Cotton Trail Part 1

Printer-friendly version

“It isn’t fair.” was the last thing I said, running out the back door. How come I always have to do it. I could understand if I was a girl. I was mad. I just wanted to get away from my prying parents eyes. I was going to stew about this for a while and then I would come back and do what they told me to do. Just like I do every time.

Cotton Trail

Part 1

By Msmith111


 
“It isn’t fair.” was the last thing I said, running out the back door. How come I always have to do it. I could understand if I was a girl. I was mad. I just wanted to get away from my prying parents eyes. I was going to stew about this for a while and then I would come back and do what they told me to do. Just like I do every time.

After I had enough time to walk off some of the anger. I noticed that I had made it downtown. Not that, we lived in a big town. It had a more of a rural feeling. We didn’t have the big skyscrapers. Our tallest building was four stories. I could see everyone rushing around, having to get to meetings and things, I guessed.

I heard this buzzing noise. I couldn’t figure what it was, and it was annoying. I looked around and tried to follow the noise. It took me a little while to find it. The surrounding noise would wash it out, so I would have to wait for it to get quite again. I spotted what was going off. In the deep grass, was a phone. I think. I looked around to see if anyone was looking. I picked it up and dusted it off. It was still buzzing. I looked around to see if anyone was coming to pick it up.

The trail was beautiful. You couldn’t see to far ahead due to it winding back and forth in the thick green brush. I could see why they called it the Cotton trail. I could see all of the bunnies scattering around as I shuffled down the path.

The little machine went off again. “Do you want to play a game?” I typed in “Yes”, and waited for answer. It did not take long for the little device to go off again. “Good, Do you want to be a Tomboy or a girly-girl” That question stopped me in my tracks. I returned the statement. “I am a boy”, and waited again. The same question came back, and buzzed at me again. I was annoyed now. Again, the same question and the buzzing. I just hit some buttons until it stopped buzzing at me. It stopped and I was happy as I continued down the path.

Buzzzzzzzzzzz. “I thought that you would pick that one. You want to start the game now?” I didn’t know what I had picked, but I did want to play. I wondered what the game was and what do I get if I win. I typed in, as fast has my little fingers could hunt and peck. “Yes, I want to play. What game are we playing? I waited to the answer.

Bzzzzzzzz. “Scavenger Hunt, Your first clue is in locker 21 and remember no stopping until you have all of the clues.” I didn’t think anything of it, and just typed in my next question. “Where are you? This wont take long will it?”

Bzzzzzzz. “I cant tell you who I am. How fast can you find all of the clues?” Well I wasn’t to happy about all of this. I thought I was going to have a new friend. I was thinking about turning around when it buzzed again. “Remember, what the rules says, you cant stop until you find all of the clues.” I typed back to who ever was on the other end. “What rules? I cant play all day”

Bzzzzzz. “You should of read the rules before you agreed to play.” I was upset and decided that I would just turn around and go home. I turned a round and seen two of the biggest dogs I have ever seen. I think they had heads as big as my waist. I almost looked eye to eye with them.

Bzzzzzzz “The dogs wont hurt you, they are there to make sure you don’t cheat, They will also make sure that no one else who is playing, will ever hurt you. Read the rules.”

“What rules are you talking about?” still hunt and pecking.

Bzzzzzzzzz “On your PDA, make sure you follow all of the instruction to. The dogs will make sure you follow them too.”

I looked down the path at the two dogs, blocking my escape. They sat there, panting. I took a step toward them, and one of them stood up. That was enough to convince me to go to the lockers.

I walked slowly down the path, playing on the PDA I had found, trying to figure out, how it worked. I wasn’t stupid, I just had to figure out what all the buttons meant. I could see this was going to take me a little while to figure out.

I found the lockers and hurried over to the locker to see what was in it. I looked around to see if anyone was watching me. It looked like a normal, locker room. Tall grey locker on both sides and a wooden bench down the middle. There was door at both ends. Nope, just me and the big dogs, behind me. It shook me up, I think I can ride them, if I had to.

What a disappointment when I looked in the locker, just a letter. It had instruction on it.

I looked at the envelope.

Welcome to the game. Remove all of you belongings and place it back in this locker. Here is your first clue.

1. The beginning is always surrounded by roses. This is where the fairies and the pixies dance.

Since this is your first clue. I will help you out. Remember to remove everything.

Well I thought this was really getting to be silly now. I’m not walking around here naked. Looking for clues. Then again, I thought of those big dogs to. I started thinking. Maybe, I can sneak around them. I will just go out the back way and sneak around them. I looked out the front door and seen only one dog this time. I had that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I walked to the back door and peaked out the door. There sat the other big dog. I looked in the dogs eyes and heard it give out a loud whine, as to ask what was taking me so long.

I took out the PDA and started typing in the typing “I don’t want to play any more.”

Bzzzzzzz “You cant quit now. The game for you has just started.”

“I’m not going to walk around naked” typing fast.

Bzzzzzzz “That’s how this game starts, read the rules.”

I was mad ‘cause I couldn’t figure out where they put the dam rules on this thing. I sat on the bench and stewed over my predicament that I have gotten into. I wish my sister was here, she is smart. I slowly resigned myself to what was to come of me. I began undressing and folding my clothes so that they would fit into the little locker. I was not going to walk around here naked and if they don’t like it, what are they going to do about it.

With my boxers on and the letter in hand, along with the PDA. I poked my head out the front door to see to my surprise that the dogs were not there any more. Hah, just what I thought. I stepped out the door and took the walkway back to the little path that I had came on. I tipped toed a little, not knowing if there were stickers around. The grass was cool to the toes and reminded me of all the fun I had last summer. I poked my head out the little path and looked to see if the dogs had gone. I was disappointed when I looked. One dog. That was when I felt a cold nose and my boxers being tugged up. What a wedgie. That dog picked me up by my boxers. I knew I was small. I felt silly dangling from my shorts, as the dog trotted back to the locker room.

“I’m not taking my shorts off” talking to the dog. Looking at the dog eye to eye. All I could see is two big black eyes. I was surprised that the dog didn’t even leave a scratch. Even though my pride was hurt. “Fine, I will take them off.” The big dog turned around and went back to the other dog.

I hope nobody sees me walking around. I looked down at myself, I needed a tan. I had soft milky white skin. Just like my sister has. Even though she was younger than I was. Just a couple of years. Everyone thought she was my older sister. She just told me that girls mature sooner than boys. Oh good, I’m small for a boy and now the girls are out growing me to.

That also reminded me of why I was mad at my parents. I don’t know why they keep making do that stuff. I began to stew over that situation again as I hid my little friend and snuck out onto the little path.


 
To Be Continued...

up
74 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cotton Tail - first comment

RAMI

Nice start. It seems that you know where you will take this. Ihope the next chapters let us know where it is headed.

It states that you are a new author, if so welcome. If this is the first comment, I hope you get many more.

Rami

RAMI

A very good start.

I wish when I was younger I could have found a phone like this, but they weren't invented yet. LOL. I am waiitng patiently for the next chapter.

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"With confidence and forebearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Cottontail

This story looks very interesting, i look forward to reading more

ELIZA


ELIZA

TG quest derivative work of Jumanji.

The fine story. The beginning at all events.
The author it is free or involuntarily has borrowed idea from a movie Jumanji . There too having begun game it is impossible neither to stop it, nor to make a step back.No matter by what has turned the following step, it, regardless consequences, jolly well is necessary to make.

Actually Jumanji

Never forced you to play. You were just stuck in there until you solved the puzzle the game gave you.

Anyway It seems like a nice start I just hope the hero stature wouldn't effect how people react to him ( I don't like it when children characters get treated as younger then they are as I gather it will hurt them to no end)