Travel Through Time and Space Part 1

Printer-friendly version

“Woo-hoo! That’s how it’s supposed to be done Ghost.” as a young woman with short red hair moves the joystick in her hands and barely misses the side of the mountain.

A smile appears on her youthful face as she looks at the HUD display in front of her and follows the terrain with her eyes as she slams on the throttle for more speed. The speed indicator on the HUD system goes from Mach 2 to Mach 4.5 as the plane she is in speeds up without any problems.

“Pat, the base commander is trying to get in touch with you.” As a male sounding robotic generated voice fills the cockpit.

“Man, now what does General Seymour want with me?” as Pat mentally actives the radio com unit built into her helmet.

“Alpha base to Ghost Commander, come in Ghost Commander” as a strong sounding male voice fills the cockpit.

“Ghost Commander here, go ahead Alpha base.” Pat pulls back on the throttle and slows the Ghost fighter.

“Are you done showboating out there Patricia?”

“Who me? Oh, come on General you know I don’t showboat.” as a mischevious smile appears on Pat’s face.

“Then why did every Airport tower from here to the West coast picked you up and said that some crazy person must be flying?”

“He’s got you there, Pat.” Ghost robotic voice fills the cockpit again.

“Mmm!! I’m not sure General. I guess because I got so caught up in testing the new inertia dampers on Ghost. That I didn’t realize his stealth systems were offline.” Pat relaxes some and mentally, switches to the autopilot while she is talking to the General.

“Well, I need for you to check out a disturbance over the North Pole. We’re getting some type of weird energy reading from one of the satellites over the pole.”

“Okay, I’m changing course now and should be there in about twenty minutes.” Pat mentally changes the flight course of the Ghost craft and watches as the course shows up on the HUD display.

“Be careful Pat and next time remembers to use Ghost stealth systems, Alpha base out.” as the radio goes dead.

“Alright Ghost engage stealth system. Let’s go and see what this disturbance is.” Pat watches as the new navigation data appears on the HUD system.

“Stealth system engaged and course set.” Ghost robotic voice comes across Pat internal radio in her helmet.

“Then engage, warp factor 3” Pat mentally increases speeds towards the coordinates she was given.

She’s flown over the polar poles several times and never encounter anything out of the ordinary. She wonders what could be going on now. She glances at the flight speed on the HUD system and the sensor readings she was getting. There was a major energy disturbance going on.

“Ghost, slow down to cruising speed and analyze the disturbance before us.” Pat watches the energy readings she was getting on the HUD system.

There were major spikes of dimensional energies coming from the tear in the fabric of space over the North Pole. She mentally causes her fighter to get closer but stays at a safe distance.

“Ghost, what do you make of this?” Pat was watching the sensor readings that were appearing before her on the HUD system.

She was no expert and didn’t hold any degrees in dimensional physics or anything, but even she felt that something was wrong with this.
Pat could feel her fighter being pulled forward towards the rift. She kicks in the braking thrusters to slow her pull towards the energy, but it wasn’t slowing her down. Pat causes her fighter to spin completely around and kick in her main thrusters.

She was still fighting the pull, but it wasn’t pulling her free. She increases the throttle to full burn and warning system started to sound.

“Pat, were starting to lose structural integrity. I suggest engaging the forcefield.” Ghost was monitoring the structural integrity of his body and even with him reinforcing the frame. The force of the pull from the rift was getting to be to much even for him. He couldn’t engage his hyperdrive or he would be torn apart.

“Engaging force field.” Pat gives the mental command and the force field comes on-line surrounding the fighter.

“Pat, we’re being pulled through the rift.” Ghost couldn’t do anything as they get pulled through the tear in space.

Pat prepares herself for the weird disturbance as her fighter starts shutting down around her. She switches to her suits life support systems as life support shuts down in the fighter. She feels the force field drop as soon as the main power goes off-line.

She feels Ghost shut down as his presences leaves her mind. It felt weird with him not there. After a while, her fighter pops back into normal space. She couldn’t tell where she was or how far she was from the planet. All she knew, she was floating upside down and was powerless.

She reaches out with her ability and manages to get the main reactor of the fighter to reactivate. Power starts coming back on and soon Ghost himself was back online. She reestablishes her connection to his artificial brain.

“Welcome back partner.” Patricia manages to get her fighter righted.

“Thanks. I’m doing a system check now. All systems are operating within normal parameters.”

“Can you lock onto any navigation satellites or anything and find out where the hell we are?” Pat wanted to know.

Ghost scans the nearby satellites and picks one. It was a military satellite, for the United States. He searches its operating system and finds out what date, time and year it was. He checks other nearby satellites as well, to confirm what he has found out.

Pat could feel Ghost hacking into a nearby satellite. There was nothing she couldn’t feel him do because of their connection. She activates their stealth systems. Even if something was capable of picking Ghost up on their radar, he would show as a ghost image.

“What have you found out partner?” Pat was looking out her cockpit window into space.

“You’re not going to like this Pat. We have been thrown back at least twenty years to 2018, August.” Ghost had confirmed it from several nearby satellites.

“You have got to be kidding me. We were sent back in time?” Pat double checks Ghost and confirms the date and time frame.

“Dam! I hate time travel. I haven’t even been born yet and you are still on your first prototype.” Pat remembered that the company that
constructed Ghost went through several different versions before they picked his current design and turned him into a Starfighter. She was the only person capable of handling him, both mentally and physically.

“What do you want to do, Pat?” Ghost knew they couldn’t land at an Air Force base or any other military bases. Not even area 51 would let him or Pat leave once they realized what he and she are capable of.

“We’re going to have to take the risk of hiding out at the company that built you. Technically, you are still their property and I can’t really land you at a military base in this time. Too many questions would be asked.” Pat knew the owner of the company that built Ghost, kept his design quiet from them. Most of his systems are based off an alien vessel found in Egypt under a temple dedicated to the Egyptian goddess Isis.
Patricia sets her communication system to the private coded frequency that Aero Flight Industries uses. She hopes Mrs. Blake is available.
She knows how busy she gets sometimes.

“Ghost Commander to Janet Blake, please come in Mrs. Blake.” Pat waits a few minutes to see if she was going to answer.

Aero Flight Industries:

Ivy was walking by her mother’s communication room when she hears a request for her mother. She walks in to see who it was.

“Please repeat your request.” Ivy wonders who this Ghost Commander is.

Ghost Craft:
“Ivy, is that you? I need to speak with your mother. I need permission to land Ghost in his hangar.” Pat hopes Ivy was going to inform her mother.

Ivy was surprised when the person spoke her name “do I know you?”

Aero Flight Industries:
“Yes and no, Ivy. I need to speak to your mother. It’s an emergency. Can you grab her please?” Pat was hoping Ivy would grab her mother’s attention.

“Hold on.” Ivy didn’t know what was going on, but this person knew her name and knew this frequency.

Ivy walks out of the communication center and down to her mother’s office, where her and Tammie White were. She knocks on the door, before entering.

Janet looks up when she hears someone knock on her office door “enter!”

Ivy walks in and notices both her parents watching her as she walks in. She closes the door behind her.

“Mom, there’s a person called Ghost Commander asking for you. She said something about needing to land something called Ghost in his hangar.” Ivy didn’t know if there was a project they have called Ghost.

Both Janet and Tammie look directly at their daughter. No one other then they and the twins were the only ones that knew about project Ghost. Hell, he was still on the drawing board.

“Did you say Ghost? And who is calling for me?” Janet walks from around her desk to her youngest daughter.

Ivy looks into her mother’s blue eyes. Her mom was like her twin sister. They both had blue eyes.

“Yes, ma’am and the person was calling themselves Ghost Commander.” Ivy wonders who the person was.

“I better investigate this matter.” Janet walks back over to her desk and reroutes the signal to her desk.

“This is Janet Blake; can you please tell me how you got this frequency and identify who you are, please?” Janet was waiting.

Tammie was standing near her wife wanting to hear who this person was as well.

Ghost Fighter:
“You gave me the frequency when I first came to work for you. As for my call sign, you gave that to me as well, when you had me try out to fly a starfighter you codename Ghost. Look, it’s a long story and I could really use your help right now.” Pat could understand why Mrs. Blake wouldn’t understand her.

Aero Flight Industries: Janet Blakes office
Janet looks towards Tammie “what do you think?”

“I think we need to find out more about this young lady and the starfighter she calls Ghost. Find out where she wants to land, and I’ll have guards waiting to meet her.” Tammie starts walking towards her weapons locker and putting on her custom armor and weapons Janet designed for her.

“Look, if you really do work for me, what coordinates do you have for your fighter to land at?” Janet needed to know to send Tammie and the security team to meet her.

Ghost Fighter:
Patricia sends the coordinates of the hangar that Ghost was kept in when they were back at Aero Flight.

Aero Flight Industries:
Janet looks at the coordinates and notices that was an empty hangar that they were planning on building project Ghost in. This intrigued her greatly.

“Alright, Ghost Commander. Proceed to the hangar. What direction are you coming from?” Janet was curious because she wasn’t sure if she needed to use the runway they had.

Ghost Starfighter:
“I’m currently passing over Russia as we speak. I should be landing in about twenty minutes. Ghost Commander out.”

Twenty Minutes Later:
Tammie, Janet, Ivy and twenty security personnel watch as a Fighter craft with a ghost looking like Rambo smoking a cigar hovers over the opening and starts descending into the hangar. Anything that was laying on the floor or around the area started to lift off the floor and then fall back down once the fighter’s wheels touch the floor.

Patricia was watching everyone as Ghost lands and starts shutdown procedures. Patricia lowers the bottom half of the nose of the craft. She removes her helmet, so everyone could see who she was.

Everyone watches as the lower half of the fighter they saw landed lowers down the pilot. They watch as she takes her helmet off, revealing a short red haired girl wearing a special design flight suit. She had a patch on her right shoulder of the American flag and on her left shoulder she had a patch of Rambo looking Ghost smoking a cigar. On the front of her flight suit, it said Earth Defense Force with USAF underneath it. The flight suit had her name in neon blue letters as Patricia MacQuien. The woman didn’t even look like she was out of her teens yet.

A few minutes later, a metallic size basketball comes lifting out of the fighter and hovers near her. It looks over towards the gather people. It recognized everyone present in the hangar.

Patricia takes a deep breath as she looks towards Tammie and Janet. The last time she saw them, Janet had weird eyes from touching something she shouldn’t have, and Tammi was a little older then she was, but still as deadly. As for Ivy, she had her daughter Casey in her arms while visiting her mother.

“So, you are Ghost Commander and you say I constructed this fighter?” Janet was looking at the metallic basketball floating near Pat. She could tell it was her design.

“Yes ma’am, you and three of your children design Ghost. This is his fourth and final redesign.” Patricia could see that Janet was intrigued.

“And you’re his pilot?” Tammi wonders why they would put someone so young in charge of an advanced fighter.

“Yes ma’am, you had other pilots for his previous designs, but no one had my special gift.” Patricia knew the only reason she had been picked
to be his pilot, because of her gifts. The doctors her mother took her too performed tests on her had found out she could control anything that was electronic.

“What type of gift do you possess that the military would put you in control of such a fighter?” Tammi still wanted to know more about her.
A smile appears on Patricia’s face. She causes all their cell phones to start ringing.

“I can control electronics. If it has a microchip or is computerized in any way, I can control it. It also allows me to merge with Ghost here, so the two of us become one person. That’s why you picked me to be his partner. I am also physically more suited to withstand the high G’s and react to his controls like they are part of my body. I was born with extremely fast reflexes.” Pat wonders what was going through their minds.

“Why don’t we go upstairs to my office so Ms. MacQuien can explain how she got here.” Janet looks towards Tammi when she says this.

“I agree. George, this hangar is off limits to all personnel. I want this place locked down.” Tammi leads everyone upstairs to Janet’s office.

up
310 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

How does that work?

How does traveling throw time and space?

My spelling

Was off like usual.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Shit Happens

You can scrutinize your work dozens of times and there'll be at least one typo that gets through. It's practically a law of nature.

Ban nothing. Question everything.

It's a...

It's a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.

8/5/18? Could have been worse

8/5/18? Could have been worse.
The best way to find typos, is to post your story. Don't worry, it will be pointed out. ^J^

A truly advanced

Fighter from the future. Seems like it is in danger of erasing itself from reality.

Now this story has a really cool concept.

WillowD's picture

And, yes, I know there are a lot of go back in time stories out there. This one was done in a particularly cool way. I hope we get to see more of these characters. Do they already exist in any of Lady Dragon's other stories?

Janet Blake

is Wldfire’s aunt. She’s been mentioned a few times.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Ooooooh! This one is going

Ooooooh! This one is going to be really fun, I can tell. Can't wait for the next chapter to see what everyone learns. Time will tell I guess. :-)

Great start

Jamie Lee's picture

Nothing like going from point F to point C to start this type of story. The problem with traveling back in time isn't surviving the event, but surviving contact with those in the past who will have a whole lot of questions and even more suspicion.

Others have feelings too.