Pen Pals : 6

Printer-friendly version

Pen Pals
by Lady Eleanor
of the Pen Pal Continuum

My name is Danny Grant. I'm 26 years old and I live in Worthing, West Sussex, on the south-east coast of England.

Really, it's not the south east coast, but that's just me being pedantic. For those of you who are not aware, it's referred to as God's waiting room because of all the old-people's homes there are. One person even suggested it's a cemetery with lights on.

Anywho, it's about 56 miles from London as the crow flies.

Why do they say that? Have you even seen a crow fly? It's all over the place…

Yeah, right…

So anyway, that's where I live.

I have a small flat there. They call it a studio flat, which just means that if you sit on the bed, except for the shower/toilet, you can practically reach everything in the who flat - handy in some cases, not in others.

There's a wicked view of the sea from the window, which is why I put up with it being a bit on the small side. I'm right opposite the beach, so it's pretty cool.

I'm doing this course because it means I can work from home.

I do most things from home, I like it that way.

Mum reckons I'm like that girl on that film — The Net, only I'm not a girl. She says I should get out more, but I say stick with what you're comfortable with.

Anyway, I do go out, I'm just not in the pub every night like she and all her piss-head friends are, but you didn't want to know that did you? You want to know stuff like whether I have a cat named Fluffy or my favourite colour is purple or something.

Sorry to disappoint.

Danny

up
46 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

ICR: from George

laika's picture

Hello, I'm George Haskell. I'm in your class. I've been watching what you've all been writing here for this assignment. I guess I have something to turn in for mine. As you'll soon find out (or if you read Mrs. Gates' roster) you will know I am quite abit older than all the rest of you. I knew this would be the case going back to college at my age but reading your introductions really brings it home. I have daughters in their thirties and I don't even know who Justin Silverlake is.
So bear with me. This could be interesting for all of us.
George

ICR: from Danny


Pleased to meet you, George.

Looks like we're the only males here and that on its own is quit a daunting prospect.

I wish you all the best for the course.

Danny

Worthing Rocks

joannebarbarella's picture

It's not true that it's Alzheimer's waiting room. They had the World Lawn Bowls Championships there a few years ago and the final was so exciting that 200 of the crowd of 800 died of heart attacks during the last five ends. By the way Lady Eleanor, is this your debut? I almost missed it,
Well Done,
Joanne