It's A Cruel World Part 9

Printer-friendly version

Katelyn shivers as she gets out of bed. She looks at Caroline and knew she needed to go out and potty. She grabs her heavy house robe and step into her slippers. She was glad she bought fur line slippers to wear. She lets Caroline out back to do her business.

She shivers even more when she feels the cold air outside. Katelyn stands at the back door and watches as Caroline sniffs around for the best spot to do her business. She swears Caroline is very picky about where she poops and pee.

When Caroline starts walking back to the back door, Katelyn opens it. She looks down at her “did you get everything out this time?”

Caroline just looks up at Katelyn with her tongue hanging out and panting. She barks once at Katelyn.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” Katelyn walks over to where she keeps the treats for Caroline and gives her one.

While Caroline eats the treat, Katelyn goes about fixing a cup of coffee. She, and Clair went out and got everything for Thanksgiving dinner and planning on cooking everything at five in the morning on Thanksgiving Day. She’ll prepare some of the dishes the night before.

After feeding Caroline, Katelyn fixes herself a cup of coffee and put three slices of cheese toast in the toaster oven to heat up. She has been eating cheese toast and popcorn chicken a lot lately. Mainly, because it was quick and easy to prepare.

Katelyn watches as Barbara comes walking into the kitchen. She was wearing a flannel night gown and slippers as well.

“Morning, Barb.” Katelyn smiles at Barbara.

Barbara just waves at Katelyn. She grabs her favorite coffee mug and fixes herself a cup of coffee. Barbara turns to look at Katelyn “how is your investigation going?”

“Slow, I have to be careful about what I do at Xe security. The information I need to access can only be accessed by a few authorized people.” Katelyn takes a sip from her coffee.

“Sounds like you need someone who is good at cracking into computers.” Barbara knew a few people.

“I don’t know anyone who can do that.” Katelyn didn’t know any hackers.

“I might be able to help you out. The thing is, dealing with these people can be tricky.” Barbara had a few she normally uses.

“As long as they can be trusted and won’t leak what I gain from them, I don’t mind.” Katelyn didn’t mind using a hacker. She has seen enough movies where hackers come in handy on collecting information.

“All right, I’ll get in touch with the individual.” Barbara knew the perfect person to call to help Katelyn out.

“Thanks.” Katelyn takes another sip form her coffee mug.

After eating her toast and making a second cup of coffee. Katelyn busies herself making some desserts for Thanksgiving. After she finishes doing that, she starts defrosting the turkey and ham.

Barbara watches as Katelyn makes several chocolate pies, pumpkin pies, and several apple pies as well. She was surprised that Katelyn knew how to make pies.

“Where did you learn how to cook?” Barbara was curious.

“From my aunt. She said since I wasn’t going to school any more and since I’ll have to survive on my own. I should learn how to cook for
myself. So, she had me help her or cook the evening meal after I got home from work. Now, I know why she always complained about having three jobs.”

“Three jobs?” Barbara had a puzzled look on her face.

“Yeah, her day time job away from the house. Coming home and taking care of my uncle and me. And being the family cook, maid, and wife.
After I dropped out of school and got my GED. She made me take care of myself since both of them felt I was being to uppity about how I felt.”

“I can see why they would think that. Your aunt and uncle don’t agree with your decision.” Barbara has met Katelyn’s relatives and knew they
didn’t approve of how she handled everything. They felt she should had done what the school said.

“Well, you know me. I didn’t give a fart what they thought. I had to be myself. I think that if people stopped listening to their damn preachers and stop reading what they want into a book put together by a bunch of old men two thousand years ago. We wouldn’t have half the problems we do now. Religion, people who want power over others and greed are the major problems this planet has.” Katelyn hated when people tried to use religious beliefs to justify their ignorant towards others. All because they believe if you are born one way, you should spend your life that way.

“Well, you know the old saying Katelyn. People’s options are like assholes, everyone has one.” Barbara takes a sip from her coffee.

“Are you saying I’m being an asshole, Barb?” Katelyn looks towards her friend.

“No, but you are right about other people. People like things to be simple, not don’t adapt well to change and don’t want things to change.”
Barbara knew that from years of living and meeting people.

“And people who have money and power don’t think us little poor people should tell them what to do. There are times I would love to have no morals and just shoot all those assholes.” Katelyn wonder if you killed a few of them, what they would think after that.

Once all the pies were made and put aside. Cindy and Clare enter to help get everything else made and cooked. While that was going on,
Katelyn wonders if she is turning into those type of people. She hated that she couldn’t continue on the swim team and that she was forced to drop out because one of the town’s bitches wanted an apology form her and she wouldn’t do it. In the end, the bitch won.

Katelyn waves at Freddie as he comes walking out of the bathroom with his towel wrapped around his waist. If she was into men, she might be attentive to him. Also, if he was into women, it might be the same as well. The thing was, Freddie liked girly men or Bears. She shivers just thinking about that. Some of them were really nice and the others, well. She wouldn’t want to be seen in public with them.

Katelyn walks into her bedroom to grab her tablet and head back to the kitchen. She spots Clare and Cindy dancing as everything was cooking.

“You ladies look like your having fun.” Katelyn watches her friends.

“Our favorite song was playing earlier.” Cindy was smiling. She loved dancing with her girlfriend.

Kathlyn smiles as she checks on everything. She was happy that Cindy and Clare were enjoying themselves.

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Resisting change

People like things to be simple, [and] don’t adapt well to change and don’t want things to change.

That is very true! Recently I found the following quote on a tea-bag tag in German:

Wandel und Wechsel liebt, wer lebt.

Transformation and change is empbraced by him who lives.

In other words, those that oppose and resist change and/or transformation do not live and are therefore dead! The are just not aware of that little but significant fact.