Heroes For Hire Chp. 6

Printer-friendly version

Stacy’s patience finally paid off. She knew sooner or later one of Stalker’s team would have to come into town. She spotted the youngest of their team. She was out shopping with their paramedic, the one known as Peyton.

She managed to slip a GPS tracker on them and tracked them back to a ranch. She knew she wouldn’t be able to enter the ranch. The place had a security gate that you had to enter a code and she spotted several cameras as well.

Stacy watches as Peyton and the one known as Jessie enters and drive down the long driveway. She sits on her motorcycle and thinks about the best way to approach Stalker. She could try sneaking in and it might work, or she could be upfront about her intentions.

Stacy decides that being up front to stalker and his team that it might be the best route to take. She starts her motorcycle up and drives over towards the gate. She presses the call button and waits for someone to answer.

Ranch House:
Larka was walking towards the kitchen when he heard the buzzer for the gate buzz. He walks over to the monitor to see who was at the gate. All he could see was a person wearing a tight black suit that covered their body riding a custom motorcycle. He notices that the person was a woman from the way the suit covered their chest. The person had on a black motorcycle helmet.

“What can I do for you, ma’am?” Larka wonders who she was.

“It’s not what you can do for me, but what I can do for you.” Stacy hopes whoever it was will let her in.

“What do you mean, what you can do for me? Who are you?” Larka was curious about this woman.

“Look, its better if I talk to whoever you are. I think Striker will want to know this information.” Stacy glances at the camera. She still had her visor down, to filter the sunlight. She wonders who she was talking too.

Larka looks at the image of the woman on the monitor. His watches her and switches to another camera that was hidden that gave him a different view of the driveway and road. He didn’t see any other cars or people waiting for him to open the gate.

Stacy watches as the gate opens

“Follow, the driveway till you come to the end. Someone will meet you when you arrive.”

Stacy drives down the driveway. She follows the smooth driveway up towards the main house. Standing outside waiting for her, was a humanoid wolf looking person and a big muscular guy dressed in a black t-shirt and black jeans. His hair was cut military style.

She pulls up to the house and parks her motorcycle. She turns the engine off and dismounts from the motorcycle. She leaves her helmet on but raises the visor. There was enough shade to block some of the suns, so she could see.

Stalker and Larka watch as a woman wearing a skin-tight black leather outfit pulls up to the house and parks. Her black boots came up mid-calf. They could tell the leather body suit that covered her body was tight. It showed every curve of her body. They notice there was a zipper in the lower part of her back.

As she walks towards them, they notice as she lifts the visor on her helmet. They could only see her bright violet eyes. Once she was out of the sunlight. They watch as she removes her helmet.

Standing before them was a cute pale woman with silver-white hair. Her hair came half-way down her back.

“Hi, I’m Stacy and we need to talk Mr. Striker and I presume that you are Mr. Larka.” Stacy looks at Larka.

“Do I know you, Mrs. Stacy?” Striker wonders who this silver-white hair woman was and why they needed to talk.

“No, we have never met, but I think what I have learned about you and your team will interest you. The abilities you have weren’t by accident. Just like mine weren’t.” Stacy just looks at the two men standing before her. She wonders where the rest of the team were.

“What proof do you have to back-up what you are saying?” Larka couldn’t smell anything from her.

The skintight leather suit she was wearing covered her whole body. Her hands were covered in gloves that fitted her hand like rubber gloves.
The only smell he was getting was the smell of the leather.

Stacy removes the thumb drive tuck down into the suit from around her neck. She holds it up “everything you need to know, is on this drive.”
“Alright, let’s see what you got. Please follow me.” Striker escorts Stacy into the house.

Stacy glances at the place as she walks inside with Striker in front of her and Larka behind her. The house itself seemed to be of an older design. She was no expert on the architect, but the home seemed like it has been around for ages. It had a rustic feel to it.

She is lead to an office that had a huge man-made Mahogany desk with a huge dark leather high back chair behind it. There were two dark leather chairs in front of the desk. She noticed that he had an all in one desktop on his desk. Judging from the make of it, it was an HP computer.

Striker sits down in his chair and watches as the woman sits down in the right-hand leather chair, while Larka stood nearby. Both men were watching the young woman. She looked to be in her late teens/ the early twenties. The skin on her face was pale white and she had bright violet eyes.

“Now, what don’t you explain from the being on why you are here and how you managed to track me and my group down?” Striker had to hand it to her.

Stacy takes a deep breath before she begins “I’ve been tracking a gentleman that has been trying to recruit me since my abilities first manifest themselves. He has been in the background of everything that has happened to me so far.”

“How does that have any bearing on what you found out about me and my people?” Striker wanted to know how her story or life had anything to do with his group.

“Let’s just say I was an engineer, just like you and your people.” Stacy found the information interesting, to say the least.

“What’s so special about you?” Larka was wondering what made her so special.

“Let’s just say I can get into any locked room without any tools.” Stacy had a smile on her youthful looking face.

“How?” Larka was curious now.

Stacy stands up and concentrate on her ability and walk right through his body. She exists behind him and turns around to face him and Striker.

“Like that.” There was a playful smile on her face.

Larka had felt a tingling sensation when she went through his body. It felt weird and creepy as he watched and felt her pass through his body.

“You can pass through an objects?” Larka was curious.

“Yes, so far there isn’t any material I can’t pass through.” Stacy has tested her abilities against a few items.

“How about other items. Can you make other objects pass through other materials like yourself?” Striker was curious about how her ability worked.

“I have to be carrying it. If I let, go of the object while I am passing through say a wall or something. It becomes part of the wall.” Stacy picks a pencil up off Strikers desk and passes it through and then let go of it. It stays right where it is.

Larka tries to pull it out, but it doesn’t budge. He looks on the other side of the desk and could see the point of it. He just looks at her, because he was impressed with her.

“What happens if you do that to a person?” Larka had some idea, but he wanted to confirm it.

“I don’t know, but if I had to guess. They would die from me letting go of them inside an object.” Stacy hasn’t phased anyone else with her.

“So, you have gifts. What do your gifts have anything to do with me and my team?” Striker wanted to know how what she has had anything to do with his team.

“Take a look at these files and it will answer all your questions.” Stacy hands the thumb drive to him.

Striker accepts the thumb drive and accesses its files. He couldn’t believe how many files there were or how much they knew of each member of his team. They didn’t have much on Jerry, because unlike everyone else. He got his abilities from a meteorite from space.

Larka walks around the desk to look at the information as well. He couldn’t believe all the information they had on everyone. There were medical reports about Jessie and the genetic engineering they had done to her DNA while she was inside her mother.

A grin appears on his wolf looking face when he saw what they called the team. Striker and Larka continued to look through the material and wonder how she got all of it. They look at Stacy as she was sitting in the same chair she had sat in previously.

“How did you manage to get your hand on this information?” Striker was curious how she got it.

“I followed the man that has been watching me throughout the years and broke into his place. Once I had what I wanted, I left. I have the
original’s in a safe place.” Stacy had them in her safe in her RV.

There was a knock on the office door.

“Enter.”

Charlie walks in and looks at the strange looking woman, Larka and Striker “April, says that lunch is ready, if your hungry.”

Stacy had glanced at the person who came into the office. She was surprised to see a young mouse girl. She wonders where Striker found her. There was no mention of her in the files she took.

Charlie was still nervous around other people. She was still afraid someone might hurt her. She and Larka had talked about how they look, and he told her if she ever needs to talk to him. He was more than willing to listen.

Striker looks at Charlie “Charlie, can you ask April to set one more place, please?”

“Yes, sir.” Charlie wonders who the other woman was.

Charlie leaves Striker’s office and heads towards the kitchen to inform April. She wonders if the person in Striker’s office is going to join the team. She spots April putting everything in separate serving bowls.

“Striker wants to know if you could set another place.” Charlie walks over and grabs another plate from the cabinet and sets another space at the table.

“I think we can accommodate his request.” She smiles as she watches Charlie set a place for their visitor.

Dr. Greene had to go to the clinic. One of her patients was having problems. So, the staff called her to come in.

Charlie normally spends her time with Jessie. Jessie was down at the obstacle course running it under Jerry’s watchful eyes. Striker had told everyone on the team that they needed to run the obstacle course. Jessie wasn’t allowed to use her abilities on the course, neither was Jerry either.

After a few minutes, Striker, the woman she saw in the office and Larka come walking into the dining room. Jessie, Jerry, and Peyton come walking in as well. Charlie notices that Jessie had a slight limp to her walk.

April and Charlie had made Tacos, Burrito’s and nacho’s for lunch. There were Spanish rice and refried beans as well.

Stacy sits between Larka and April. She does take her gloves off before she starts eating.

up
192 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting 'gift'/power she

Interesting 'gift'/power she has to be able to phase through walls, objects and even people. Could definitely be a big plus for the entire team.

Phasing

NoraAdrienne's picture

Does anyone remember a Superman episode back in the black and white days where Superman "vibrated" his body so fast he was able to go thru a wall?

Phasing

mountaindrake's picture

Yes and in the comic and the cartoon...But so did the Flash.

Have a good day and enjoy life.

There are already enough

characters I'm going to have trouble tracking them all. I have to wonder what special abilities the mouse girl might have?I think it might have been a mistake not giving her a normal life.

Ghost

Jamie Lee's picture

Since Stacy can go through any material, so far, if someone wanted to trap her what would they use to contain her? Has she tried going through an electrified object?

Maybe Jessie can charge a wall so they could see if Stacy could pass thru.

Others have feelings too.