comic book chick pics

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I was thinking of trying to make some pictures for my "E-Girl" universe, and especially for a new heroine I am thinking about. Any suggestions on where I could find some pictures not copyrighted?

Images...

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Well, there are a few places I know of where you can get free images.

Flickr.com:

After you do a search you can click the 'advanced' link and scroll down and select the check box that says: 'Only search within Creative Commons-licensed content'. Be forewarned some of the stuff may posted under a creative commons license, but that doesn't necessarily mean it should be. For example, I was looking on there the other day and saw artwork using a copyrighted character label under Creative Commons. The character did not belong to the person posting the image therefore they have no rights to the character. Also be sure to check and make sure the user hasn't put restrictions on the use of their images.

Deviant art:

You can look in the Resources & Stock images section. Be forewarned not all the images are free for use, make sure you also check the user's rules. Many will not allow their images to be used outside of DA and most require you to contact them before using them.

Wikimedia Commons:

I haven't had much success with this site (I've found a grand total of 1 image), but there are lots of images available and best yet they're all free to use.

Stock Exchange:

I hate even mentioning this site because most the images I've ever found had rather strict usage restrictions.

Have delightfully devious day,

make your own

To guarantee that it's not copyrighted by someone else, create your own character art.

There are a couple of tools out there where you can design your own superhero type character:
Fabrica de heróis makes characters that look kind of like the Justice League cartoon. It's foreign, but most things make sense. I'm having trouble making it work right now, though.

Hero Machine is a little easier to use, and is sort of like a cross between a digital paper doll and a digital coloring book.

Thanks Jennifer!

Hey I wanted to tell you thanks for the hint on Hero Machine! I'm a big comic book fan and I love the new 3.0 version. I played with it all day!

Try HeroMachine....

I would suggest " HeroMachine", which can be found any diffrent places... just google "heromachine" and you can finnd this FREE app many diffret places.

I would suggest the HOME site at http://www.heromachine.com

Enjoy!
Sapphire