Mister Nibs and Mouse: 5

Printer-friendly version

Mister Nibs and Mouse

copyright 2011 Faeriemage

Sometimes the most ordinary people are extraordinary. Sometimes they aren't even people at all.


AUTHOR'S NOTE:I apologize for the shortness of this chapter. It is all the story that needed to be told in this chapter however.


I was awakened the next morning by the smell of fresh blueberry pancakes. I smiled as I remember getting these any time I was sick. . .as a child. My smile went away.

I hadn't gotten them in bed since the first time I visited "Dr. Jacobs."

"Is this supposed to get into my good graces, Mom?"

"No, this is to let you know I remember. These were your favorite, and a comfort food for you. I thought. . .you never wanted them any more after you visited that doctor. You changed so much, Abbie."

My Mom was crying, holding the tray of pancakes and boysenberry syrup. My stomach rumbled. One little taste wouldn't. . .

"I'll just take them. . ."

"No, you can leave them, if you want. I mean, I am hungry after all."

"Maybe we could talk while you eat?"

"Mom, I know from your actions over the past twenty-six years that you meant me no harm. I know you love me. Right now I don't care. My heart is the part of me that's railing against this. I don't feel loved."

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm so sorry," she was crying as she left and all I could think was 'good.'

I began to eat my pancakes, but they tasted like ash in my mouth. I had achieved no victories here. All I had done was alienate the only person who really understood what was going on with me.

I was so conflicted. Did I just leave? Did I just tell her I didn't care about all that?

I felt a warm body leap into my lap and I pulled it to my chest and absentmindedly stroked his ears. I needed the comfort of another being right now, and I didn't care if that being was Mr. Nibs. He didn't know it yet but he'd actually done me a greater service than anyone else in my life at the moment.

He'd opened the door whereby my body, mind, and soul were one.

Didn't mean I trusted him either.

I didn't much trust anyone right now.

'Can't breathe.'

"So, Mr. Nibs. Where have you been?"

'Oh, here and there. Learning that certain people are not to be trusted'

"Like I don't trust you."

'That's warranted considering what you know.
'

"New revelations for me?" I said with more venom than I'd intended.

'I guess it can wait. We're only in the beginning of a war for dominance after all. Heck the last one lasted almost fifty years and spawned some of the longest lived stories in the history of the human race, but you know. Take your time.'

"What are you talking about?"

'Only the fate of reality.'

"Stop talking nonsense, Mr. Nibs." Nothing happened. I tried again, "Mr. Nibs."

'It was never my true name, Mouse.' I felt laughter in my mind.

"What's so funny?"

'I just remembered why. . .I named the boy Marlin originally. Problem was he had no idea what a Marlin was, and the vowels kept getting mixed up.'

"Is there actually a hierarchy of these names or are you making all this up as you go?"

'Of course there's a hierarchy. Dog and Mouse at the bottom. Then sea fish. Then lizards. Then Birds. Then other land mammals. Then sea mammals. Then cats.

"So, it is actually saying someone is beneath a whale or a cat to call them Human?"

'Crap, you weren't supposed to catch onto that. Most familiars are too humanocentric to even realize that.'

"Ok, so, in these groups, there is no hierarchy?"

'Of course not. How much of a pain in the butt would that be?'

"They're names, got it."

I just sat there rubbing his head as he purred, that is until he started to nuzzle my breasts.

"Hey, watch that!"

'Sorry. Wasn't really realizing where I was for the moment.'

"Uh, huh."

'Getting scratched is almost as good as sex for a cat. I was completely in the moment and not really aware of my surroundings.'

"Oh, gross." I dumped him on the floor and went to the bathroom to wash my hands. I suddenly felt so accidentally violated.

'But it's a natural physiological response!'

"I am not having sex, in any form, with my cat.

'I'm your cat? I feel so honored.'

"Wait, I thought all you cat's felt that you were above humans. That you couldn't be owned?"

'So much to learn about cats, Mouse. There's a difference between belonging and ownership.'

"Oh, really."

'Of course. With belonging, you accept joint responsibility for me. With ownership you are saying you define me.'

"Like when I say someone is my boyfriend?"

'Don't you mean to say girlfriend?'

"No, I meant boyfriend."

'Oookay, well yes, it is like that. You don't own another person. You accept responsibility with them for their future. You are admitting your reliance one on another.'

"I'm still not having sex with you."

'Not even a little sckritch?'

"No."

'A minor rub?'

"Fine, as long as you don't nuzzle my breasts again."

I began to rub his neck, and realized that he'd distracted me from the entire reason I'd started holding him in the first place.

"Thanks, Mr. Nibs."

'For what?'

"For distracting me from my sucky life."

'That's what cats are for. But with your mention of boyfriends, I thought you were settling in nicely to being a girl.'

"Oh, being a girl is perfect for me. I never knew I always wanted to be a girl. No, it's everything in my life that I thought I knew that I don't want."

'Want to talk about it?'

"What for? Why would I want to talk about the betrayals of everyone I know, including you, with you?"

'Sometimes talking to someone about your problems doesn't make them seem so bad.'

"My Mom and dad sent me to a fake shrink who used magic and hypnosis to erase my entire life before the age of 8. They also had a new persona implanted there so that I would think I was a boy.

"They erased my first kiss. They erased every memory I had of my grandmother. And if that wasn't enough. . .actually that's about it. They erased me.

"Killing me would have been better."

'Really? You'd prefer to be dead than a seventeen year old girl?'

"But I'm not seventeen."

'Are you a witch, or aren't you?'

"I'm a witch."

'Then you're seventeen.'

"Huh?"

'A witch is one who defines the constants of reality, Mouse. You define birthdays, and loves. You define race and gender. You choose what everyone else perceives.'

"How can this be? They're supposed to be evil? Aren't they?"

'The witches lost last time, Mouse. Of course they were cast in a bad light by the winning side. Wizards only avoided it because of the strength of the ideal that was Arthur's Camelot.'

"I don't understand."

'Camelot as an example of perfect order has been upheld through wars, and concerted efforts by chaos to tear it down. Even attempts to destroy it as an ideal have failed. I mean all Le Morte d'Arthur did was keep the expand the fame of Arthur.'

"How did. . ."

'Simple, it impugned the manhood of Arthur suggesting that one of his nights had to service his wife for her to be satisfied.'

I blushed to my boots.

"Ok, this is insane. How come I'm reacting this way. I've said worse."

'You redefined your reality, Mouse. When you accepted your name, and your birth date, you changed your history.'

"I almost lost myself to that change."

'Which is why amateurs should not do magic. Remember yourself. Your personality has changed. Not all of it, but parts of it. Keep hold of who you were and you should regain it. Don't forget yourself.'

"How powerful is my definition of reality?" I said getting a small smile.

'For most witches? It might cover a week or two in time and their immediate surroundings.'

"I didn't ask for most witches."

'You have the ability to rewrite all of time.'

"Shit."
I sat there and let that sink in for a moment. I could redefine reality itself.

"You're mother is that powerful too, isn't she."

'Mother is not mine. She is your opposite.'

"My opposite?"

'Your rival. Your nemesis. Your opponent.'

"You keep disuading me from this. Am I powerful enough to. . ."

'STOP THINKING THAT!'

-You can read my thoughts.-

'Of course I can, especially with they're this loud. Do not consider what you are thinking. Do not contemplate it. Do not fantasize about it.'

"But, you're my cat. I just want. . ."

'You shouldn't want it.'

"You put the idea in my mind. It will not just go away, Mr. Nibs."

'STOP!!!!!!!'

"I CAN"T!"


I heard a scream, and the lights went out. Why didn't Mouse simply listen to me?

I was so tried, but there was something important that I needed to do. Something I had to remember.

I stretched. . .and something felt wrong. So wrong. The carpet just didn't feel right. It felt so rough. I opened my eyes and took a look at my hairless arms.

"What in the. . .Abbie, what in the hell did you do, girl!"

"You just called me Abbie, Mr. Nibs."

I was speechless. I sat up on my rump and looked at where Abbie was hiding her head in her arms. She was blushing as well.

"What? I'm just naked."

"Look at yourself in the mirror, you silly cat!"

"You self centered, ignorant, adolescent, human girl. What in the hell did you do to me?!"

up
94 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

That was my first thought -

littlerocksilver's picture

That was my first thought - could be a 'girl friend' though. I imagine the results are good, either way.

Girl.jpg
Portia

Portia

Okay, that's three excellent stories!

You've reached your quota. I can't even get one finished lately! I am so jealous. So I won't read any more from you until... oh hell, of course I will! Well Done!
I really want to know just what it is she did. Did she make him human?

Wren

chuckles.

Seems that Abbie is starting to exercise her powers now.

Poor Mr.(?)Nibs.

Maggie

Mister Nibs and Mouse: 5

Nibs now a human girl I believe.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Hairless

is relative.

Abbie is not a lesbian

Mr. Nibs kept reinforcing a specific thought

1+1+1=3



He entered the hall to get warm. She left it two hundred years later.
Faeriemage



He entered the hall to get warm. She left it two hundred years later.
Faeriemage

She recreated the first boy she ever kissed?

Mr Nibs is now is a copy of that young boy or what she imagines he would look like now? Mind you that might not be bad for Abbie if he retains certain cat attributes, like having vigorous sex 15 or more times in a few hours with a receptive female ... Though the tiny spikes on his pen...

YIKES!

You DIDN'T just read that. Put it out of your minds.

Better.

Hum. If Mr Nib's mom is not Mr Nib's actual mom then who was/is?

And how soon will she realize the quack doc was Mr Nib's *Mom*?

And if I read it right Merlin was really a girl transformed into a male to weaken his magic for the upcoming battle between cats and humans for the control of magic.

So how is Abbie his heir, by blood? Or how? If she can change reality as can Mr. Nibs and as so can Mr Nib's *mom* was then Abbie supposed to be or was in fact born a girl and was transformed to a male baby to prevent her gaining her legacy as a witch?

I am like so confused and why are our two cats looking at me ...

What was I talking about? Why am I reading this stupid story. I will go open a can of tuna as a treat to my friends and prop the door open so they may come and go as befits their majesty.

John in Wauwatosa who LUVS his benevolent furry masters

John in Wauwatosa

Merlin

Merlin was born a boy, I made a slight change to increase understanding.

Okay, if I made an actual flub somewhere and said that Merlin was a girl, then I need to know to fix it.

And I know you all don't want me to just tell you here what went on fifteen hundred years ago during the last war.



He entered the hall to get warm. She left it two hundred years later.
Faeriemage



He entered the hall to get warm. She left it two hundred years later.
Faeriemage

This is what made me suspect

This is what made me suspect Merlin was once or was supossed to be a female. From part 3, near the end.

>>
...

"Mouse understands the difference between knowing a true name and saying a true name."

"What!? That is so not good. How could you have done this to us, Feracles. This hasn't happened. . ."

"Since Merlin? I know. I know. Even working with our familiar Mab we were unable to bring him to heel."

Mother took a deep breath and let it out, "all may not be lost, Mr. Nibs. Merlin was a man, and he was called Gazelle long before his awakening."

"Good thing we never told HIM that or we could have had really big problems."

A thought occurred to me, "Funny how people think that Merlin was the good guy."

"Shhh. We have bigger problems than that right now."

...
>>

MY italics and bold.

1500 yeaars ago today?

Hum, the US banaced it's budgetz?

No, Bob Hope entertained the Visagoths?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Good point

Since I gave him a different cat name later anyway. Never considered that Gazelle sounded like a girl name before. I just thought about it's grace and speed.

Ok, made a change to the passage.



He entered the hall to get warm. She left it two hundred years later.
Faeriemage



He entered the hall to get warm. She left it two hundred years later.
Faeriemage

Cat Boy

terrynaut's picture

I think Mr. Nibs is still a mister. And he's definitely not a cat. Very cool.

I wonder if Abbie can fall in love with him. This will be so much fun to watch.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry