Elrond's Site

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

A sad day.

ElrondW, the creator of the "Bikini Beach" series who maintained the site of all her stories, and encouraged others to work in the same universe, has just announced on the TG_Fiction email list that the site is now terminated due to financial issues in maintaining the site.

From the email:

"1a. End of the road for ElrodW's site
Posted by: "elrodw2001"
Date: Sun Nov 9, 2008 1:48 pm ((PST))

Due to some circumstances beyond my control, I have to terminate my
server account that hosts my site. My e-mail relay through there is
also no longer working. Due to illnesses and other family crises, I
hadn't had time to properly devote to the site for over 2 years, and
now finances are tight. It's best to just not renew the site.

If someone would like to host my stories, BB info and map, etc, please
contact me via the message board. Most of my stories are already on
FM, so you won't be going without...

EW"

There have been several offers to take over hosting of the site, one from Sapphire of Sapphire's Place.

Hopefully Elrond's site will be like the legendary phoenix and will rise again.

Maid Joy

Hosting Elrond

erin's picture

Both Bob Arnold and I have spare server power to host Elrond's site. I'll try to post this elsewhere but with the message board at FM not working, I'm not sure where to post. TGF mailing list?

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

TGF

would be the best place to leave a note to him.

TGF?

I'm sorry, but I have no idea where that is. Can someone drop me an address?

Jessica
I don't just look it, I really AM that bad...

TGF

Mr Ram posted the addy as I was looking it up. It is a yahoo group, so you'll maybe need a yahoo ID. Many of the stories that get posted to FM by many of the older, popular writers, and many stories by newer writers get put up there for comment etc before they are ever posted on the various story sites. Beware of clicking on some of the links in the links section as I'm sure they are loaded with stuff and spam etc, just from looking at the names. Elrod is a member and will see it if you post there.

Thanks

I signed up. It was the only way to leave a message.

I think it's worth it though since it would be a shame to lose the site altogether.

Thank you for your help.

NB

Jessica

Is this a joke?

Angharad's picture

As Sapphire hasn't updated her own site for nearly five months, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Angharad

Angharad

hosting

I have a web hosting service with unlimited bandwidth and storage on godaddy.com, so I am also willing to host it without having to put an additiona load on erin's servers.

Jenna From FL

Hugs,
Jenna From FL
Moderator/Editor
TopShelf BigCloset
It is a long road ahead but I will finally become who I should be.

I too have an empty website

At present it has one page up , but that can be remedied

Please would someone let me know where to make contact. I am paying for the damned site, I would be really pleased if it said something other than service not available.

Seriously

NB

Jessica