The Elliptical Path - Part 8 of 9

Printer-friendly version
Oval Main.jpg

Lucy Goes Visiting

So I put my bra, enhancers, jewelry and Mom's sweater in my backpack, along with the flats Caitlyn gave me. I decided to walk to her house, partly to give me practice walking like a girl does. The Internet is full of good advice. The other part was hoping that if Caitlyn came back to our house we could walk holding hands.

I got a hug when I arrived, and Caitlyn's mother gave me a cheery hello. I stammered something back to her, realizing that she was going to see me as Lucy. Strangers were one thing, but your girlfriend's mother!

"Mom," Caitlyn began, "remember what we were talking about this morning?"

"I'm not so old that I'm loosing my memory yet, kid," she replied.

"No, I mean about the anti-trans crap."

"That I do remember. Someone needs to go up there and knock some sense into those intolerant idiots."

"I couldn't agree more! Give us a minute and I want you to meet someone who really agrees with those sentiments."

"Really?"

"Yup. C'mon Lucas."

I was led out of the kitchen and towards my doom.

OK, so that was overblown prose, but I wasn't very sure of myself as Lucy back then. Caitlyn shoved me into the bathroom to change, and then took me to her bedroom to complete the transformation.

She brushed my hair back into pigtails, rubbed something sweet-smelling on my face that she said would do wonders for my skin and pronounced me ready to meet her mother as Lucy.

I wasn't quite sure I believed her.

 

"Mom, I want you to meet my friend Lucy. She has a personal interest in the anti-trans bills they're trying to ram through."

"Who?" She turned around and saw me. "Well I'll be damned!"

"I hope not," I replied.

"I suppose this was your idea, Caitlyn," her mother remarked.

"No, it's me that wanted to do this," I replied for her. "Caitlyn has been very understanding."

"I'll bet. So understanding she's pushing again. I know my daughter."

"Mother!"

"No, she's offered to help me, but she isn't really pushing."

I think…

"OK you two. Let's sit down while you tell me all about it."

So we did and I think I gave a much clearer story having organized my mind to tell Caitlyn yesterday.

And you want to go all the way to the Capitol to protest the anti-trans bills, right?"

"Yes!" We both answered together.

"And how do you intend to get there? The Capitol is a good four hours away."

"I was going to ask Zane to take us." Caitlyn answered.

"You are out of your little, tiny mind if you think I would let you and your brother run around that far away from home without any adult supervision."

"Zane's an adult!"

"Zane has reached the age of consent. Zane is not an adult quite yet. You two are far too good at creating situations for me to approve something like this. Then you add in going with your boyfriend or girlfriend or whatever…"

"Don't you trust me?"

Damn! That girl could do wide-eyed innocent like no one I have ever seen.

"In a word: No. N. O. No."

"But it's important!"

"That it is. That's why I think I'll be the one to take you. It might just keep you out of jail."

"Mother!"

"We're going to have to clear this with your mother, Luca… Lucy."

"Of course."

"We can talk to her after work tonight," offered Caitlyn. "Why don't you invite her for dinner? That way we can figure out what will work."

"I'll send her a text right away," I told her Mom.

"Do you young people ever talk to anybody any more? Always with the texts."

"They don't like her getting phone calls when she's working unless it's urgent."

"I suppose that makes sense. So what are you two going to do today?"

"We're going shopping. Zane will take us after lunch."

"Do I need to have bail money ready?"

"Mother!"

"So if Zane is going to have lunch when he gets home, you two girls can help me get it ready."

"OK, Mom."

She didn't sound particularly enthusiastic, but we did make lunch. I grew nostalgic for the days before everyone had a camera on their phone 24/7, even if I never lived in those days. Was it really necessary for Caitlyn to take this picture?

Oval 3.jpg

Actually, a couple of others she took came out very nicely, even if my bra strap is showing on one of them. That's Zane of the unconditioned hair in the first one. I have to think Caitlyn was exaggerating a bit about how he cares for it.

Oval 4.jpg
Oval 5.jpg

I still get a kick out of looking at the second one, once again I was caught with my bra strap showing. Actually wearing a bra was still new enough that it gave me a thrill.

As you can tell from the pictures, we put together a rather fancy lunch. Caitlyn figured as long as she was bribing her brother for taking us shopping we ought to give him a perk or two. Just in case you were wondering, the fancy wine glass is full of cranberry juice. You didn't think Caitlyn's mother would let us get away with wine, did you?

I'm not going to go into detail about our shopping trip, but Zane made his annoyance known and Caitlyn made dark hints about who she would tell and what would happen if he finked out on us. I have to say, that girl can keep a secret, which boded well for her keeping my secret. No matter how I asked she wouldn't reveal what she had on her brother. She just smiled and looked smug.

One other thing needs mentioning. While Zane slouched around trying to project his best put-upon-big-brother attitude, he did watch us pretty closely. Early on in the selection process I was trying to decide between two dresses. Holding one in front of me I noticed Zane give a little shake of his head. When I held the other one up he gave me a very subtle thumbs up. Caitlyn was looking through another rack and didn't notice, but I was pleased. The big faker was enjoying this and was even a fashion critic.

I guess I missed a lot growing up an only child.

The score at the end of the afternoon: four dresses, three skirts, five blouses and two pairs of shoes with heels higher than I thought was reasonable. We hit a half-price sale day so the total cost $49.76. Caitlyn was right about the prices.

When we got back Caitlyn made me change and took a picture after much fussing and stage directions. Actually it came out very well.

Oval 6.jpg

Permission and Planning

By the time Caitlyn got done with posing me I was almost comfortable about being Lucy with other people around. I mean like other people who aren't strangers. Naturally, since the two of us were the cause for the upcoming dinner we had to help prepare it.

This time I got to chop green beans while Caitlyn peeled onions - a quite equitable division of labor from my point-of-view. Once Caitlyn was done I learned how to caramelize onions - which just means frying them carefully until they turn dark brown. That takes some care so they don't burn.

The pork chops got sprinkled with ground fennel. I had never heard of it but Mrs B was a lot more adventuresome in the kitchen than Mom. We chopped potatoes in cubes and coated them with olive oil, turmeric and several other spices so they turned yellow, put them on a baking sheet and baked them. Pretty fancy dinner, but Mrs B wanted to make something special since she had guests.

When Mom arrived Mrs B pan-fried the pork chops and finished the steamed green beans with soy sauce, butter and sesame seeds. She even had black sesame seeds to mix with the white ones. I decided I wanted her to teach me how to cook some of those interesting things. The two lovely waitresses served dinner while ignoring Zane's commentary. We all enjoyed it very much.

After dinner the waitresses became the dishwashers while the parents talked, but at least Zane was included in the kitchen so it wasn't sex-based segregation. Having the adults discussing us started my nerves working again. What were they saying and how would it affect us?

I had really enjoyed my time as Lucy, but did I want to drive for hours and get into politics because if it? Maybe; it might be interesting. Of course, there was the plus that I would be spending that time with Caitlyn.

Do you have any doubt as to my decision?

 

The only thing that kept me from chewing my nails was the paint on them, I didn't want to mess them up. So we just sat at the kitchen table and tried to make small talk. Well, actually it was mostly Zane tossing zingers at us for causing such a kerfuffle.

At last the conference was over and we filed in. Caitlyn couldn't hold back.

"So can Zane take us to the capitol?" she asked.

"No, came the answer."

Caitlyn took a breath to protest, but I saw the look on Mom's face and knew something was up. Before she could speak I said "No but?"

"We can all go. Consider it an educational field trip," grinned Mr Brumby.

"Yes!" crowed Caitlyn.

"Do I have to go?" whined Zane.

"All of us women," corrected Mrs Brumby.

For a second I was incensed to be left behind but then realized 'all of us women' included me.

"Now the plan is to take the RV on Thursday and stay in an RV park near the Capitol so we can be there early Friday morning. It sleeps six so we should have plenty of room. We have bunk beds so Lucy and Caitlyn won't have to share a bed."

Mom stuck her tongue out at me. Such a model of adult behavior!

At that point in my life I had no burning desire to share a bed with Caitlyn, we were still getting to know each other. I suppose Ryan Mondalmi would sneer at me for being a goodie-two-shoes, but I didn't give a damn about Ryan.

So that's how I got to go on my first road trip as Lucy.

This Is Camping?

Remember a while back I said that Caitlyn's family likes to go camping. That's certainly true, but I had no idea just what they meant by camping. I was thinking summer camp - tents, campfires, stuff like that. Camping, right?

Wrong!

To the Brumbys, camping meant a honking great trailer with a separate bedroom for the adults, bunk beds for the kids and a fold-out couch for guests. It had a complete kitchen, running hot and cold water, refrigerator, stove, microwave and even a bathroom. Oh yeah, don't forget the TV and stereo system. When they went camping they took their house with them.

So that's why I ended up in the back seat of a pickup truck with Caitlyn (Mom got to ride shotgun) for more than four hours. Mom and I packed more than the two days since one of my first lessons in being a girl was that you need a lot more clothes than you expect to use.

Mom got the time off because she had a great boss. Of course she spent a lot of time on her phone while we drove, talking about things that were so much gobbledegook to me. That was OK since I had Caitlyn to talk to when we weren't playing games on our phones.

We pulled into this big RV park, where Caitlyn and her Mom set up the RV. This involved finding a level spot, which we couldn't. Caitlyn got out a big piece of wood from the pickup and her Mom backed the trailer onto it. That made the thing level side-to-side. Once the RV was unhitched from the pickup, they pressed a button and the thing moved in the front until it was level back-to-front. They even had a little bubble levels stuck on the sides of the RV so they knew where to stop.

Everything was done early enough that we got to go and wander around a botanical garden. That was kind of cool, especially since I was wearing a dress. It was fun to watch the little kids try and touch the big goldfish in the pond. Don't tell anyone, but I tried to do it myself. They were faster than my hands.

Mrs B did all the cooking that night, since the kitchen was too small for anyone else to be in there with her. Caitlyn and I still got stuck washing the dishes by hand, though. The trailer wasn't big enough for a dishwasher.

Getting ready for bed was complicated. Each of us got to go in the bedroom, take a shower and change into our nightclothes. This took some time as the hot water tank was small and we had to wait between showers to let it heat up again.

We may have looked like we were all girls but the parents knew better. I was nervous about having everybody see me in a nightgown, but it was OK. (I did put on a pair of panties for the night, something I hadn't done before.)

Actually, seeing Caitlyn in her nightgown was very interesting. (She wore panties, too. The parent's nightgowns were heavy enough that I couldn't tell.) I tried not to stare at her breasts, which wobbled freely without being in a bra. I knew they were big, but… This brought on some strange, new and interesting feelings in my body. I tried hard to think of myself as a girl and not do or say something dumb.

Following right on the heels of that thought I started to wonder what it would be like to actually have breasts. I certainly liked wearing a bra for some reason, but what would it be like to actually need to wear a bra?

Then there was seeing Caitlyn's mother in her nightgown. My first pajama party as a girl sure was interesting.

 

I was laying in the top bunk, trying not to think too much about Caitlyn in the bunk below me. I wasn't getting too far when I heard Mom start to snore on the living room couch.

"Lucy, are you still awake?"

"Yeah. Been an exciting day."

"So, do you like looking like a girl?"

"It's different, but still the same?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I mean I really like the clothes and the way people treated me, but I'm still the same person under it all."

"Would you still think that if Ryan started waving your bra around?"

"As if I would be wearing it anywhere around him!"

"I wasn't wearing mine when he started waving it around."

"And aren't you glad of that. No way that jerk is going to get anywhere near my underwear drawer and I'm certainly not going to be taking my bra with me to the sports center."

"I guess I mean what if someone treated you like an idiot just because you're a girl?"

"Yeah. I guess it would sort of be like when they ride me about being a small guy. I don't like it very much, but it seems the people who give me grief are people I don't care very much about."

"True, but I can't tell you how many times some guy has taken a look at me and decided I'm stupid just because I have big breasts. Really!"

"That's stupid as far as I'm concerned. I've been thinking a lot about breasts lately."

"I can't imagine why. Just because you've started wearing a bra and seem to like it."

"I don't know why, but it feels good."

"You don't intend to get into any size competition with me, do you?"

"Uh…."

"Sorry, I couldn't resist. There are some girls who think that filling their cups is a contest."

"Not one I'd expect you to lose."

"Smartass. You must be half girl, no way I thought I'd ever be talking about my boobies with a boy."

"Do girls use words like boobs and tits and honkers?"

"We sure do. Also prick and sausage and dick and…"

"Now wait a minute. If you don't like guys judging you by cup size then is it fair to speculate about how we're endowed?"

"It may not be fair, but it is fun. Too bad you guys aren't as obvious about your endowment as we girls have to be."

"It can get embarrassing if we display such things."

"I bet. I've seen it happen more than once. Have you ever…"

"Not really. It's only recently I've gotten interested in such things."

"Seriously?"

"Well, you're my first girlfriend."

"That's kind of nice. You're my first boyfriend, but I have always had a crush on you."

"What!"

"Careful! Don't wake your mother - or my mother."

"Right. You had a crush? On me?"

"Well, for one you're awful cute, whether you're trying to be a boy or a girl. You're smart but you don't act like you're better than everyone because of it. I know you've helped a couple of kids that were having trouble with math."

"I do like math. You noticed I was helping, did you? I tried to keep it low key so I didn't embarrass anyone."

"I noticed that part, too. Then there was how much effort you put into finding me to return my gym bag. Lisa gave you a hard time when all you were doing was trying to help."

"She sure did. I'm glad you came over."

"So am I, otherwise I wouldn't have a boyfriend."

"Or a girlfriend?"

"Or a girlfriend. You know, there were times this evening that I completely forgot you weren't a girl. You just seem to fit in."

"After spending the day as a girl with my mother, I decided that if I was going to be a girl I had better be good at being a girl. I try to watch how my Mom or any of the good girls at school behave and do like them. That includes you, girlfriend, but it doesn't seem strange to discuss things like breasts and penises with you. I wonder what it would be like to have real breasts, not just enhancers."

"Too bad I can't share mine with you, I have more than enough."

"Good thing Mom's asleep or she could get the wrong idea about that."

"Maybe someday, but we need to be together a bit longer before…"

"Right. I'm an understanding girlfriend and a patient boyfriend."

"You told me you've been interested in bras for a long time, and I don't think it was for the usual reasons a horny teenage boy is interested in bras."

"You're going to think this is silly, but that's because I like ovals. And ellipses."

"No way!"

You've heard the story before, so I won't repeat it. We finally had to stop talking and try to sleep since we were going to be up early in the morning.

It took a little while.

up
89 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

As usual it does not disappoint

The story is progressing so nicely.

With only one part left I can't help but think this story is going to end much to abruptly but I truly hope not.

“I do like math.”

Emma Anne Tate's picture

And who would have guessed where an innocent interest in ovals and ellipses would lead? :)

Nice photos, and good dialogue as always. Seemed a bit more thoughtful in this chapter; I liked it. Almost a shame that the bubble of decency and understanding that has surrounded Lucas since Lucy began to emerge is about to get a big puncture. But at least he/she/they won’t be alone when it happens.

I hope.

Emma

Pictures

As I searched for pictures that would look like the character in my head, I found this series. I immediay rearranged the plot to accommodate them. One of the few times I have found such a close match.

Parabolas Or Hyperbolas?

joannebarbarella's picture

Great repartee, Ricky, showing off your talent! You've got me hooked, wondering what's going to happen tomorrow (er, next episode).

I do love those pics. In Oz, Lucy would be called Blue (not Bluey, she's a heeler), or maybe Ginge.