What a Day! Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

I woke up to the buzzing of my alarm clock.
“Crap!” I said aloud to myself. It was a week into summer vacation, and I still hadn’t fixed it so it would stop waking me up at 8:00 in the morning. I used to never have to worry about these things, but 8th grade had been a hassle for me, and I was glad to be leaving it behind. I walked out into the hall, As usual I thought of my now deceased father. He died when I was 2 in a car crash, leaving my mother to take care of me and my 5 sisters. Even after we had all gotten over his death, my mom left his office (that was right across my room) alone. My mom was usually gone to, because she was a pilot. Today was one of those days she was gone and was going to be gone the whole week, so it was just Emily, Jane, Sophia and Olivia, Leah, and I home today. Emily is the oldest at 18, Jane is 17, and Sophia and Olivia are twins, at 15, Leah is 14 and I’m 13. It might have been a good thing that I was woken up this early, because Jane had invited her whole cheer squad over (with mom’s approval) for a week-long slumber party. I had nowhere else to go, so I just decided to stay home. I didn’t really have any friends anyway, because no one really knew me, the down side of living in a big place like San Diego, California. I quickly poured myself a bowl of cereal and got in the shower. In the shower, I noticed that my Strawberry-Blond hair had gotten really long, past my shoulder. I’ll have to ask mom for a haircut when she gets back I thought. After finishing up in the shower, I got dressed and dried my hair. I could hear things going on in the kitchen, so I went to take a peak. Jane was setting up a bunch of snacks and stuff, while Emily sat at the counter, eating a sausage with her fingers. Olivia and Sophia were watching T.V. and Leah was sitting next to the twins, listening to her MP3 player. I grunted a greeting as I sat down next to Emily.
“Hi Matthew!” She said cheerfully. I gave a little grunt, and turned to Jane.
“When are the girls arriving?” I asked.
“Soon.” She replied without looking up. I looked at the clock and noticed it was 10:30.
“When’s soon?”
“11:00, but Bell should be here any second.” Bell had been Jane’s best friend since 2nd grade, and they were inseparable. As if on queue, our doorbell rang. Jane went to answer it, and I went back to my room. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against Bell, but I had to get my surprise ready. I reached up to the top shelf in my closet, where I had put it. Since I was tall for my age (About as tall as Jane and all her friends) I didn’t even have to stretch. See, the one of the things I knew was going to happen tonight or tomorrow, is they were going to paint each other’s toenails and fingernails, so I had grabbed all of Jane’s nail polish! I was going to hide it in some bizarre place, and, well, I don’t know what I’m going to do from there, but I would figure something out.
Soon, 14 girls were here, and they were only waiting on 2 more. I could hear them giggling and screaming outside my door. I sighed, but kept listening, waiting for the subject of nail polish to come up. I sighed, looking at the clock. 7:23 it said in red digital letters. I decided to get dinner, so I got up and walked out of my room. By this time, the two other girls, Chelsea and Megan had shown up. I walked over to where Jane was braiding another girl’s hair.
“Hey, what’s for dinner?” I asked.
“Pizza will be here in like, 5 minutes! Why don’t you come and hang out with us?” I bluntly refused, and walked out of the mob of females. Just as I had left them behind, one of them I recognized as Claire came up to me. She had beautiful black hair that was down to her shoulders. Currently, she had it up in a pony tail, revealing her soft, gentle emerald eyes.
“Hey, Your Jane’s little sister right?” Before she gave me a time to respond, she continued. “Do you know what time the Pizza’s getting here?” I completely forgot about her calling me a girl as I melted into those soft eyes.
“Um…five minutes”
“Thanks!” She said, and then walked away. I stared dumbly after her, as she went to talk to Jane. She said something, and then Jane giggled, and shook her head, saying something else. Claire giggled, and then walked back over to me.
“Sorry, I didn’t know you were a boy, it’s just that, you look so much like a girl! I mean a little make up and a skirt and you could totally pass!” I wasn’t sure whether I should thank her, or slap her, so instead I just politely smiled and walked away. Still pondering what just happened, I walked over to the kitchen. 10 minutes later, the doorbell rang. I went over and retrieved 3 large pizzas from the delivery guy. I quickly took 2 slices of meat lovers, and called,
“Pizza!” And set them on a table. I dashed back to my room, before the mob of girls could trample over me. I hungrily devoured my pizza, and continued eavesdropping, waiting and waiting. It was 2:00 AM before they finally crashed. I was dead tired, and there had been no mention of nail polish, so I quickly fell asleep.
I woke up and the first thing I noticed was Jane’s brown hair next to me. Surprised, I quickly sat up, and found I was surrounded by sleeping female bodies. I quickly shook Jane. She grumbled and rolled over to face me.
“Matthew…what the hell do you want?”
“Why am I here?”
“Don’t you remember? Last night, at about 2:30 we came into your room, and asked if you wanted to sleep with us, you said you didn’t care, so we dragged you out here! Now go back to sleep!” Slowly, memories came flooding back to me. I shook my head and fell back down into the deep clutching depths of sleep.

up
102 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looks like

ALISON

'Matthew is going to have a week to remember!

ALISON

Good Story

RAMI

Welcome to BCTS. This story seems as if it has alot of potential. It can go many ways. I wonder if his sisters and her friends have a conspiracy planned, or everything happens in a haphazad manner.

Some guys would find the situation at least at the start as being in heaven.

RAMI

RAMI

Welcome to BC/TS Emily.

Your lines are too close together but that did not detract from the story. It seems Matthew's little prank backfired and I can't wait to see how his week turns out as one of the girls. Like Claire said, "...a little makeup and a skirt and you could totally pass." So how will Matty take to the changes the girls will force on him? I can't wait to see what color polish they put on his nails. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

closeness of the lines

I agree a little spacing would help. I have to wonder about the girls though. Not too many girls would drag a boy to come sleep with them ....

"Let me succeed. If I cannot succeed let me be brave in the attempt." Pledge of the Special Olympics.

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

What a Day! Chapter 1

A very good start on a new story. And a Hearty welcome to the Big Closet Family Of Authors

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

needing chapters

I liked the beginning of your story. However another chapter or more needs to be added, it left us hanging there in space. what happens during this week? what about the nail polish he has hidden? Do they turn him into a girl or a sissy-boy? Inquiring minds are seeking answers to these questions.

The guy...

...must be gay. I not only would go wide awake if 17 girls wanted me to sleep with them but I would then not be able to go back to sleep (not immediately anyway). Point being I wouldn't wake up not knowing the circumstances that he found himself in.