ringtone?

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for what a sixteen year old boy would have set as the ringtone for when his mother calls. He gets on pretty well with his mother even if she is a little strict. I'm hoping to add a bit of humor here but I don't really know music that well having never really been all that into it except for a little bit of classical.

Mama I'm coming home...

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Well it's probably too old for a modern teenager, but I had a friend whose ringtone for his mother was "Mama, I'm coming Home" by Ozzy Osbourne. I think the song came out sometime in the early nineties.

Have delightfully devious day,

oldies

Or "Mother" by the Police. It was pretty much made to be a ringtone: "Well the telephone is ringing; is that my mother on the phone?"

"Joan Crawford" by Blue

"Joan Crawford" by Blue Oyster Cult.
Yeah, I know...I have a weird sense of humor... :)

- vessica b

I will tell you one not to use...

The Angry Birds "Weeeeeee." tone. It's all fine and dandy most of the time. Set it as my outgoing mail tone. Sent an email while walking down the hallway. Minute later, I find myself in front of the restroom. I am just cutting loose and my damn phone finally sends the message. "Weeeeeeee."

I didn't come out for 20 minutes.

Definitely going in a future story somewhere.

People say, "You don't know what you had until it's gone." Very true, but also equally true is, "You don't know what you've been missing until is arrives."

Could use

Mothers favorite song/band.

"Ring of fire"
Bit of Pink Floyd perhaps

I think

the Imperial March from Star Wars, as when Vader shows up

Yep.

That's what I was going to say.

I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair

to this I can only reply

Raff01's picture

"Go for Papa Palpatine."

For those who don't get this, it is from Robot Chicken. Normally I don't get into shows like that, but the Star Wars was hard to pass up.

ring a dingy

I forget the character from the old SNL skit, but played the telephone lady that worked at the company the ringtone could go "One ringy dingy, two ringy dingy" in that voice. Lily Tomlin was hilarious.

Or "Momma, just killed a man" "Momma, woo-ooo-ooo" from Bohemia rhapsody

Katie Leone (Katie-Leone.com)

Writing is what you do when you put pen to paper, being an author is what you do when you bring words to life

I am always a fan of the

I am always a fan of the funeral durg I have that as my mothers ring tone and we got on well.

Well, a decent one for our site here

Would be "Take Your Mama Out Tonight" by The Scissor Sisters. A hilarious song if you know what it's actually talking about.

Anything really could be made appropriate, but a story behind why the song fits might be better than a generic "happens to mention mom" kind of thing. My mom's favorite movie is The Lost Boys, so everyone in the family uses "cry little sister" as hers :P

Melanie E.

Why not find out what his

favorite movie/character/TV series is and try to use that as a ring tone?

Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

of all the ideas, this one is

Raff01's picture

of all the ideas, this one is the best. find out what the teen likes and go from there. I know my phone has ringtones from video games and Lord of the Rings.

"You are so GROUNDED!"

"I Like Big Butts" by Sir Mix-A-Lot, though it might be hard to distinguish since there's not a lot of music in that one.

"Shut Uppa You Face" by Joe Dolce, though that one is old. But parody songs really never die.

"Da Da Da" by Trio, used in a rather interesting Volkswagen commercial a while ago, illustrating a hazard of roadside acquisition. Replace in kid's head with 'blah blah blah'.

For a vastly more respectful offering, how 'bout the opening for Led Zepplin's "Black Dog"?

Ellen, 22nd level necromancer of threads

darn you

Raff01's picture

now I'll have that song stuck in my head all day