Blog disappearence?

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Hey, I was just curious about something. When someone submits, perhaps, a post as a forum thread or blog or something... Does it have to go through a process of "approval" or something? Is there any reason why someone's blog that may have been posted was not actually... posted? What would be the cause for when I actually try to visit the link of it, only a "Page not found" message comes up, hmm?

Disappearing blog

erin's picture

Without specifics, I can't answer the question. But authors can remove blogs, and sometimes, rarely, a blog is unpublished by the staff here for one of a number of reasons. Like I said, without specifics, I can't answer the question.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

bigclosetr.us topshelf

http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/blog/11782/this-dawn-signing-o...

or, maybe the correct link is supposed to be
http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/blog/11782/this-dawn-signing-off

Either way, I can't see this post, even when logged in, and the person who posted this can no longer see it. I find it odd. Is this URL specific enough? I could also ask the poster who's stories mystically re-appeared on this site after she deleted them, and who's blog post poofed for some unknown reason to post a reply here.

You may be a victim of UNICode

There is a %E2%80%A6 at the end which seems to be the UNICode translation of an ellipsis (three dots in a row).
Having lived with a language that cannot be entirely represented with American born computers all my life I can guess that some system managed to store that URL and then couldn't get it back after some unnamed entity translated it to the %notation.

This analysis may not be 100% correct but I have a hunch it's going to be something of that nature.

- Moni

It's a girls' world; we just let boys live in it.

Deleted blog

erin's picture

In that blog you reference, the poster asked that her account be deleted. When I deleted the account, the blog's attribution was also deleted, so I deleted the unattributed blog. I also deleted the stubs of stories that got left behind by removing the account, the stories had already been edited to be empty.

Again, I don't know who's stories you are referring to. You seem to be attempting to imply something underhanded is going on. If that's what you're trying to do, just come out and say it and give specifics. I don't feel like game playing.

I spend hours a day running this website. Mistakes happen.

Some weeks ago someone tried to make insinuations about me deleting the files of someone whose website I had been hosting. That may have been you. I asked for specifics because I did not remember such an incident. I got no specifics but seeing Roundtree Dawn's name this morning reminded me. Yes, when the old server was under constant attack by hackers, I asked everyone I was hosting to remove their files before I deleted them in order to reduce my vulnerability on the server. And Roundtree Dawn's was the newest site I was hosting at that time.

I'm not the world's most organized person and I may have not given her a lot of notice about the coming deletion but if anyone, including Dawn, had real troubles meeting the deadlines, I could have made local copies of files for later rescue. I don't remember anyone asking. I apologized for any problems I may have caused anyone then and there.

But this stuff; someone asks for their account to be deleted which leads to all their posts being deleted, and now someone wants to know what happened to the post and the vague questions that somehow seem designed to imply that I'm up to something.

I don't know everything that happens and I don't claim I never make mistakes. But if you know of someone whose stories "mystically" reappeared after they were deleted -- stop making insinuations and simply ask.

Because I have no idea in the world what you're talking about.

Be also advised that tomorrow and for the next several days I am going to be very, very busy installing, and configuring a new server and migrating the site to the new server so I can continue to spend hours each day, with the help of Bob, Sephy, Holly and others, keeping this site running.

-- Erin

Hi Temptress Mezra...Disappearing 'anything'...

Anyone that is a member and posts something (anything) can remove it through the editing thingy.

Comments they can edit but not remove entirely. Not yet anyway...They can replace they comment with "removed by commenter"

Blogs and stories they post can be deleted by them or by their request by the Admins.

Hope this helps you,

Angel

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"