How do I put a story in the contents list in the Retcon Universe?

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I started 'What Light Through Yonder Shadow...' Earlier This year. Lilith told me that it goes just before 'Green with Envy'. I've asked others how to put it there and I am still having trouble.
Could someone please help me?

it's not hard, but there's a catch

if you put your story in the Retcon hierarchy, it won't show up in the list of stories under your name, it's one or the other, it seems. (It will still show up under 'My Stories' for your own access, of course. It's just that other people won't be able to find it from your own title page.)

I'm not sure how much detail you need, but at the highest level:

1) create a title page for the story, and make sure the individual chapters of your story are moved under the new title page
2) set the title page to fall under the Comics Retcon parent.

If you want, I'm sure someone can do it for you, but first decide if it's okay for the story to not appear under your own name, but only in the Retcon list.

I don't think you can choose *where* the story will appear under the Retcon list, it seems to be in two groups, a batch of original stories, in alphabetical order, and then all the subsequent stories, in alphabetical order. It's not at all chronological in order of events.

There's a Retcon Wiki that will let you indicate when your story occurs, it's at:
http://comicsretcon.wikia.com/wiki/Comics_Retcon_Wiki

And, I agree with Stan, make sure it's okay with Lilith, but it sounds as if you've already been in contact with her.