Lipstick and Muzzle Flashes - Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version
Lipstick and Muzzle Flashes
Chapter 1

by Ashie Vixen

Copyright © 2010 Ashie Vixen
All Rights Reserved.

 

The more things change the more they stay the same.

The actions of good people out weigh those of the bad. To cleanse the world of evil one must commit evil themselves. For what is good, but the lack of evil. So for good to exist its ugly twin must be welcomed as well. The reason the crime was commit ted defines its punishment and in the end I know I will face mine, but until then I'll keep doing what I do best - Keeping my girl safe.

I sat on the side of our bed the clock reading 4:15 A.M. with its red eyes. The clock has grown accustomed to my eyes greeting it at such hours… my insomnia being a wicked mistress to me, but I had a job to do so no time for anger I'll need to finish my task. I slowly stood up careful not to wake the sleeping angel in the bed next to me her arms searching the area I once occupied for my body. I put my hand on hers and brush her long black hair over her ears giving her a tender kiss on the cheeks before heading to the bathroom.
I stepped into the shower, the water heating quickly steaming the room rather nicely. I let the warm water embrace my weary body before running my hands through my hair. I always liked it shoulder length and the blond highlights in it which were fading, but I figured I might look into a new style. After letting the water of life pour over me I stepped out of the shower standing looking at the foggy floor length mirror.
"Heh... Who's that pretty girl in the mirror there?"

I always loved Westside Story and many a man and woman have made their move on me, but I pushed them away and kept them at a distance not wanting to let them know what was really inside me. That changed not too long ago that day still haunts me I can still hear the screams, but that’s all behind me. I was lucky with who I found. The young girl in my bed and our "sisters" up north had accepted what I was.

"Ashton? What are you doing?" I had let my self get lost in the vast catacombs of my mind not noticed the little bunny standing next to me.

"Getting ready love. I gotta job today."

"Oh...well. Just be careful ok don't want to lose you again." She hugged me tightly, our breasts squeezing together. I hugged her tightly back.

"No worries baby, that was only a one time ordeal. Now go get dressed you have to go to Lucia's. She'll look after you till I get back." She nodded before running off getting dressed as I did the same.
Skylar smiled as she slid into the seat next to me in our car as i began driving toward the airport.

"Ashton?"

"Yes love?"

"How long will you be gone?"

"Not too long. I'd say three days. Then I’ll be up at Lucia's and Leilah's house and we can go skating." She smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Sounds good. Promise me you won’t get hurt again."

"I'll try, babe."

"No, promise me."

"I promise." She kissed me again and I kissed her back.
I walked her to her flight. Holding her hand tightly as we made our way to the terminal. I pinched her rear a few times making her giggle and everyone there to watch us as we made our way. We kissed one last time and exchanged I love yous and she slowly boarded her plane. I waited till it left before making my way to the tarmac. I had my own flight to catch.

Aboard a small five- seater airplane, I put on the black jump suit waiting for me and signaled the pilot I was ready and we took off toward my destination. The lights shone dimly on the cruise liner my target had been vacationing on. As the plane flew by it I leaped from the plane. Though after jumping I realized I had left my chute in the plane, but no big deal ...I didn't need the extra weight anyway. As I neared the boat I threw a hook around one of the smoke stacks using it to keep me from plunging into the water.

I quickly climbed aboard, quietly making my way through the ships numerous passage ways stalking my quarry like a cat would a mouse. He soon retired to his suite.I followed him hiding in the dark areas of the boat. As he entered his room I walked to the door and knocked. He opened the door, but before he could answer I plowed my head into his stomach sending him backwards into the room. I locked the door behind me as I pulled a pistol from my holster pointing it at him.

"Please cooperate, I want to go home soon. The holidays and all so please don't struggle, you won’t like what happens." He didn't listen. He jumped forward grabbing the gun from my hand and hitting me with his fist. I stumbled back with my lip bleeding.
"Sigh... wanna be rough? Heh, I can do rough" I removed my gloves the man laughing at me keeping the gun pointed at me and shouting commands at me. Sadly for him I wasn't listening. I let out an animalistic growl before extending my razor sharp claws [with] my teeth becoming more fang like. He trembled shouting “What are you” like they always do so I answered like I always do.

"A kitty you shouldn't have pissed off." With that I cartwheeled toward him first knocking the gun away before slicing his jugular wide open spraying a crimson mist all over me.

"Shit, I hate it when this happens" I pulled out a tube of cherry red lip stick and left a heart drawn on his mirror. My calling card. After doing so I stripped off my clothes and put them in a bag before sneaking into another room using my claws to pick the lock. I stole some clothes from the people there and headed to the top deck. After making sure I was alone I dumped my bag containing my bloody clothes and blended into the crowd preparing to leave the boat. They never knew I was there. I snuck off the boat with the crowd and hurried to the taxi waiting to take me to the airport. As I sat inside the driver handed me my handbag containing my passport wallet and my ticket to Canada. I tried to hide the cut on my lip, but to no avail. It stuck out like a sore thumb. I muttered under my breath.

"Skylar's gonna be pissed. Though I think I know how to get her to forgive me." I grinned making a mental note to pick her up some candies and to get movie tickets for Lucia and Leilah so I could have alone time with Skylar.

Authors note.
Hey everyone! Just wanted to say thanks for reading And i wanna thank well everyone who helped me get strated on here,but most importantly Djkuaf for editing this for me cause I have a hard time with that cause I don't habe alot of time and I'm usually doiung so many things at one time that i forget so thanks again and thanks for your comments. ^_^

 
 

*          *          *

 
End of Chapter 1
 
 
To Be Continued...

up
49 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

a nice short story

The physics of the airplane jump / getting aboard the ship were a bit puzzling, but I liked the rest of it.

Bit of a big mistake

to jump out of a plane without your parachute!! Although it does sound like Ashton did not really need it, Hopefully in part two we can find out more about the powers Ashton has and a little more about her background, But i have to say Ashie, I did enjoy the first chapter.

Kirri

an interesting start

I like what you've got so far.. but please, find an editor. I almost gave up after the first two paragraphs.

i know i wasnt able to edit

i know i wasnt able to edit caus eim a new author but i can now

editor

Ashie, that wasn't a negative. Most of us have someone edit our stories before they are submitted. I'm so involved in writing my story I forget punctuations. I suppose, you could ask Erin if she has a recommendation of who to ask. I have some one edit mine that I was friendly with before I decided to give it a try .
Karen

Unfinished Story...

I think this is a very good first post story. I see some constructive criticism, but a lack of what is good about the story for people posting their first story. I like her unexpected use of a dark heroine, with super hero like ability. I would like to know what motivates her. I know her daughter is part of it, I suspect revenge...
She has left the first chapter with a cliffhanger: Why, what is she hiding. One suspects she might have been a he. I suspect changing her identity protected the daughter as well as self. But from what and why aren't law people involved.

The writer has used words well to paint a vivid picture. But as we look it is easy to see at best we have is part of a jigsaw puzzle. How much of the story do we see?

Hugs of encouragement to Ashie Vixen
Jessica C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors