I am confused about the readers comments

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I was delighted by the reaction and the comments to my first story, A boys letter. I wanted to see how Fictionmania readers would accept it and I was happy that it got 9. Most of them just written to say it depressed them lol. Well at least they bothered to tell me

So that inspired me to write a second one, to get the boy out. That got some comments here but at FM. well only one responded and I thought that many who were depressed by the sad story would be happy for the second. I dont know, I guess they may be. Now I am confused
But thanks to those that commented here :)

You'll go crazy

laika's picture

trying to figure out the whys and wherefores of the comments at Fictionmania, Princess. My own favorites from among my stories get virtually no comments, while ones I scraped off my shoe and formatted get more. And series, you can almost bet on there being a sharp drop off in comments. Look at Megan Campbell's SARAH CARERRA for example; while we here are getting increasingly into the fan speculation game, her comments at FM have dropped to nothing. Stories with erotic intent---no matter how unrealistic, unoriginal or poorly written---seem to get more comments (grateful praise from happy masturbators!) than, say ..... top notch science fiction or thoughtful masterpieces about transgender life. And then there's those comments over there where a single nut job decides your story is an abomination and you are scum and posts half a dozen comments under different stupid fake names telling you so, so you get lots of comments but of a kind no author wants. So anyway don't worry about it, it's not about your story but the strange vagaries of that particular site. ("Fuggedaboutit, Jake, it's Chinatown...")

My own thoughts on LETTER TO SANTA PART 2 are conflicted; pretty much what your one commenter Sissy Baby Paula said. Glad the mother & other evildoers got punished, and that she found happiness and a loving family, but sad that she got stuck with what she so clearly hadn't want, thanks to those super hormones; so it was like in a sense Mom won after all. And I was left wondering aren't there ANY stories where the feminized new girl goes back to being a boy? But this is criticizing a story just for being what it is instead of what the commentor wants/expected; something I try to avoid since it isn't really relevant or helpful; so I didn't comment. Well until now...
~~~hugs, Laika

Princess, I would have to

Princess,
I would have to agree with Laika and the "going crazy" comment if you worry about comments or lack thereof.
There are several stories, over the course of time, I have read that I don't comment on, but I will leave a vote for. Why I do that, in my mind, is a way of thanking the author for contributing, yet there may be something in the story that I find not to my liking. I hope for me at least this answers some of your concerns. I do thank you for writing stories and presenting them to us, as I don't think I could ever do so. Called lack of talent I believe. I also wish to say, I do hope you and all your loved ones have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hugs to you, Jan

BCTS Comments vs Fictionmania

RAMI
Dear Princess

In my unscientific opinion comparing the comments at Fictionmania, Crystal's Story Site, Nifty and here at BCTS is difficult becuase, while the there is probably a lot of crrossover in readership (I know I look at all 4 sites, but spend most of my time here), each site caters to some extent to a different readership. If a line was drawn between I guess nice/sweet to raunchy/rough then it would go from BCTS-Crystal's-Fictionmania-Nifty. So your second story, where everything is resolved may not be what some readers at the other site may want to see happen.

I also think that the ease of commenting and that the comments appear right under the story here, rather then having to take extra steps to both read and post a comment at the other sites lead to more and better comments at this site.

Mostly, I think that the readers here and the more frequent posters look at this site as a sort of extended family. I have never had even a minimal feeling of that occuring at Fictionmania.

RAMI

RAMI

Family

I have never had even a minimal feeling of that occuring at Fictionmania.

Gee, I don't know, the FM give and take sounds alot like my family. :-( Nasty jibes, slapdowns, bitter feelings. Feels just like home! ;-)

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather

"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Andrea Lena's picture

...the remark was clever and witty, but altogether sad. I'm sorry...I have been so blessed in the midst of everything I'm going through with two wonderful families and I am crying over your remark, which seems too sad to be anything but real. Thank you for your friendship, Karen...Bless you, dear one.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena