Rainpower

Printer-friendly version

Rainpower.

A New Start

Mark looked at the neat cottage set in a secluded position off the country lane down a rough but maintained stone track. The track was slightly inclined toward the wide valley below but was in fact a dead end serving only one other dwelling a little further along the track but not in sight of the cottage. He felt a curious slight tingle as he walked down the track, not unpleasant , more of a thrill he wondered as to its cause - No power lines visible .The estate Agent had said the cottage was in good repair and had a good view of the valley and Mark was pleased to see a neatly tended front garden, a small lawn, neatly trimmed bordered with camellia and rhododendron shrubs, acidic soil he thought to himself. There was an open porch framing the front door which would provide shelter from the elements when removing muddy boots and wet coats.

Mark notice that the intensity of the tingle had increased, still not unpleasant, in fact slightly and inexplicably erotic. The sensation vanished as he opened the door and entered. He cottage proved to be everything he had hoped for, a spacious kitchen diner, a utility room, downstairs loo, a good sized lounge complete with wood burning stove and a small study. In the lounge there was an oil painting of an attractive middle aged woman clad in what appeared to be a raincoat, somewhat unusual in that it was left and a curious choice of garment for a painting.

The lounge was covered at the back by a large Victorian style conservatory, accessed by folding doors . There was a large Persian rug covering much of its tiled floor and Mark thought it a little strange that such a valuable item had been left , something to discuss with the agent but he was more than happy if it was deliberate as it would add to the comfort .He was pleased to note that the triple glazing of the conservatory continued on to include the roofing and that there were a couple of good sized radiators fed from the oil fired central heating boiler. He would be able to enjoy the view of the dale from here in all seasons. The garden at the rear of the house was large but thankfully laid to lawn and again bordered shrubs and small trees hence low maintenance. A large double garage was set to one side of the house so both car and garden maintenance tools would be easily accommodated - Mark had hoped to need a sit-and-ride garden mower!

3 bedrooms, 2 with en-suite facilities and a family bathroom provided excellent accommodation even though Mark had few thoughts about entertaining guests. Pondering his options Mark thought that this offering was by far the best he had seen and met his needs in every particular including his desire for privacy. Leaving the cottage he hastened to his car, experiencing again the peculiar thrill which diminished gradually as he reached the end of the track to where it was parked. He managed to get a phone signal ,no small feat in this remote Shropshire setting, and contacted the estate agent. He negotiated a satisfactory price, a few percent below asking and began making further calls to put the purchase in motion.

Solana

Several weeks later Mark was moving his few belongings in and arranging his newly purchased furniture, white goods , AV system, computer and bedding. Unbeknown to him he was being scrutinised by his neighbour, she was puzzled that it was a man who was moving in, she was convinced that the wards she had put in place would deter men and ensure that only a most suitable and compatible lady could own the property. Thus intrigued she determined to visit the newcomer and see what was afoot. Now Solana was not a youngster by any means but neither was she 'over the hill', a lady of a certain age, sophisticated and attractive and well able to gain information when she needed to. She understood from the postman that her new neighbour was from the West Midlands and from all of the deliveries ascertained that he was comfortably off. Solana, for that was the lady's name waited a few days to let Mark settle in and then paid him a visit one morning, bearing a wicker basket containing jars of her honey, damson jam, a bottle of cider and an aged bottle of Shropshire's notorious damson wine .

She knocked on the door and waited. A slightly dishevelled young man came to the door, obviously part way through his morning's ablutions - shaving cream still evident on his face and a hastily donned dressing gown partly covering him from shoulders to knees but showing glimpses of a hairless chest. His legs were also bare and sparsely covered in fine blonde hair.

"Hello", she said "I'm Solana Stanton, your neighbour. I've come to introduce myself and bring you a few rough home made things."

"Oh Thank you very much" said a somewhat nonplussed Mark, he had noticed the nearby cottage but not seen anyone so had surmised it was someone's weekend retreat. " Please come in and excuse the mess. I'm Mark Priors."

"How are you settling in " queried Solana
"Tolerably well," answered Mark, " Most of my goods and chattels have arrived and I've managed to get most things squared away but I haven't really managed to have a good look around the neighbourhood yet or work out the best places to shop, eat and drink.

" Well Ludlow is a pretty town with a famous castle, a couple of good supermarkets, excellent restaurants although the Michelin stars have fled to the bright lights of the city and they were damned expensive anyway . There are lots of good pubs in the town and nearby villages plus a microbrewery in the town. " said Solana in her best travel guide mode. " If you like, I'll give you a tour and we could perhaps get a coffee or something stronger. " she offered.

"That's very kind of you but I wouldn't want to put you to any trouble" responded Mark.

"Absolutely no trouble at all, I'd be delighted to be seen around town with a handsome young man. It would do my reputation a lot of good to say nothing of my self esteem." Chuckled Solana

Mark blushed and then gallantly responded "It would be a real treat for a geek like me to be seen with such an elegant lady but it must be my treat."
Solana smiled at the complement and said " I'll leave you to your 'squaring away', Shall we say Friday for the grand tour, We'll go in my car, it's better suited to these roads than yours, 10:00 be ok? "

Mark hurried upstairs to complete his 'toilet' and got dressed, all the while thinking about his attractive visitor. She was certainly older than him but time had been very kind to her and he estimated her age at early forties, 'flirty forties' at that. He must remember to ask her about the painting.

Solana's Cottage

Late on Wednesday afternoon , Mark decided he had done enough squaring away and decided to go for a jog along the bridleways and footpaths he'd noted on his ‘Explorer' OS map of the area. He planned a circuit and saw that it would pass Solana's cottage on the return leg. He dressed in his running gear, shorts, singlet and cross country running shoes and set off, forgetting to check on the weather forecast, after all the afternoon was mild and partially sunny. Mark found he was a little out of shape for the route he planned and by the time he got to Solana's cottage, he was pretty fatigued. Solana was working in her garden and spotted Mark's arrival and his condition. Knowing the weather signs intimately, she recognised that this was the opportunity she had been waiting for and intercepted the tired runner.

“Hello Mark, you must be worn out from your run, please come in and have a cooling drink with me, “ she invited.

Mark needed no persuading, exhausted and a little dehydrated as he was. “ Oh! Thanks” he said, I'm not at the level of fitness I thought I was and brief rest and some fluids would be most welcome if It’s no trouble."

“No trouble at all” replied Solana leading the way into her cottage, through its porch and hall into a spacious kitchen. “I think a Lucozade with ice would be restorative you need after all that energy you’ve burnt up. “

Mark nodded his thanks and was quickly presented with an iced version of the drink he associated with convalescence after childhood illness, quite forgetting that it was a glucose based energy drink. He gratefully drank some of the cooling liquid and felt refreshed very rapidly. Having regained his composure he looked around and complimented Solana on her lovely cottage.

Solana beamed with pleasure at the remark and offered to show Mark around if he felt sufficiently rested. Mark accepted the invitation to view the property, hoping to get some new ideas on improving his own cottage.
Mark was entranced with the building and told Solana so. He had also had noticed a painting of Solana very similar to the one left in his home in which she was also wearing raincoat so intrigued by the coincidence, he commented, pointing at it, “There is a painting very like that in my cottage and I wondered who it was and why the raincoat of all clothes. “

Solana smiled enigmatically, “ That would be a painting of Bethany Middleton, the previous owner of your cottage. She and I had the paintings done by a friend and local artist. We thought that we would celebrate the rather wet climate we have here in South Shropshire by posing in our raincoats. “

Mark absorbed this information and went on “ What happened to Bethany? “
Again Solana smiled and briefly stated “She moved on, but she still visits occasionally “

“Perhaps you could give me a forwarding address and contact number so that I can send the painting and the Persian rug she left in the conservatory onward to her,“ requested Mark.

“That won't be necessary, I'm sure that you will see her very soon, “ was Solana's puzzling reply. She then went on having noted the darkening sky in the West, “Would you care to stay for dinner Mark? I’m having Goujons of Cod with new potatoes and French beans, and there will be more than enough for us both “

After making the usual polite noises about being a nuisance and not being properly dressed, Mark's stomach growled and gave the lie to his demurral so he acquiesced but said that he would need to pop back to his cottage for a shower.
“No need, “ replied Solana, “There is a shower here in the downstairs bathroom and I'll pop your clothes in the washing machine for a quick wash and dry. They won't take long and I'll get you a robe in the meantime. “

Again Mark acquiesced and followed Solana to the bathroom. She gave him some privacy whilst he stripped and then handed him a towel and a black silk kimono with a chrysanthemum decoration taking away his sweaty running gear using the door as a modesty barrier. After his shower, whilst towelling himself down , Mark found a hairdryer and thought ‘ why not use it to dry my longish hair, I'm sure Solana won't mind.’ Unconsciously, because of the additional volume the hairdryer had given his hair, Mark brushed his hair into a rather feminine/androgynous style.

Transformed

Solana then busied herself preparing the meal whilst Mark made himself useful setting the table and opening the bottle of Chardonnay he had been directed to find in the fridge. When Solana glanced over at Mark she was struck by how girly he looked and couldn't resist commenting “ Well look at you Miss, very elegant”

Mark blushed but realised Solana was only pulling his leg so went along with jest quipping” Oh this? Just something I threw together but without my foundation garments I fee quite naked”

This was too good an opportunity to miss so Solana immediately replied “Just follow me young lady, I'll soon put you right.
A bemused Mark followed Solana into a bedroom where she began locating items of female apparel and soon laying on the bed were silk panties, a pantie corselet, stockings, petticoat, summer dress and a Hermes scarf. Mark was lost, what was happening here? He found himself submitting to Solana as she expertly began to dress him, his member became ‘interested’ as the silk panties and elastic top stockings were rolled up his legs but that quickly faded as the extremely firm corselet was pulled into position forcing his testes and, strangely, his penis back into his groin. The sensation, however, was not uncomfortable and Mark was weirdly thrilled by the smooth appearance of his crotch. Swiftly the petticoat was drawn over his head and rapidly followed by the light summer frock.

“A little make up to complete the ensemble I think” mused Solana and proceeded to apply a light liquid foundation, a little eye shadow, eyebrow pencilling in Mark's light brows, applying mascara to his longish lashes, a light pink lipstick completed her work. Mark's beard was light and he had shaved that morning so the transformation was perfect. As he beheld himself in the dressing table mirror, Mark was bewitched and all manner of suppressed thoughts from the past went through his.mind.

“Feel adequately dressed now Mark? “ prompted Solana breaking him from his reverie
Recovering himself, Mark, joked “No shoes! “
Solana smacked her temple and rummaging in bottom of a wardrobe located a pair of light strappy sandals with a small heel, presenting them to Mark saying “ Would Modome like these? “ and bending down set Mark's admittedly small feet into the sandals, adjusting the straps to fit comfortably. Offering Mark her hand, she helped him to stand, after an initial wobble, Mark was confidently walking and luxuriating in feel of skirts swishing around his nylon clad legs. He turned to Solana and asked “Why am I doing this? “
Solana smiled and replied “Because I wanted you to and I was sure you would enjoy it. “

A little nonplussed, Mark was about to deny it but heard a sort of ethereal giggle and then realised that he loved it, so much so that he seriously began to question if he would like to stay this way forever.

Magic?

Solana suggested that they eat outside in the little garden summer house with walls that had been removed for the good weather period. Mark acquiesced and brought out the Chardonnay in a cooler and two large wine glasses. The food was excellent and the locally produced ice cream was delicious. Conversation between them flowed easily and Solana explained to a rather sceptical Mark that the area around them was full of magic.

“It certainly is magical in the sense of beautiful but I don't believe in the otherworldly definition, “ stated Mark.
“Hmm! Replied Solana, “Tell me, when you first came down our little track, did you not feel something resisting you? “
Mark was intrigued “ Well, I did feel some kind of tickle or thrill a bit like that which you feel near High voltage power cables but not exactly resistance. “
Solana smiled “ That was the magic of the area, assessing you and finding no threat let you pass on, had you been other than you are, you would not have been able to walk down the track. “

“What do you mean? Other than I am? “ demanded Mark.

“Mark you are a feminine soul,” explained Solana “ I don't mean that in the sense that you are effeminate but that you are essentially female. Look how you have taken to being dressed and how you busied yourself helping with the meal making sure everything was just so, you are a nurturing being. “
Mark was completely taken aback by this, his male ego felt affronted but this was immediately quelled by his inner voice telling him, hadn't he always been mother's little helper? Dusting, cleaning helping prepare meals, baking and even sewing, a guilty pleasure he had almost forgotten. His absent father was the reason for this argued male Mark, life in the forces was demanding and his premature death had ended any normal male role model. Nonsense! came back the inner core, you had always been sensitive, empathic and loving, preferring girl’s company to that of boys and their rough games.

Solana could see this debate being played out in Mark's mind as clearly as though it were on television and saw the victory of Mark's inner voice.

“Shall we have coffee and brandy? “ she suggested
Mark immediately offered to make the coffee having spotted the hexagonal Italian stove top coffee maker leaving Solana to find the brandy and ‘get some thing’s from upstairs.
Mark brought a tray of coffee out to the summer house and Solana swiftly followed with the Brandy but over her arm she carried 2 lovely Pashminas, one of which she draped over Mark's shoulders to protect him from the cool of the evening. Mark found this such a lovely gesture and the feeling of being cared for enhanced his already heightened feelings of femininity

Esoteric History

Solana continued to expand upon the esoteric nature of the locale, how the Romans had brought the cult of Cybele to England and how, after their retreat, the religion had clung on in this small, remote spot. Cybele ‘s influence, being a goddess of the hot dry middle East, had weakened as the English climate became wetter and Shropshire being in the damp West was not ideal for the goddess but during the late 19th Century and early 20th Century the discovery of new impermeable materials encouraged by the goddess and under her guidance had enabled astonishing improvements in surgical outcomes, hygiene , transport, machine efficiency and weather protection. A side effect foreseen by the goddess had been the amazing sensuous quality of the new materials encouraging a harmless but very erotic fetish. These factors and the careful strategic placement of manufacturers expanded the goddess' influence in her new incarnation as Sussura from her retreat in the French Pyrenees and outward to this tiny isolated hold out. This development was such that Sussura was now a defacto rain goddess and growing in power.

Mark knew a little of the cult of Cybele, that it had not been welcomed by the Romans as its priests emasculated themselves in a sacrifice to her and henceforth wore female attire but they had just about tolerated it, fearful of offending a deity. He felt a cold shiver as he contemplated his own situation and again heard the voiceless giggle.

“Would the paintings of you and Bethany clad in Rainwear have anything to do with this cult? “ questioned Mark.
“Oh yes, very much so” answered Solana, “Bethany and I had travelled to France as students many years ago and found peace, tranquillity and indeed a religious ecstasy when we went to the Pyrenees and discovered quite by accident the small town of L'Eglise de Sainte Sussura which was the locus of all this advancement. We stayed there until just before WW2 when we were instructed by the goddess to return to England to stiffen the nation's resolve to resist the Nazis. She foresaw the fall of France and knew the only hope for Europe was for Britain to maintain the struggle as a refuge and fighting platform for forces of the defeated nations and to hold out until the greater might of the US and USSR could be dragged into the conflict. What we accomplished and how we did it is a secret never to be told but the goddess have us the power we needed. “

Mark was stunned ‘how old were these women?’
“Don't look so shocked Mark” smiled Solana “The power of the goddess is great and she has selected you to be an instrument of her benevolent intentions “

At this point lightning flashed, thunder rolled, and a heavy rain began to fall on the small summer house. As quickly as they could they gathered up their dinner things and made a dash for the cottage. Their speedy retreat spared them a soaking and further brandies soon had them warmed. “”I think Sussura heard us and wants to demonstrate her power” quipped Mark.

“It’s a good thing she has a sense of humour” responded Solana “Zeus in his heyday would have thought nothing of frying us for that remark”
After all he had heard, Mark was not at all sure that Solana was joking.
Solana then spoke seriously to Mark “ How do you feel about all this? do you like being thought of as female? Does it feel right to you? “

Mark pondered this, once more having the internal debate and again it was the inner voice that won the day. “Solana, I confess that I am overwhelmed by all you have told me and my credulity is strained but I feel very comfortable in this persona and think I would be very happy to stay this way. In fact I've been thinking that ‘Mark' is no longer an appropriate name for me and I would be very glad if you would call me ‘Susan' from now on. “

Solana looked very pleased and suggested “Tomorrow’s trip into town looks like being a full on girly shopping excursion then? “
“I only hope I can keep up with you” replied Susan
“Better get some rest then, “ smirked Solana” I'll fetch you a waterproof to keep you dry on your walk back home, Oh! and some boots. I'll put your clean running gear in a carrier bag”

Solana returned with some close fitting black rubber riding boots with a small heel and over her arm was a silky rustling dark green rubberised cape.She helped Susan into the sensuous garment buttoning her up and fixing the large hood with ties in a neat bow under her chin. To complete the look she gave the hood a pleasing turn back. Susan shivered with pleasure as the smooth material slid over her arms which were restricted by the cape in a thrillingly submissive manner.
Solana noted the reaction and said “ I could bind your arms behind you if you wish to complete the feeling”
Susan shyly responded “ That would be lovely but I fear that on the rough track and this ankle length cape, I might fall and have a heck of a job getting back up”
Solana laughed “ Another time then? “
“Maybe! “ grinned Susan

Ensconced in the cape and boots, her carrier bag safely out of the rain under the whispering, swishing material, Susan was ushered out into the deluge which beat down heavily onto the hood and shoulders of the cape but failing to gain ingress. Thus caparisoned she made her way back to her cottage delighting in the wonderful garb and the drumming of the rain, hearing once more the ethereal giggle. Once at the porch of her cottage she shook off her mackintosh imprisonment and removed her boots leaving them to dry on the clothes hooks and boot rack it featured. In the cottage, Susan regretfully removed her feminine attire, folding it neatly for return to Solana then reluctantly donning a T shirt and boxer shorts climbed into bed, promising herself that it would be last time she wore such uninspiring nightwear.

Sussura Manifests

Sleep came quickly to Susan, overwhelmed, no doubt, by the events and revelations of the last few hours. The sleep was not dreamless however, It seemed to Susan that she was clothed once more in the cape, though this time naked underneath it and she entered her conservatory where the Persian rug has been drawn back to expose a tiled pentacle with candles burning at each of its points. Seemingly guarding the pentacle were the figures of Solana and Bethany both similarly caped. They looked at Susan expectantly who then heard instructions enter her mind ‘7 words of power repeated 7 times after due preparation and she will appear before you demanding a new sacrifice’ and words which she spoke aloud
“Aintab alnasi huna yatlub mutabieak hudurak alan
Aintab alnasi huna yatlub mutabieak hudurak alan
Aintab alnasi huna yatlub mutabieak hudurak alan
Aintab alnasi huna yatlub mutabieak hudurak alan
Aintab alnasi huna yatlub mutabieak hudurak alan
Aintab alnasi huna yatlub mutabieak hudurak alan
Aintab alnasi huna yatlub mutabieak hudurak alan “

A blue glow began to form in the centre of the pentacle which slowly took the form of a beautiful olive skinned woman dressed in the most sumptuous blue silky cape, hood thrown back to display her luxuriant, lustrous black hair. In one hand she bore a golden sickle shaped knife and in the other a golden chalice. Susan was drawn inexorably towards the woman contained in the pentacle, she knew exactly what was expected of her but felt no fear. Susan accepted the golden knife from the glowing figure and swept aside the skirts of cape to reveal her manhood. With a swift stroke she severed her phallus, scrotum and it’s contents which the goddess deftly caught in the chalice. There was no blood and the wound closed immediately.

“Welcome, daughter! “ exclaimed the deity
“Welcome sister” intoned the two servitors.
At this point a rush of wind blew out the candles, the glowing figure vanished and Susan fainted.

Awakening

Awakening in her bed next morning Susan recalled the dream and immediately her hands raced to her groin, her move was hampered by two moderate swellings on her chest but when she reached her objective she found no male parts, instead there was a moist opening!

up
79 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Capturing the scene. . .

Emma Anne Tate's picture

Lovingly detailed images of the English countryside, a mysterious neighbor and spooky ancient Egyptian cults . . . quite the first story!

Emma

very cool, I loved it!

and welcome to Big Closet, have a Dottie huggle, on the house!

DogSig.png

Charming and Spooky!

Sunflowerchan's picture

I found this story both charming and spooky. I love how you went into detail about the picturesques English Countryside. Describing the landscape so well I felt I was there. And I love how you included spooky elements like the cult. If this is your first stab at writing this type of fiction then I say your on the right track and I can't wait to read more of your wonderful work. Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece of fiction with us! It's just what I needed on this hot, humid morning.

Captivating scene's

I hope this is a taste of what we can expect from you in your future stories.
Please expand on this one, as you have left the door open so nicely.

Polly J

Nicely Done

The storytelling was powerful.

The formatting could be better.

I almost left immediately when I saw the massive blocks of text. Readers don't normally want to deal with long sentences and paragraphs beyond three sentences.

Excellent work for a first post.

Jill

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Thanks

Pollymeric's picture

I write in MS 365 saved as docx and then copy into the box on BCTS - which loses all my formatting and I then have to re edit which is a bit tedious and error prone hence the unwieldy text. I will try to do better!

Pollymeric