Mrs Major and the Nutcase - Part 6 of 10

Printer-friendly version

Mrs Major and the Nutcase

House.jpg

A Sense Of Relief

"So now we know…" breathed Vonda as she ceased her reading.

"Know what?" asked our unknown observer.

"Just what the Curse was that became known as The Curse of the Feminine Mystique."

"I thought that was a book"

"So it was. Doesn't mean someone couldn't steal the phrase, though."

"I guess…"

"So, nobody told you about the Curse before you bought the place, eh Glenda?" asked Laurie.

"Not a word, I replied."

"Well, at least you won't have to worry about it yourself since you're the right sex."

Laurie never could figure out why we laughed so hard.

Thursday: The Doctor will See You Now

They say you can get used to anything, and I suppose it's true. Thursday morning I expected to wake up once again with bigger breasts and wasn't disappointed. The bra tag read 36D and the weight on my chest certainly felt like it. I snapped the bra together on the first try and settled myself into the cups. At least they had stopped itching - maybe I was done growing up?

"36D, I suppose?" asked Vonda. She wasn't going to miss the morning's inspection.

"Twenty-eight inch waist, thirty-six hips, down another panty size. The ghost is into prints today, but I supposed you noticed that."

"Leopard print, no less."

"I kind of like it. Sure is different from what I used to wear."

"And you sure are different than you used to look. You checked the closet yet?"

"Not yet. I wonder what Mrs Major has in mind as suitable attire for a doctor's visit?"

"That is today. I almost forgot."

"I certainly haven't. What is she going to say when she looks at my assets?"

"Open wide?"

"That isn't funny."

"Neither is what's happening to you. Are you OK?"

"I don't know. I was expecting to be bigger this morning - I can learn from experience - but I still can't quite understand why it had to happen to me."

"If I say you bought a house that only a woman can inhabit, it does sound rather crazy."

"And being mostly woman is even crazier."

"Remember the terms of the Curse - or at least what the author says were the terms of the curse: The house will be in family forever and only women can live in it."

"But the family died out. That's why I got the place."

"Ever gotten into genealogy?"

"No, never been all that interested."

"Could you have some ancestor way back when who was part of the Barnhill clan?"

"Not the slightest idea. Wait a minute!"

"OK, I have the time."

"I could ask you the same question. Your family has been around these parts a long time."

What? Oh. My. God."

"Have you ever jumped onto bed with a man you hardly knew and stayed there for several days running? A bed that may be in my RV but is still located on the site of Rachel's Repose property. A bed where the man is growing his own breasts?"

"No," she said quietly.

"I hate to ask this, but remember the part about getting pregnant five minutes after the wedding ceremony?"

"At least I don't have to be concerned about that. I have an implant and still don't have to worry for another two years."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Sure. You can feel the lump right… right… Oh my god! I can't feel the lump!"

"If a ghost can materialize clothes and change bodies, what's to say it couldn't dematerialize a little piece of plastic?"

"Not a damn thing. If you're going to buy one concept you may as well buy the whole magilla."

"Magilla?"

"Yiddish slang, comes out when I'm under stress. Means 'the whole thing.' "

"Do we name her Magilla, then?"

"That is not funny!"

"I agree."

"I think I had better see the doctor with you this morning."

"I think that's a very good idea. I'm going to need a witness to what's happened to me in the last few days."

"We may both end up in the nuthouse, you know."

"I'll have good company."

"Do they have mixed accommodations? I always figured places like that were sex segregated."

"I hope we don't have to find out."

"Glenda, I'm starting to get scared. This is no longer a lark."

"I never thought it was. Vonda, no matter what happens I will never run out on a pregnant woman or a child I fathered. If you are pregnant I will do my damnedest to be a good father and a good husband - or maybe wife. You have my word on that."

"I think I can trust you, Glenda. Let's not borrow trouble."

"And I move we have breakfast out at the cafe. I don't want to cook this morning."

"Me either. Let's go give Rosie something to stare at."

"You want her to stare at my breasts?"

"Get used to it, girlie, it happens to all of us. By the way, one of the things I liked about you is you talked to my face, not my boobs."

"Not easy to do when they're almost at my eye level."

"Back to size counts?"

"I hope not. If I had your breasts I'd be crippled for life."

"You can lease some time with them tonight."

"Fair trade?"

"This is not getting us dressed, lover."

"I assumed since the doctor will want me to undress a blouse and skirt makes more sense than a dress."

"You could wear shorts, they'll fit your new waistline now."

"Yeah, but Mrs Major seems to go for a distinctly feminine look. Quite a selection in the closet."

"Glenda - does it look like the clothes on the left half are my size and the right side are your size?

"I do believe you're right. Can you share a curse?"

"Shall we do coordinated outfits?"

"You're the expert. I didn't get beyond matching shapes with my shape sorter when I was a kid. Usually put the square peg in the round hole."

"I'm you've graduated to putting the oblong shape in the deep hole in some things."

"Sex fiend. What do we wear?"

"You choose."

"OK, how about this?"

"You'd need to change your bra for that one. That neckline needs a plunging type of bra."

"Something a little higher, then? Now this looks like a candidate. It would go with that sort of blue-green skirt, I think."

"The proper name for that color is teal or maybe turquoise."

"There's only one thing I can do - marry you so I will know what color clothes I'm wearing."

"Don't joke about that."

"I'm only half joking. We need to give it considerably more time to see if we are really the type to live together."

"You got that right. By the way, maybe you better spend the night in my bed tonight if you don't want to wake up with double-D breasts. Enough is enough!"

"Get off the property and maybe out of range of the curse?"

"Worth a try. Shall we settle on a white blouse and teal skirt for you and a teal blouse and white skirt for me?"

"Wouldn't want to disappoint Mrs Major with our selections. At least she is generous in her selections for us."

"They said she was a generous woman, at least if you weren't a Rebel."

"Any black outfits in there?"

"Why?"

"We could go all black and chop down a few Rebel Battle Flags around town in her honor."

"I like the way you think. Let's just not get caught."

 

"Glen Stone, I have a 10:00 appointment with Doctor Tanner."

"Glen? Came the confused reply."

"It's complicated. That's why I need to see the doctor."

"You're all registered. Have a seat and the doctor will be with you shortly."

I sat. Vonda sat next to me and smiled.

"Complicated, eh?"

I didn't think that needed a reply.

Eventually I was called, then I had to explain to the nurse why I had Vonda with me. Good thing nurses are pretty much invulnerable to shock when they see a man who needs a 36D bra. We didn't wait long in the little room before the doctor came bustling in.

"Vonda! This is a surprise."

"Christa, the surprises haven't started yet. I'm along with Glenda because neither of us think you'd believe him without a witness."

"I'm a doctor, not a judge. What's with the witness bit?"

"Uh, doc… that swelling I was asking about hasn't gone away," I spoke up.

"Those can't be real."

"I'm afraid they are. I'll be damned if I can offer a logical explanation for them, but I've been eating like a horse and they just kept growing. My waist is smaller and my hips have grown, too. It came out 36-28-34 this morning."

"They're real, Christa, and I've watched them grow. We've spend a lot of time together without any clothes."

"TMI, Vonda. I suppose there's nothing for it but to have you strip to the waist. At least with Vonda in the room I don't have to call a nurse to keep me honest."

"Then you've changed since High School."

"Shut up, Vonda."

"Well, not that much!"

"Mr… Uh… Ms… Stone - have you ever done a breast self-examination?"

"Let's go with Glenda. I don't look like a Glen any more and there's no need to be formal. No, I haven't had breasts long enough to examine them."

"These actually grew this large since Monday?"

"They did."

"And the skin shows no sign of stretch marks. I don't remember your aureoles or nipples being as large."

"They weren't. Everything seems to have grown just like it would on a normal woman, but at a fantastic rate."

"Well, your blood tests came back rather odd, low in testosterone and very high in female hormones. Not that any quantity of female hormones could account for this, it usually takes many months or years for a transsexual to develop breasts. You still say you haven't been taking any medications?"

"Not even aspirin."

"OK, I need to examine whatever you have on your chest. And I damn sure want to see the results of that mammogram tomorrow. I also want to have a biopsy, which I can guarantee you'll hate me for ordering. You know what that involves, Glenda?"

"She's trying to tell you that they're going to shove a long needle into your boob and it's going to turn all purple and yellow," Vonda amplified.

"I should have called in the nurse. There are more gentle ways to describe the process, Vonda."

"But no less truthful."

"So OK, that's what they're going to do. So I assume you're sexually active together?"

"You bet your ass, doctor Christa!" Vonda crowed.

"Then you can milk it for all it's worth and get her to treat you as an invalid for as long as you can pull it off."

"I like that prescription, doc."

"Enough! Off with the clothes and up on the table. Skirt, too, since you tell me your waist and hips are affected. You can keep you panties on, though."

So the doctor palpated and pinched my breasts, trying to be impersonal. For my part I tried to be calm and collected, but having her touch my breasts (she was a darn pretty woman) had unfortunate consequences that a thin pair of panties couldn't hide. We decided mutual ignorance was the best plan.

She shook her head after the exam and pronounced that, with one exception, my body was as normal as any she had ever seen, at least on a woman.

"I just don't understand. I know of no normal process that could account for it. Yet I can see it right in front of my eyes."

"How long have we known each other, Christa?" asked my lover.

"You know darn well we met in third grade. You were a bridesmaid at my wedding. What's this leading up to?"

"It's leading up to an explanation you aren't going to like. It’s too long to tell right now, maybe it would be better to talk sometime this evening. I'm sure we've gone way overtime on this appointment."

"True. Is this a Doctor Talk or a Friend Talk?"

"I think it would be a friend talk, at least at first. Maybe you ought to come over to my place so we don't have to cope with the kids."

"Which will just thrill Greg, but he can cope."

"Seven sound OK."

"Sure. This better be good, Vonda."

"It will be interesting, that I guarantee. One more thing - I think my implant has gone missing."

"What? That can't happen."

Just like my boyfriend can't grow boobs in four days."

"Why? Why does this happen to me. I'll phone the radiologist so he can do a quick x-ray on you when your boyfriend gets his mammogram. God, that sounds weird!"

"Just you wait, Christa. It gets weirder."

 

No sense going over what we told Christa that evening since you already know what we said. She was just as skeptical as I would have been if the changes weren't happening on my body. We gave her copies of what we had found in the archives, took her over to the RV and showed her our new clothes and tried not to be too disappointed when she thought we were crazy.

Maybe we are, it's an open question, I think.

Friday: My First Mammogram

The first thing I noticed on Friday was two new jewelry boxes on the top of the dresser. Inside was a modest but beautiful collection of sparkly stuff. Someday soon I was going to have to learn the proper names for what I was now wearing.

My morning measure-in revealed that I was still a 36D, which was a relief, but I now had reached 38" around my hips. Overnight our friendly spectral haberdasher had been hard at work. The left hand drawer now contained my 36D bras and size six full cut panties, obviously for me, in an assortment of styles and colors colors. Did that mean she was through with my bustline? I certainly hoped so, there can be too much of a good thing.

The right drawer now had 40DD bras and size seven bikinis, the style that Vonda preferred, in those same styles and colors. Ditto the arrangement of camisoles, stockings, garter belts, pantyhose and other feminine frippery. Obviously our ghost had kept up with the times; women of Mrs Major's era wore stays and corsets, bras had not been invented in time for her to wear them.

I wasn't sure if I was relieved or miffed that there were no corsets. As a normal man I had enjoyed pictures of women in sexy corsets, even knowing that they were uncomfortable. If things went on as they were going we could buy our own corsets if the spirit moved us.

I know, it's a cheap joke. Sorry.

Amazing how quickly dressing as a women had become almost normal. I didn't even dither over what to wear - I wanted something easy to remove for the mammogram so that guided my choice.

For those of you who like to know such things I wore a plain white bra, a lightweight green knit sweater with the usual low neckline and a spring print skirt that ended just above my knees. No stockings, sandals in bare feet with toes & nails painted to match the outfit and a pair of fashion sandals with a one inch heel that had appeared overnight. Each day seemed to bring some new nuance to my life as a woman.

I almost forgot - an emerald pendant on a gold chain that dangled in my cleavage. Mrs Major seemed to like displaying my breasts, and I kind of got a kick out of it as well.

The radiology office was in the County Seat, a good hour's drive away. We left in plenty of time in Vonda's little car, leaving my trusty pickup at the new homestead.

I'm here to tell you that no matter how much I appreciated big-busted women in my former incarnation, having my very own D cup breasts squashed flat and x-rayed was no picnic. Those things are tender dammit!

Then some stern-faced technician shoved a needle the size of Don Quixote's lance into my right boob. I didn't quite scream but I think an enthusiastic yelp might describe the sound I made. He warned me about the bruising and I gingerly put my bra back on. Hooray for modern medical science!

Bouncing my wounded boob on the road back home just rubbed salt in the wound.

up
178 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"Just you wait, Christa. It gets weirder."

giggles. so it looks like its Vonda who will be preggers. I would love to see some kind of conversation with the ghost

DogSig.png

Eliminate the obvious...

Jamie Lee's picture

Christi may have a hard time believing their story about the curse, but she can't come up with a plausible explanation for Glen's changes. At some point, she'll have to accept what she was told, when the tests can't answer the "how" question.

Others have feelings too.

40DD bras and size seven bikini

BarbieLee's picture

Time OUT Ricky, you didn't do diligent research on women's sizes. I've seen a few naturally well endowed females in my life. What I haven't ever seen is anyone with the upper attic as describe, the basement is that tiny.
My suspicions are aroused Vonda is so accepting of all the changes and if it's her measurements described, is she in league with our friendly ghost? Glenda is sporting 36D this morning? The men these two well endowed ladies meet from now on are gong to go insane trying to decide which pair to stare at. Life is such a challenge isn't it?
Hugs Ricky,

if I get in touch with Vonda will she put in a good word with Rachel's Repose? I have a business plan to float by her. By the way doll, I need a long black suede riding skirt. Think culottes if one must. Picked up a long black skirt yesterday at OKC. I might have to work with that for court. I have the white embroidered and beaded blouse, black embroidered bolero jacket, silver concho belt, black cowgirl boots, but dang I did want to polish off the attire with the perfect skirt. Oh well.
Have your specter give me a call. I could use some help.
Barb
Have fun with life, it's too short to take seriously.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

My wife is a 32E but wears

My wife is a 32E but wears extra small everywhere else... it's a right pain to get her a bikini. No idea what it translates to in sizes but she has to buy separate tops and bottoms because any 'matched set' has no chance in hell of fitting.

Is Glen?

joannebarbarella's picture

Going to end up as a chick with a dick?

At the start of this tale

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

You mentioned that you are not much into horror/ghost stories but that you felt you should try to write one. You weren't sure you could pull it off.

Well, I'm not much into magical transformations, but I do enjoy a good ghost story. I nearly gave this story a pass but due to a short lull in the other stories I've been following, I decided to see what you had done with the idea. I'm treating the trans portion an incidental trope for the ghost story and focusing on the ghost story.

It's definitely ghost story and not a horror story. l'd say it was comedic ghost story along the lines of "Topper" What's more, you're doing a credible job of telling it.

I'm glad I decided to give it a read.

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt

Why doesn't Vonda just get a pregnancy test

Julia Miller's picture

from the drugstore? It would tell her immediately if she was pregnant, but I suppose the author wants to keep up the suspense. lol

Patience is a necessity

Pregnancy tests are unreliable in the first couple of weeks It takes time for the HCG to reach detectable levels.