May 29- June 4, 2016

Printer-friendly version

allie2.jpg

Allie - The teenage years of Alexander Horten

May 29- June 4, 2016

May 29, 2016
Sunday

Dear Diary

It was very mean of Granny to lock Sarah in the cabinet under the stairs. I thought this was only something that happened in Harry Potter. It must be illegal to do something like that. The more I thought of it, the more evil it seemed. Granny must have known that Sarah was terrified of the dark and this was a traumatising experience for my sister. Before we went to Church, I told Granny what I thought of her punishment. I told her it was child abuse and if she did it again, I would tell every teacher and the police.

After Church, Noah came up to me and dragged me to a place no one could see us. Then he told me that he was tired of me and all my gay friends. He threatened that it was his goal and purpose in life to destroy me and all my friends. He even said that none of us deserved to be living. Many would see this as a serious threat, but it was Noah. Threatening people was the thing he did best.

At home, I did not visit Bella. I decided to spend some time with Sarah. She was still sad and afraid after being locked up. The poor girl was afraid of what Granny would do next.


May 30, 2016
Monday

Dear Diary

I wore a girl's school uniform that was in Annies bag. Granny was outraged, but I was happy that I could wear what I wanted to wear and not care what people thought. As I left the house, I could hear Granny threaten that she was not done with Sarah yet.

I did not take Noah's threat seriously and maybe I should have. At lunch break, he launched on me and started punching me. There were left punches and right punches. I covered my face with my hands while the punches and the insults flew at me. I was certain that I would be killed or end up in the hospital like Noah did with Bella. I never experienced so much pain as the beating he was giving me.

The teachers did not help, but something strange happened. The other pupils gathered around and pushed Billy off of me. They told him to stop being such a bully and who cared if I wore the Girl's school uniform. I did not deserve to be bullied as I never hurt anyone. This made the pains I had seem to hurt less. I was surprised and humbled by the support I got from my class.

I was taken to the nurse's office and rested. Annie stayed with me and told me that I was very brave. Noah was expelled from the school. To be honest, I felt sorry for him. There must be a reason why he is a bully. OK, I was also happy he was finally gone from school.

Granny came to take me home. She had no sympathy. I was told that this was the result of dressing and acting as someone that I was not intended to be. I think Granny must have been a bully like Noah when she went to school a thousand years ago.


May 31, 2016
Wednesday

Dear Diary

I should have rested at home after being beaten up yesterday, but I did not want to spend the day with Granny.

A woman visited the school. Billy was with her. She wanted to know what I thought about Granny having custody of me. I told her everything that Granny had been doing and that she wants to send Sarah and me away. I even told her that Granny had been shouting and punishing Sarah every day now. Sarah is now afraid and unhappy and worried about what would happen next. We did not want Granny in our lives. We did not want Aunty either. The nice lady just wrote down everything that I said and thanked me for being so honest.

I walked with Annie on the way home from school. We talked about how much things changed and being a teen was not easy. Then something big happened. I do not know how this happened, but after I stammered and stuttered, I asked Annie if she would like to be my girlfriend again. I know that we tried it before and that ended badly and I know that she was going to Bellas school and I was going to military school, but love would conquer all. It did not take long for Annie to answer. She said YES and kissed me on the cheek.

I was happy when I arrived home. Annie even sent me a message saying that this was one of the happiest days of her life. I wanted to tell Sarah the good news, but Granny had her standing in the corner. After this, Sarah told me she couldn’t deal with it anymore. Granny was punishing her all the time. Once again, Sarah cried herself to sleep on my shoulder. I did not know what to do.


June 1, 2016
Wednesday

Dear Diary

Annie and I spent all day holding hands at school. I was in heaven and was so happy. It was a strange feeling being so happy. It seemed like ages since I was.

When school was over, Aunty was speaking with Sarah outside the school. She apologised for not saying goodbye or contacting us. Then she told us what happened. She had no choice but to leave as Granny threatened her with something. Aunty would not tell us what it was but let's face it, Granny was good at threatening people. Since then, Aunty has been getting her life in order. She wanted to help people and not just be some spoiled rich lady. So she now worked at an orphanage. I smiled thinking all the orphan boys were probably wearing dresses by now.. but I did not say anything. Aunty also said that she did not want custody of us. She did this to stall Granny's custody case. Aunty thought we should have patience until Dad was well again.

It was nice seeing Aunty again.

When we were home, Sarah gave her key back. She could not deal with Granny's persecution. Granny had this huge stupid victory smile on her face and said that it was now my turn. I told her she would never get my key.


June 2, 2016
Thursday

Dear Diary

Today was a day of drama. The shed at Andrew's house was on fire. The fire was put out. The police said that the fire was done deliberately. Someone also spray-painted the house with the word “faggot”.

All this made Andrew afraid. He knew that it was aimed at him. Someone did not like or accept that he came out of the closet and now had a boyfriend. Andrew was afraid that someone wanted to harm him and his family. I did not know what to answer. I just listened to him. In my mind, I was thinking about how cruel people could be. How could anyone have so much hate that they wanted to hurt someone? If people knew Andrew the way I did, they would never harm him or his family


June 3, 2016
Friday

Dear Diary

Granny was in a very bad mood today. Her lawyer told her that there was very little chance she would get custody of us. Then Granny asked me what have I been telling people. I shrugged my shoulder and said that the only thing that I have said was the truth. This made Granny threaten me again and tell me that I did not know what was good for me. I would regret the day that I ever went against her.

I took Sarah to my room and locked the door and shouted it was too late, I regret the day that I ever met Granny. Our Mom hated her and so did my aunt. We also hated her and wanted her to go.

When things were quiet, I told Sarah that Bella invited me to the Pride Parade. Sarah also wanted to go. So I told her we would need to find what clothes we would wear. We needed to look like rainbows.


June 4, 2016
Saturday

Dear Diary

I wore purple leggings and a pink tutu and a rainbow top. I even found a toy tiara in Annie's old clothes. I was ready for Pride Parade.

The parade was very colourful. Everyone was in strange and rainbow clothes. I did not like those that showed a lot of skin but some of the outfits were great. There were gay people, transgenders or just people that did not think that it was bad to be different. Everyone was so nice and friendly. The transgender men were them that amazed me the most. It was easy to see that most looked like men in women's clothes. I did not even consider them pretty. In a way, they looked like clowns.

This being said I admired them. They were some of the nicest people I met. One of them told me never let what I wear or look define me, the light that shines from my heart should define me.

Granny was mad when she saw us. Sarah and I were told that our morality had hit an all-time low.


To be continued…. The final “episode” of Allie - The teenage years of Alexander Horten

up
27 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

one more chapter

There is one more chapter
and then some thoughts and background on each character
and answers to questions people sent me

Granny is still nasty,

Angharad's picture

Aunty seems to have redeemed herself and Noah is still a horrible bully, I can't see what's coming unless Dad makes a miraculous recovery. Either things will get markedly better or worse and I don't think that is a good end for the story. Perhaps Allie and Sarah get to go to the same school as Bella and Annie.

Angharad