Burger Queen Chp. 3

Printer-friendly version

Alissa, Bobby, Gregory were unloading the food for the last-minute banquet request. They had been called by the banquet manager of the Sea Bird Motel. They needed a bunch of the standard banquet foods. An order of wings, meatballs, mini-hot dogs, lumpia and devil eggs. She also does a few cheese and cracker plates, spring rolls, oven roasted potatoes, vegetable plate, and salads. She and Gregory had to rush everything to get it done and ready for in the time frame they gave her. She made sure the food was cooked properly.

They had fifteen minutes to get everything set-up and ready for the group. Alissa was kicking herself for taking a last-minute rush job. She knew better than to do this. Her instructors had warned her about doing jobs like this, but with some help. She managed to get everything cooked and loaded up in the serving trays.

Now the three of them were scrambling to set the serving trays up. They managed to get everything set-up on all the tables. The last sterno can have just been lit when everyone came in.

“Wow, that was close.” Bobby watches as hundred plus people started coming in and mingle.

“Yes, it was.” Alissa was watching as people got food from the trays and platters.

“How did you know what foods to prepare for this?” Bobby was curious about how Alissa knew which banquet foods to make.

“I would say experience, but I would be lying. I had the banquet manager send over what he wanted.” A playful smile appears on her face.

“Oh, you are good.” Bobby couldn’t believe how Alissa played her.

“Here, takes this tray over there and refill the wings. I’ll get the lumpia and cheese platter.” Alissa had spotted the empty platter and wings.

For the next two hours, Alissa and her crew stayed busy. As they were working, an idea strikes Alissa as she was cleaning up the wing tray.
She pulls her cell phone out and records the idea of a buffalo burger. She could make the burger itself out of ground chicken formed into a patty. She could add the sauce to the mixture of chopped chicken meat, 2 egg whites lightly beaten, combine with the panko breadcrumbs.

“Watch you writing?” Gregory was looking over Alissa’s shoulder.

“An idea for one of the burgers. The buffalo chicken burger. We could offer the same sauce that we offer for the wings.” Alissa looks over her shoulder at Gregory.

“We better leave the suicide off the menu or you’ll have to get a signature every time you sell it.” Gregory knew every time they sold the suicide they had to get a release. The suicide was offered to their customers who loved extremely hot items.

“I think that might be the best thing to do. Leave the suicide off the menu. Less legal problems to deal with.” Another idea pops into her head.

“The Hawaiian burger might be another good idea. Chopped pork formed into a burger with a ring of grilled pineapple.” Alissa looks at Gregory to see what he thought.

“Why don’t you cook up a few of these ideas and we’ll see how they taste.” Gregory figures they could try the burgers out first.

“I’ll do that.” Alissa gets back to work.

For the next few days, the catering business stays busy. They had three weddings, seven parties and four birthday parties to do. Alissa had gotten everyone she knew to help. She couldn’t believe how many functions they had. She had to split her little team up three times.

By the time her crew is finish with all their events. They were tired. Alissa wonders how she is going to run the food truck and the catering business at the same time. She’s going to need both.

As she is cleaning the kitchen up and putting away the last of the leftovers from the party she just got done doing. It was three in the morning. She was tired and ready to hit the hay.

Gregory comes walking in “this is the last load.”

Gregory walks into the deep freezer and put the leftovers in. They will take all the full trays down to the shelter down the street. The client had
ordered more then they needed. The reason Alissa and company had the leftovers, was the client couldn’t store what was left and told Alissa to keep what was left.

“Thank goodness. I am so tired right now.” Alissa collapse in a nearby chair. Her feet were hurting her and were ready to fall asleep.

“I know what you mean.” Gregory collapses in another chair. He leans back and closes his eyes.

Alissa looks over towards Gregory when she hears him starting to snore. She just smiles as she forces herself to get up out of the chair. She walks over and lightly shake Gregory.

“Wake-up sleepy head.”

Gregory jerks awake “was I snoring?”

“Yes, come on. You can sleep with me tonight.” Alissa helps Gregory up out of the chair and into the house.

She heads back outside to make sure the garage was locked, and the alarm system was armed. Once she was done doing that, she heads back inside and up to her bedroom. Gregory was already there and undressing when she walked in.

She strips out of her clothes and slip her nightshirt on and crawl into bed. She could already hear Gregory lightly snoring. She closes her eyes and drifts off to la, la, land.

When she wakes up the next morning. She finds herself being held by Gregory and could feel his stiff manhood pressed against her butt. This wasn’t the first time the two of them have slept together or even had sex together. She snuggles closer to Gregory as she feels his arm tighten around her waist. She closes her eyes again and falls back asleep. She wakes back up when she feels the bed move and Gregory’s arm let go of her waist. She turns to lay on her back as she watches him race to the bathroom.

While she is waiting for him to come back in. She slips her nightshirt and panties off. she wonders if Gregory is up to some bed wrestling. It’s not like she has to worry about getting pregnant.

Gregory comes back into the room and slips back into bed next to Alissa. He discovers that she had taken her nightshirt and panties off.

“I wonder what you have in mind?” As he starts kissing and caressing her.

She winces when he enters her. He was bigger than her opening, but she didn’t care. For the next two hours, they enjoy each other’s body. She rests against his chest feeling satisfied and peaceful.

Gregory holds Alissa as she rested against his chest. He knew her past but didn’t care. He has always cared for her and he knew she felt the same. They have always tried to pretend they were just friends with others, but maybe they should try to be a couple. He strokes her spine and gets a little purr from her.

He glances at the digital clock on her nightstand and notices it is two in the afternoon. He looks down at her as she rested against his chest.

“You know it’s two in the afternoon, don’t you?”

Alissa glances up and looks over towards her digital clock.

“I don’t want to get up.” She lays her head back down on his chest.

Gregory just chuckles at her statement. He rubs her back.

“Come on sleepy head. We need to get up and take the trays down to the shelter.”

Alissa slowly gets out of bed. She was so sore from having sex, but she enjoyed every minute of it. She heads to the bathroom and takes a shower. Gregory went to the other bathroom to take a shower as well. She knew if they took one together, they wouldn’t be just taking a shower.

She heads back to the bedroom and starts getting dress. Since the weather was cold out. She slips on a pair of skinny jeans and a black turtleneck long sleeve shirt. She brushes her hair out as she blows dries it.

A few minutes later Gregory comes walking back in “do I have any clean clothes here?”

“Yep, third drawer down.” She slips her black furry boots on.

Gregory goes over and pulls out what he has inside the drawer. He gets dress in clean clothes. He finishes getting dress and joins Alissa as she heads down to the garage to start loading the trays in the van.

“Only load the unopen trays, Gregory.” Alissa carries a few trays out to the van.

“Gotcha.” Gregory grabs a few more trays.

Altogether they had close to twenty trays from their various events that they had set aside for the shelter. Alissa grabs a couple packages of paper plates she had on hand as well.

“I’m driving.” Gregory grabs the keys from the back door and hops into the driver seat.

Alissa hops into the passenger seat. She watches as Gregory drives the van down to Saint Margaret’s. They park in the parking lot.

“I’ll go and see who is here.” Alissa heads towards the shelter entrance.

She knocks on the door and waits a few minutes. She knocks again on the door again. A few minutes later she spots Rachel coming towards the door.

Rachel heard someone knocking at the shelter door. Most of the homeless and less fortunate they feed knew they didn’t open for dinner for a few more hours. As she gets closer to the door and looks through the reinforced window in the door. She spots Alissa standing on the other side of the door. She knew she had a catering business and normally donated food and such to the shelter.

“Hey Alissa, what can I do for you?” Rachel was happy to see her friend.

“I have some food for you to give out.”

“Thank you, Alissa. You don’t know how much this means to the shelter.” Rachel had been worried they might not enough food for tonight.

“You’re welcome Rachel. If you could go and bring a few carts back, it will help.” It would take her and Gregory a while to move all the food.

“Give me a few minutes.” Rachel closes the door and heads towards the kitchen to grab a few carts.

She props the door open and walks with Alissa to her van. Gregory opens the van doors and helps load the trays from the van to the carts. The total amount of trays they unloaded was eighteen.

“What happens? Did you burn the food again?” Rachel has only seen Alissa bring this much food when she burned or overcooked something.

“No. This is left over from a few of my clients. There’s potato salad,Coleslaw, baked beans, string bean casserole, barbeque chicken, hot wings, onion rings, egg rolls, beef stir-fry, and a few other dishes. I label each one, so you’ll know.” Alissa wanted to make sure Rachel knew what was on each tray.

“Thank you so much, Alissa.” Rachel hugs Alissa and Gregory.

“If you ever needs anything Rachel. Just call me. You and the shelter helped me and my uncle out a lot when we were going through a bad time. I want to repay what you did for us.” Alissa had just moved in with her uncle and he had come down with a nasty bug.

She didn’t know how to cook and because he wasn’t working because of his sickness. They didn’t have money to buy any food and the electricity was about to be turned off. The shelter stepped in and helped them out. They paid the electric bill and sent meals down to her uncle. She had learned that he would donate his time and food to the shelter.

“You don’t need to do that, Alissa, but I do appreciate the offer.” Rachel liked Alissa a lot. She wishes that her daughter had turned out like Alissa.

A helper comes out to help Rachel bring everything in. They take everything inside the shelter.

“So, what do you want to do next?”

“What don’t we go to the market and grab some ingredients for dinner tonight. I also want to try and make some of those burgers I suggested yesterday?” Alissa hops in on the passenger side.

“Sounds like a plan.” Gregory gets in and heads towards the outside market.

up
265 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments