8350 Stories!

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I just got curious and did a count of stories on the site. Counting Full Stories plus Chapters, Drabbles and Poems but not counting Storylinks to stories on other sites or Title/Author Pages or stories that are currently unpubbed -- we have 8350 Stories on BC as of this writing. That means that sometime in the next 70 to 90 days we will go over 9 thousand stories and over 9 million visits. :) This time last year we had about 5200 stories and 6 million visits At the rate things are going we will have almost 12,000 stories by Christmas 2010 and more than 12 million visits!

Thanks to everyone who contributes by donations, editing, stories, blogs, comments, votes or just visiting!

Hugs,
Erin

Argh!

How the **** am I supposed to catch up with that many stories on the site?! :D

Oh, and can we be informed when we get to 10k - since that'll be a nice big "round number" milstone? :)

Congrats to Erin for running the site, Sephrena and the rest of the admins for all the work they do, the readers for reading the stories...

...and of course, the most important group of all...

...the authors!

According to the front page list, authors have posted under 489 different names (excluding Blogger, New Author and Anonymous). Obviously a few authors have posted under different names in the past, but even so, 400-450+ different authors is pretty impressive - and we're still attracting "new talent". Give yourselves a round of applause, and stroke the ego of your muses :)

--Ben

This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Stroke my muse?

Stroke the ego of my muse? No thanks! She's so bloody insistant on me writing that I'm not getting much else done.

On which note, there'll be a new tale up next week.

Penny

Incidentally, in original

It was supposed to be over 8 thousand! No, seriously! ^_^

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Grats Erin!

Congratulations! Soooo many stories, and when I do find the time to read some, it makes me feel warm and cozy inside. ^_^

Thanks to Erin, all the moderators, and all our wonderful authors for bring us such a vast library of very enjoyable literature! <3

Cheers,

-Christelle

"Fun-loving geek-chick looking for someone who doesn't give a damn about her past"

-Christelle

"Fun-loving geek-chick who's addicted to sunlight!"

Moore's Law?

Doubling every two years or so--where have I seen that before? To paraphrase Brody, "You're gonna need a bigger server."

At the rate things are going, though, at least the cost of the equipment you need to run the site should just keep pace with inflation. Now bandwidth, that might be a different story.... ;)

Congrats and well done, Erin! And thanks for all you do to keep this the wonderful place that it is.

Hugs,
Erin M.

nice numbers

I'm not really surprised by the success of the site: thanks to Erin and her assisants BC is currently (in my opinion) by far the best site on the net for TG fiction. No offense to other sites, but this is the only one I know that combines high quality fiction with a feeling of being a community.

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby