Need help: checking grammar after translation from German -> English

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Hi to everybody,

I'm new here from Germany. I write for some time stories for myself. Now I would like to post it here.

I need help to check my story for the right grammar.

My workflow in the meantime is as follow:

1. Write my story with In Design.

2. Translate part of my stories with Goggle translator.

3. Check the grammar with word.

4. Check the grammar personally.

But I think there are still mistakes.

So I search for an editor to check my grammar and it will be the best if he speaks German too. Because than She / He will be able to read the original story.

Please contact me if you have interest to do this work.

Tanja

A note on Google Translator

Hi Tanja,

Google translator doesn't produce readable English. The effort required to follow the output of Google translator is immense and it often produces utter nonsense. Stories like the ones posted on BCTS really should be translated by a human translator. Now, mind you, this is not in any way official, it's my opinion only.

---------

Google Translator produziert kein lesbares Englisch. Das Resultat einer Uebersetzung mit Google Translator ist aeusserst anstrengend zu lesen und oft ist die Uebersetzung kompletter Unsinn. Stories wie die, die auf BCTS veroeffentlicht werden sollten von einem menschlichen Uebersetzer bearbeitet werden. Dies ist allerdings keine offizielle Massgabe, sondern lediglich meine Meinung.

---------

The above is a proper German translation of the original text above. If you run the English text through Google translator, you will see what the German translation is like. Going the other way it is just as bad!

Der obige Text ist eine korrekte deutsche Uebersetzung des darueberstehenden Absatzes. Wenn du diesen durch Google Translator uebersetzen laesst und die beiden deutschen Texte vergleichst kannst du leicht sehen wie schlecht Google uebersetzt. In der anderen Richtung ist es genauso schlecht!

Cheers,

Melanie

translate

Hi Tanja,
Mein namen ist Sunni. I would be happy to translate your text and correct the english grammer. I don't speak or write German very well as a whole because it has been a longtime since I took german in college and I have not had much of a chance to practice. I do have some nice translating software designed for German and a good understanding of the structure so if you would like for me to help you while you help me get the practice I need please contact me at [email protected] and I will be glad to help as much as possible.

Sunni

I can help, but I'm not your ideal choice.

Beoca's picture

I have experience finding and reporting typos and grammatical issues here on BCTS, and would be willing to offer my services. However, my German is ... nonexistent.