Of Masks and Marvels

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

What ever happened to lady lightning?
Good story that..just... stopped.....

Lady lightning...

Bek got sidetracked then lost the thread. She swears she will pick it up again at some point.

Maggie

I've asked her about it

I PMed her a bit over on the Whateley forums about it. She seems to have more interest in a few of her other stories, some of which I'll be more than happy to see more of, but "Of Masks And Marvels" is by far the one of hers I would look forward to the most, so it's sad she doesn't seem to have the drive to write it at the moment.

Melanie E.

I know how that goes.

I have a few that people really would like for me to finish, too. But they just aren't what I'm doing now, or I've lost the thread on the stories entirely. Bek is a person who has an abundance of ideas to go with her writing talent, and like everyone else I have one story she started that I'd like to see finished, too.

But I'm guilty of the same thing, as mentioned above. Sometimes the story comes back, sometimes it doesn't. I can say that even when the writer really wants to finish something, sometimes it just isn't there.

Hopefully the one mentioned in this thread will be continued, it is good.

Maggie

*pulls out the whip*

"Finish the story!"

*Which story?*

"Any of them! They're all good! "

Does that help motivate you? :)

I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Story ideas

Whenever I get a story idea it's inevitably while I'm deep in something current, and I have to resist the temptation to start on that one as well.

I know I mustn't since I am well aware how limited my writing resources can be, and I know that the moment I start multi-threading I'll either write the wrong character into the wrong story or forget who has done what where or... or Sod's Law says Real Life will suddenly demand a great deal more of my time.

What I do is write down a synopsis of the plot and any characters which popped out and commit it to disk. Then, later on when I'm on the way to wrapping up the current story I can have a root through and see what to tackle next. If I can't remember why I thought up an idea or how it was going to work I'll leave it and look for something else. There's nearly always one that I can get going, usually two or three.

Penny

So close

Dahlia's picture

Such an awesome series and it was so close to her final transformation. I'd love to hear what ever became of L.L. and Justicar. Love stories always make my heart go pitter patter. Thanks for the story just the same. Like all things in life, we so often do not know the final outcomes.

Dahlia

Bek is generous

Hi, I used the name Mystery Hall as my pen name and wrote the Lady Lightning fan fiction "The horror of it All" . It fits in as chspter 19 A in the Masks and Marvels Universe. Bek is very generous and has given me permission to write non canon stories. Try not to disrupt the story line and I'm sure you can write in this Universe also. Steve even volunteers to help edit. Just ask nicely before publishing. Bek called my effort " My very own fan fiction".

E in Tennessee

The job opportunities for unpaid volunteers are limitless.

Of Masks and Marvels and

Of Masks and Marvels and Belle of the Ball by E.E. Nailey were both very good superhero stories on Sapphires that just kind of poofed, to my great sadness. Seeing E.E. writing here again gives me hope that there may be more Belle in the future. I also hold on to the hope to see more of Morgana sometime, oh great and wonderful Maggie. :D