This is Just A Test: Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 1. The table is set

"You cheated on me!"

Tim slapped his hand against his chest in disbelief.

"WHAT?" he blurted out. "What are you talking about?" he said with a dumbfounded look on his face.

"Don't even..." she scowled as she rummaged through her drawers looking for his shit. "I can SMELL her on you." She gathered together some of his boxer briefs and threw it in his face. They hit the floor in an undramatic way.

"No, I did not. This is your imagination!" he stated with certainty. He got down on his knees and started collecting his belongings as she threw his things from inside her bureau on her floor.

"And don't forget about THIS!" she screamed as she got on her bed.

"No - please, come ON!"

She tore down a vintage Sonic Youth poster and he grimaced as it turned from near mint to a piece of garbage.

"I can fix this I can fix this," he said. "This is no problem," as he stared in disbelief as she started looking around her small apartment for other stuff that he cared about. She turned towards his record collection.

"No no no no no, let's just talk about this."

She clicked her heels against the floor and she reached the shelves containing neatly collected and organized containers of valuable - at least to him - memorabilia.

He put his hand against her shoulder and she turned towards him.

"Well? What do you want to say?"

She looked hurt and angry. Her hair was unbrushed and brunette and swept against her forehead. Even though she was certainly uncomposed, her dress was flawless. She needed no make up, no accessories besides a simple necklace and some studs. She had natural beauty and she was in demand across campus.

"I didn't sleep with her," he reiterated. "I don't even know who HER is!"

"Too late! I know you were lying... I heard you sneak in last night!"

He sighed. "That's what this is about?" he turned away and went back to her bureau with his boxer briefs.

"That's what it's ALWAYS about!"

They went back and forth and back and forth about how he had a history of being untrustworthy. She automatically assumed that it was his philandering and his cheating, but really - he just liked to go out drinking and smoking and hanging out with his friends to game and socialize. The big picture is that he was immature - always was. And the truth is that she was the one doing all of the lying - at least lying by omission of the truth.

They both were graduate students. He was in biological sciences doing wet lab research with an absent Principal Investigator who was on sabbatical. He could enter and leave the lab at will and just needed to show up, take samples, do mundane work, and allow time to pass while the samples were being analyzed. She was an intern at a rising law firm... or at least that's what she told people. In actuality, she was an intern at the CIA involved in biological psych weapons research investigating the latest emerging technologies in mind control. At the CIA this was an old joke. There were a bunch of idiots in the 70s who were handed down the outdated and useless data from Sydney Gottlieb who was the head of MK Ultra, an old but influential division out of the agency. The idea was that you could take a bozo off the street, inject him with a powerful psychedelic convince him to commit an assassination or whatever desired espionage that you were hoping for, have him come in to debrief, and once injected with a detox solution, the idiot would forget about it leaving no suspicion and zero ties with the CIA.

Lisa Gottlieb was the great great niece of Sydney and she was ashamed of her relative who lacked the background and the intelligence to undertake such an initiative. She was brilliant, beautiful, and cunning. And she found the right chemical and the research showing that indeed - mind control could work. Lisa was 28 years old and nearing the end of her graduate school career. She was being funded by the tax payers to research these kinds of methods and these kinds of chemicals that could yield some powerful results. However, in this kind of science, it's all theoretical so she had no proof except in rodent findings. A few meetings ago, she prepared an exciting presentation to her superiors showing that her research and her hard work could lead to this kind of work. Of course, her superiors didn't really understand and just wanted to give her a desk job instead of providing more tax paying money to her endeavors. She needed a leap of faith from someone and some kind of amazing result from a test subject. That test subject just happened to her long term boyfriend Alex.

Alex was a nice guy, very respectful, very loyal. They were great for each other and Lisa knew it. They had been living together for about a year and a half and she knew that he didn't cheat on her. She knew exactly where he went on Thursdays. Always to his friend Bill's house to hang out, watch movies, play some games, smoke some weed, and just chill out. Then he might wander into the lab for some results, and just go back to her place to sleep. Very predictable.

This kind of personality was exactly the right kind of test subject she was looking for. The problem with Sydney Gottlieb's 'research' was that he was thinking too broadly. Meaning that any kind of idiot would be a great subject for this test environment. But thanks to modern science, many factors were involved including genetics, upbringing, age, political leanings, education, reading comprehension, and gullibility. As luck would have it, Alex had almost the right combination of factors that may prove that this kind of mind control would work.

It was August and in a few weeks, September would hit and then just as quickly Spring. If she couldn't show positive results by Spring, she would be delegated to a life and career of pushing pencils around and grabbing coffee. But with a test subject, she would be a rising star and would have her choice in roles at the Agency. She was excited and this was the opportunity. The table had been set.

It turned out that mind control can work. The only hiccup is that mind control works - but it's incremental. Major changes could be initiated but they had to be planned. They had to be set in stages. And the test subject would have to be convinced that it's not mind control, but instead, that it's a conscious choice. Contingencies would have to be placed, moles would have to be assigned, and strategies and planning would have to be coordinated. It's not rocket science, but as long as the right test subject is used, anything is possible. And she will prove it. Starting with Alex.

After two hours of arguing and fake tears were produced, Lisa said that she could forgive but not forget the transgression that Alex committed. He failed to convince her of his innocence and at the end, she could only be placated by his admission - not of cheating - but of failing to be the man for Lisa. He had failed to live up to her expectations of being the right man to be her boyfriend, to eventually be her fiance, to be her husband, and perhaps be the father to her children. She said she wanted him out of her life. Forever. And she would make it her life's goal to ruin him, his reputation, and his fledgling career.

She made a phone call to his mother to inform her that he was a cheater and that she had proof. Alex had to witness this terrible act... however, this was all planned. Alex's mother was anticipating a phone call like this thanks to Lisa's planning. Other elements were in place as well and the dominoes were set and the spark had been lit.

"Please don't do this!" Alex begged.

She had started a letter to the dean claiming that he had harassed her and that she felt unsafe thanks to his presence. She had drafted tweets and thanks to her social medial prominence, he was on the verge of being 'me-too'd.' He would have to return to his mom's house to live in exile and infamy and shame.

"PLEASE! Is there anything I can do? ANYTHING?," he begged.

"Not a chance," she spat.

An hour of pleading passes.

"ANYTHING!" At this point, he was on his knees and tears and snot were streaming from his eyes and nose.

"Well - you have two choices... either your life is ruined, or you can agree to a major change."

"I'LL DO IT!' he agreed without even knowing what he agreed to.

Lisa already gave the drug to Alex that morning. The fact that he agreed to something with no preconditions attached means that the drug and the method were working. After a lengthy discussion, she said that the only way that she would make amends with him is if he agreed to pretend to be a woman for two weeks of his life. We won't bore you with the back and forth and the confusion about why this would be the apt punishment but only that Alex had agreed. He was totally confused but as long as the end result would be the two of them resuming their healthy and normal relationship, he could pretend to be a fucking furry.

"Ok, ok! I'll be a chick! Fine! THANK YOU!"

Lisa almost burst out laughing. He even thanked her for doing this. She had her work cut out, however.

"Um.... I hate to ask this but..."

Lisa wanted to know what he was going to ask. "Yessss?"

"It's temporary, right?"

She shook her head in his innocent question. "Of course! Unless you happen to enjoy being a 'chick.' In which case, why would I object?"

"Well - why is this the right punishment... my being a woman for two weeks."

"It's not me who is deciding this! It's you who is choosing this!" she pointed her finger at his chest. "Unless you want the alternative?"

"NOPE - woman it is," he declared. "Where's my dress?"

"Not so easy," she stopped. "The agreement is that you'll be a woman for two weeks, not to pretend to be a woman."

"I don't get it... you want me to be a woman, not pretend to be a woman. Well how do I be a woman?"

"Happy you asked!" Lisa had a grand plan but she wasn't about to share it with her victim. In her grand scheme, the two week period of his being a woman will be in late summer/early fall. It's perfect. That way, she'll be able to share progress with her managers at the CIA and set the table for a full time position coinciding with her graduation from the university.

"This going to be so stupid! I'm never going to convince anyone - much less you - that I'm a woman! Look at me!" She did. He was white, youthful looking, no scars, brown short hair, normal stubble. He had kind eyes but had feminine features that made him likable. There was nothing manly about him but nothing necessary feminine about him either.

"You'll be a great girl!" she reassured him.

"I'm not worried about being a a great girl... I'm worried about just the grand scheme of things. Why can't we just do this and get it over with right now?"

"Because it won't work. It just won't work. We'll start with what we can and just work from there, ok?"

"And what happens when we get to my junk?" he pointed to his crotch. "It's not like these are just going to vanish, you know."

"Actually, science has a way of making those vanish," she said coyly.

"The fuck are you talking about... vanish?"

She laughed - "Don't worry about it! It's only two weeks so what's your worry?"

"But when is my cock going to just vanish?" and he wouldn't shut up about his penis and his balls. But that's the least of his worries.. and she meant least.

up
99 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Boo

EOM


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin