped the panel to open the door for the passageway between cars and walked on to Nathan's car.

When Nathan boarded he had taken the nearest seat to the door on the nearly empty car and was making sure he had at least two other 'bolt in case' lines of escape available to the other door out and one free door to the other cars on this train. As he settled to wait for his stop, Nathan spotted the girl instantly when the door between cars hissed open and she came into the car smiling towards him.

"Hey I wanted to trade com info with you, but your com-frame is off?" she asked sitting down across from him and placed her backpack on the adjoining seat.

"I don't have one, sorry." he said thinking about the fact he had crushed his the day he escaped the lab to be sure the church could not use it to track him.

"Ohhh then you are new to LA?" she laughed, "Thought so!" She laughed again at him and Nathan noticed her bright blue eyes with rings of gold along the edges and that noted her as a mutant to him maybe? Then add, 'and maybe a friend?' he thought.

"I am new, just trying to figure it all out..." he started.

"Okay, then here is my com info at my mom's work and you can call me there if I can help ya?" she said pulling a small plastic info data card from her backpack.

"I don't know?" he whispered back, taking the small card pocketing it and then she whisked her loose hair behind an ear to hear him better.

That is when Nathan noticed she had pointed ears and he freaked out! 'Is she working for them, trying to get me?' The subway came to a stop and this was his stop as well, "I gotta go!" he yelped and leapt from this seat suddenly through the still opening door.

The girl shook her head as she stood up and exited the car and met with her friends on the platform, "Well?" one asked in english.

"I don't know, he freaked out and left right after I offered to help him!" she answered back.

"Well should we follow him?" one boy asked and kept a sharp eye on Nathan's back that was now fading into the small crowd of the underground station.

"He seems to be going the right way, we'll just stay way behind him and keep an eye out for..." she winked at the group of teens and they nodded back already knowing!

Nathan sprinted up the running escalator two steps at a time and was on the street in seconds. He spun about a bit thinking of where to go when the same runes hovered over the sidewalk leading to the south of the station. "Well this must be the way and it's better than any other that I can see for now!" he thought.

He slowly walked on as he kept to the glowing path and was worrying to himself, "Should I stop and change clothes to hide better? But where, there is nowhere around here and I should have done that on the subway darn it!" he thought and chastised himself.

Nathan weaved through the crowds walking with him and most of them took no notice of the teen trying so hard to blend in and not be seen. Most would not even care because they themselves were enjoying a fine sunny weekend day in LA!

As he walked along at the fastest pace that he thought would not draw attention, Nathan absentmindedly pulled at his hoodie while he passed by one of the huge TV broadcast lots in and around LA and he noted that this is were "The Cost is Correct!" is filmed among other shows now filming and several booths for tickets to the taping of each show lined the sidewalk.

He passed by all the offered glitz of the TV shows and that noise gave way to the famous Farmer's market of LA and all the stalls where the scents of fresh food called to the hungry teen. Nathan had not eaten a single bite in over three days and it was showing "God I want some of those fries or the bread!" he sniffed at the fresh baking dough!

As the crowds for the tourist area of Farmers market grew, Nathan noticed one of the plum or purple shirts of the "Church of the Untainted" the biggest anti-mutant church in the world and the oldest by decades...and the one he was currently fleeing from!

Nathan gave the young man handing out anti-mutant pamphlets a very wide berth, all the time thinking to go knock the man's head right off and with his new body he could smash that grin right off his face or even kick his head clean off like a soccer ball!

He did notice that most of the crowd avoided the church guy and even yelled at him to "Go the fuck away and die!" one older man nearly spat at him, but his wife pulled him back from the act. Nathan saw the older man was a mutant too by his six fingered hands!

Nathan had to dodge more than one of the Church supporters along the way because the market was just that big of a tourist or crowd draw, then add the TV center to the north if it and the huge mall just to the east of the market.

At the next street Nathan crossed and thought he was crossing into one of the largest parks he had even seen, but the looming height of the hundred plus story building at the center of the park said something else and then add the large silver sign he was passing by walking off the city's concrete sidewalks and onto the parks well groomed dirt paths
~"This is Fae embassy property, you are now on Tuath Dé Shidhe soil. Only the laws of the Fae apply here...BE WARNED HUMANS!"~
It was in English and that strange language of runes too that had led him here and he could now easily read both!

Once he passed by the large signage and several warning plaques laid into the earth, Nathan felt a weight lifted off him and it was much like the feeling he had walking up the long driveway of his old family home...safe.

The path before him both in simple dirt and the glowing runes lead to the huge building at the center of the immense park. It looked like a very large shell or even a cave to him "Now that is one strange building, but I like it!" he smiled to it and quickened his pace towards its glassed in front that had rows of doors at the bottom.

~The embassy complex of buildings was set back several hundred feet from any street by wide open parks filled with several large older trees and many well groomed earthen paths weaved throughout the small forest leading towards the front door or several other destinations within the embassy complex at large. One wider path reached out from each corner at a large intersection of streets towards the huge main building raising over one hundred stories into the sky and this was the tallest building on the westside of Los Angeles so it stood out to any person seeing it!

This main building was no human made soulless block of glass and steel, it was an open curved shell that faced to the westside of the city, then on to the pacific ocean beyond. It resembled more a huge band shell than a building! The west facing front was layered in all glass going up all the way to the top and the place that glass protected was a covered park of its own and was most of the building's main lobby area. Tiers of the floors reaching up from the huge lobby, each covered in deep foliage on both sides within the near cave the building shell formed and even more gardens or foliage covered the outside resting along the sweeping back curve of the huge structure to the point from the east it looked much like a huge hill.~

Halfway to his goal is when he glanced behind him and noticed the group of teens from the subway quickly walking up the same path towards him! "Ohh shoot they followed me!" he wanted to shout and yet did not.

Nathan now made a mad dash towards the doors and the safety he hoped they offered beyond! The group of teens saw him run off and were quickly on him, within just yards they were catching up with ease. Why? Mostly because Nathan had not really had the chance to run full bore yet and was still very weak from his new changes, lack of food and that lab-prison stay he had just escaped from!

He made it through the electronic sliding doors just a few yards before the other teens did and stood in the lobby entrance winded but yelling at them, "Stay back!" he tried to yell at them past his ragged gasps for air. They made no moves towards him now and that is when Nathan felt the safety of just standing here inside the building wash over him in a wave. He was home and nothing could touch him here was the warm feeling the lobby gave him.

"We weren't chasing you, we were making sure you did not need any help is all? Us fellow Fae do that you know?" the beautiful girl from the subway told him.

"I am what or we are what?" Nathan questioned with a gasp just before the main doors of the huge lobby locked tight and guards in metal armor appeared from nowhere! That sound alone made the group of teens jump and three of the group spin back towards the doors with brightly glowing hands ready for a fight.

"You are, we all are Fae, Sidhe," A voice barked from behind him and then changed to one that sounded disgusted by the next words it spoke, "or the silly humans call us wrongly elves!" and the teens before him snapped to attention as a group like well trained soldiers at the very sound.

Nathan spun on his heels and fell instantly over onto his rear when his eyes laid on the woman standing just four feet from him and it was a very scary woman at surly six foot tall, all dark purple-black skin, white hair going past her butt and fierce all white eyes glaring down at him. She was dressed in a very classy green business suit that just said "money" and lots of it, but the strange part was the ornate leather belt sitting low across her hips that held up an even more ornate sword's scabbard that her left hand was resting on much like a sheriff might do in the old west movies!

"Who are you!" is all he could mutter to the scary woman or now elf he noted by the pointy ears she had, ones even more so than the kids behind him!

"A friend Nathan and you are safe now!" she smiled to him showing a set of very pointy teeth not unlike a vampire movie might have!

"How do you know my name?" Asking while taking several shaky tries to stand up.

"Gaea knows all her children, where they are, what they need and where to send them if they need help. She is the one who guided you here to us and told me you were coming days ago Nathan." she said with a warm grin.

"Who or what is a Geea?" he had to ask, mispronouncing the name he was sure!

"The Goddess of the earth, the Fae and even you. Even Jesus plus his Catholic church lives under her roof of stars, or that strange church of morons your family follows," she explained on, "Now come over to the desk and let's get started with helping you out...shall we?" she waved invitingly over to the lobby's huge greeting center that was mostly made of large hand laid rough stones.

As Nathan walked over to the large circular desk he finally noticed that four guards in very bright ornate armor stood at the sides of the mass of stonework waiting to be called on he was sure. The teen noted that they had no guns, he knew from reading on the net most 'elves' did not prefer guns for weapons...far too underpowered when compared to the magic they all used on some level!

The woman grabbed at his backpack to lift it off his shoulder, Nathan recoiled back from her grasp, "I only want to place it down for a moment while a healer looks you over? It will always be yours, as it should be." she told him and he relented the pack to her care and she placed it on the smooth stone top.

"Healer please look this boy over quickly and tell me...how is he?" she asked right over Nathan's shoulder and he glanced back to see a lightly green skinned woman of immense beauty already standing there only dressed in the thinnest gossamer dress, she must have appeared from nowhere or snuck up on him?

From behind she wrapped both hands around the sides of Nathan's head and he did not even flinch at the sudden movement to touch because she gave off this aura of serenity that enveloped him. "Humm My Jabbress, this young one is more than a little malnourished, very exhausted from his journey and needs much rest." she said back in a sing-song whisper.

"Well then healer take him with you and heal as best you can, let him rest for now." the dark tall woman ordered and the green skinned woman she called 'healer' pulled at his shoulder to move with her deeper into the building's lobby and small forest it covered.

"Ohh and since it seems Ellisara, you talked to this boy first as if you knew him. Then you shall be his guide and protector for now. Go with him and help." she added.

"ME?" she squeaked out, "Me, Jabbress?" the stunning girl of the group asked twice in shock.

"Yes you," the tall dark skinned women said back, then sternly instructed, "I don't ask twice young one!"

"But...But I am not a warrior at all, I am untrained," she tired to explain back with a slight stutter of shock at even being asked to do such a task

"Hummm?" the woman almost scolded her, "Did I just not call you his 'protector?"

"Yesssss Jabbress you did?" she said back with a head bowed in shame.

"And at your age you know certainly that as a Protector you can call upon the service of any warrior to fulfill your duty and that even includes me?" the woman asked in a knowing voice, one that a teacher would use.

"Yes My Jabbress and I call upon Cassiral!" she boasted and looked back towards one of her own friends of the group.

"ME?" he squeaked while pointing at himself.

Ellisara nodded happily to the boy she called out, "Yep you are it!"

"She called upon you. SO get to work!" The woman ordered the teen boy and he almost leapt to be by Ellisara's side and Nathan's.

The three of them started to walk away with the healer leading and Cassiral being last when the woman stopped the group, " Cassiral you are going to need a blade and here is mine...I want it back!" she said unbuckling the belt and handing it all to the teen.

"Thank you Jabbress!" he smiled back while looping the belt over his left shoulder and head to hang down by his left hand at the ready.

"Ohh Nathan you almost forgot your pack?" she smiled back, now sliding it across the desk to the teen, "And rest up, because soon the police or the feds will be here asking for you."

"I am sure I lost them all days ago ma'am?" he boldly said back.

"They are on the way Nathan, you made one mistake." she warned him.

"What, I changed clothes, kept hidden and only used cash!" he explained back.

She lifted the pack from the desk a little before Nathan could reach for it, "I'd bet, that this is the only black backpack in the world with these patches on it and that alone made you sick out.

Nathan gasped from the realization he had messed up, as he picked up his pack, she was right! This pack of Nathan's stood out among all others with his collection of military patches sewn in all over it, some were originals dating back to world war two and a few even beyond that.

The woman waved at the small group, "Now go Nathan and rest up, because we might need you rested and sharp later on today," the teen nodded as he was led away.

With Nathan now gone from the room the woman turned back to the rest, "Now lock us down, double up the guard and have the teams called onto standby." she said to the few guards in the room and then turned around and leaned down to one of the personal running the greeting desk, "I want all the human's in the building with double guard to keep an eye on them and send out two of our messengers to call these two guests here for 'lessons' on how we Fae interact with human's and their Feds!" she almost laughs while quickly jotting down two names and addresses on a piece of paper.

~o~O~o~

A short time later.

A messenger ended his port at the entrance to a large mansion in the hills overlooking the pacific ocean, he rang the door chime and waited. The intercom sang out to him in a boy's voice, "Who is there and how did you get past the gate!"

"I am here to collect the Queen's lady Meagan Ler, she needs to come now so she can meet with Jabbress Leigh for important training," the elf said to the speaker and looked at the camera.

David looked at the man on the video panel, he was average height and well dressed in a suit with a gorget hung around his neck and the gorget or metal plate held with a chain had the Sidhe royal crest and embassy logo on its face in gold!

The teen boy laughed at the sight, "Sis it's for you!" he shouted towards the pool outside.

"Thanks David, but I am...you know changed and can't get there right now. Ask what they want?" the girl's sing-song, almost entrancing voice asked.

"He says you have to go with him for lessons with Jabbress Leigh!" he laughed that she would have to change back from mermaid fin and sunning herself on the deck back to feet!

"Right now?" she asked.

"He said now and you must know he has the Sidhe royal crest on and the one of the embassy...I'd jump if I was you? You know royal stuff and all chop...chop!" he sassed and grinned evilly at his sister's plight!

"FUUUUUCK!" she shouted back, "let him in and tell him I am changing!"

David walked to the front door from the kitchen and opened it up to greet the waiting Fae, "She will be right with you," David snikered, "she is a little fin-ny right now and is changing to feet-ies!" he finally laughed to the elf.

"I understand sir, so wait here or?" he asked pleasantly.

David was a bit taken back by the 'sir', but pointed over to the couch, "You can wait here and have a seat if you want?"

The elf just eyeballed the teen like he had lost his mind, 'like he was going to sit down in that nice suit or on duty?'

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

Shadowsblade here.

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

Copyright © 2020 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
226 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'm Impressed.

Thank you for using your imagination and choosing a different School. :) I'm looking forward to your next episode.

Gwen

world building

shadowsblade's picture

We are world building and trying to fill in what would happen in a world with mutants, supers, Fae and humans mixing for decades if not hundreds of years.

But to all please read on enjoy and comment on what you see like or dislike. Every comment counts and we do use them!

ohh and Toss Nuuan and Branek some love and encouragement

comments and kudos keep the muse happy and flapping wildly!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

So good

to see this storie .. And hopefully more of your writing again! : )

alissa

Shadowblade is back!

and brought more Megan too !

(does a happy dance)

DogSig.png

yep they are back!

shadowsblade's picture

yep they are back!

well heck they never left and now are a bit older? but who knows what strangeness they will get into?

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

It had to happen sooner or later

Jamie Lee's picture

H1 buggers the East coast, so there had to be the equivalent nut jobs on the West coast. From the reception they get from passersby, they are as loved as a skunk letting loose in an occupied outhouse. And from Nathan's narrative, treat the "tainted" as bad as H1 do.

Nathan was being guided from the time he escaped until he reached the Fae building. Had he not been as paranoid as he was, he might have let those teens help him reach his guided destination. Those JAs have really done a number on him. Hopefully now he can get the help he needs.

Speaking of number, any Feds that show up looking for Nathan are going to learn a much needed lesson. They will come to that building with sticks up their butts, thinking they're from God up high. Trying to throw they weight around, thinking they'll do what they want and get who they're after.

They have never gone up against Ro or Re, or other ticked off Fae, so the lesson may hurt them a whole lot.

Why was Megan sent for? What lesson does she need to learn? Maybe how the Fae deal with hothead JAs?

Others have feelings too.

glad to see ya reading this

shadowsblade's picture

glad to see ya reading this one and catching up

in this one all the plots are starting to come together and you see how life in La is different,
(but one note... H1 does not exist in our Hekawi universe or any of the Whateley doings. think of it as a clean cut off and a few characters you already know transplanted with a 'grey' history that you just happen to know?)

Meagan was sent for? Well she is a queens handmaiden in training and has to learn the dealing of politics and this is a one she has to learn

have fun reading
ask any questions you want!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective