Bringing out the beast

Printer-friendly version

Long time since I last wrote a bit. But this one was sitting finished on my hard drive and felt finished. It’s a bit of a drabble in
MELANIE EZELL'S BIG CLOSET ULTIMATE WRITER'S CHALLENGE, the fourty fourth week challenge:

44. Drabble Rabble

idea: Write a collection of related drabbles.

length: No more than 5 drabbles, each at 100 words.

limitations: Any TG theme can be used, though humor would tend to fit the drabble format best since you can think in terms of "setup, setup, punchline," much like a comic strip.

A misspelling in a draft for my second week challenge entry was what inspired the following…

Sorry about the last one, but there’s only so much I can do with creative misspellings of the name Radcliffe, and stay in theme at the same time.


Proper nominations

― I understand you are here to change your legal gender, is this correct?

― Yes your honor. I have all the papers with appropriate signatures with me as well.

― Everything in order, I see. You desire a change in name as well?

― Your honor, mother is strongly dyslexic. She intended to name me “Michael Brian Radcliffe Rayson” but on the forms she entered “Mice Brain Ratclit Raisin”. You understand why I want to have that changed, surely?

― And what do you desire your new name to be?

― “Mouse Brain Ratclit Raisin”, your honor. Plural is just wrong for a first name!


Playing with your prey

I tried to shoot the ball, but everywhere I went, she was there blocking me with her hands and arms. Passing the ball backwards, I tried to start our offense anew, but yet again, she was there with her big paws blocking me, forcing me to run in this direction and then that, pinning me in like a rat with its tail caught, running in desperation first in this direction, then that one.

After the game, I just felt I had to introduce myself.

― Well played! Name is Mouse. You?

She took my hand and hugged me in one gracile movement.

― Katharine, but for you, let’s just say the Mouse got caught by the Cat!


Animal behaviour

Douglas was watching the women around the pool, the perfect behind of a mousy haired, short and lithe one just getting out of the water catching his eye. As she went to fetch a towel beside a taller ginger girl who kept moving her lounger to catch the glimpse of sun peering forth between two tall buildings, he knew he had to talk to her.

― Hello, fair lady! I’m Doug. Is your friend already taken, or do you think you could introduce me to her? he asked while the smaller girl was away fetching something to drink.

― I’m Katharine. Sure, I’ll introduce you.

― Girlfriend, the Dog here was just telling the Cat he’s chasing the Mouse’s tail!


In the bath

― Honey, if you don’t come out of there soon, you’ll end up as wrinkly as the tiny newborn Mice are!

― Too late, I’m already wrinkly as a Raisin!

― Do you know what makes humans smarter than the other animals?

― No, tell me!

― It’s because their brains are so wrinkly!

― I must be very smart then. I'm a wrinkly Brain, with a wrinkly brain!


Nesting in

― Uh, oh, ahhh, that’s soo–ooo–ouuUUU– GOOD! Doug!

― You might be my little Mouse, but I swear, at the entrance of that sweet little pussy of yours…

― Oh YES!

― …right beneath my tongue, my Mouse has a Rat clit!


As a bonus, a link to some beautiful pictures of harvest mice in their natural habitat.

Comments of any form welcome. Particularly, don't hold back on language and editing issues. I want to be told about it!

up
58 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Bringing out the beast

Very cute

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

very funny

A well written story. Thanks.