Losing tags when changing book outline settings?

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I noticed that someone had linked parts 2 and 3 of "The Manumission Game" under part 1, instead of all three parts under an independent title page. I find that confusing when I see it on other stories -- it tends to look, in some contexts, as though the story is long abandoned with just one chapter -- so I tried to add a new title page with ++Organizer, and then link the three existing chapters to that title page. Chapter 3 looks fine, but chapters 1 and 2 have lost all their genre/trope tags (like Novella, Transgender, Magic, etc.).

Also, even though parts 1 and 2 are under the title page, they *also* show up as separate items in the list of my stories in the right-hand sidebar (along with the title page). Why is that? Is there something I can do to fix it, or is it something only an admin can fix?

It may be relevant that parts 1 and 2 were posted before the downtime, and part 3 after the site came back up. But I think they still had their tags after the site maintenance and before I changed their outline settings.

As mentioned in threads about the downtime

A number of stories lost their tags as a result of the issue with the server and postings of "The Manumission Game" were on the list. If not replaced by authors they would have been done manually by the admin team who may not have read the story to know which tags to replace or due to time limitations (so many stories to fix, so little time).

The issue with duplicate entries on the right hand side has also been mentioned, they are referred to as ghost entries and at this point in time requires another manual edit, this time to the website database directly.

Book outlining is one of those features of the site that is commonly thought to be automatic but is totally manual, if an author wishes to have a separate book page for their story then we encourage them to do it, however if there isn't one then we will link all subsequent postings to the original one, it is one of the few ways we can keep the story admin to a manageable level.

Hugs
Cat

-
You can't choose your relatives but you can choose your family.