The forming of a female genitalia and urination

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Caution: 

In the classic story "A life ever changing", Ricky/Rachel gets operated on to receive a female vulva (the correct term for the outer genitalia). In the first phase, Rachel is declared incontinent and dressed in adult diapers. How true is this with operations to give a temporary/permanent female genitalia? I love to have stories where the transiting male-to-female has to wear diapers due to the operation.

In My Op...

Dr. Stanley Biber, Trinidad Co, June 22, 1992... I think he damaged the sense and motor nerves leading to my bladder. I gained control of my urethral sphincter sometime before my catheter was removed; my first urination took quite a while to start. I started noticing that I couldn't hold off a pee for very long (maybe 3 - 5 minutes) after I was home and going out of the house. Quite a few times I peed myself while rushing home in my car; just couldn't hold it. I also noticed that I had a hard time knowing I had to pee and that I couldn't push the pee out the way I used to. I figured I couldn't contract my bladder muscles because of some nerve disruption.

Sometimes, when I went away from the house, I'd wear a heavy pad. If I needed to pee urgently I could release a little, the pad would soak it up, then I could hold for some more minutes. I had an offer of some adult diapers from another Tgal who had to use them for some problem not related to transitioning. I had a few for a number or years, but didn't ever use them.

After a few years I was able to tell when I needed to go quite a bit better and I could "hold it" for twenty or thirty minutes. I usually drink plenty of water to keep myself hydrated for biking; it's especially needed in hot seasons in the PHX, AZ area. Often, going on a 1.5 hour trip food shopping, I'll pee right before I leave and need to go again at the food mart before I come home. OTOH if I go on a 3 hour bike ride, I drink while I'm riding, but I sweat so much that I can pee (usually not much volume) if I have the opportunity, but hardly ever need to until sometime after the ride.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

As those stories

Angharad's picture

didn't involve any surgery to the urethra or bladder, incontinence shouldn't have followed. It is however more common on things like surgery to prostate glands or removal of tumours from the bladder. Surgery to the penis, as in SRS, can carry a risk of urinary incontinence.

Angharad

Kidney stones

It has nothing to do with SRS, but kidney stones can cause such damage as prevents normal urination habits.

I've had three bouts with them.

Now, drinking at least 1 to 4 beers a day and putting in a water softening system, I hope to NEVER have that go on again.

Passing a half a dime sized stone that scrapes and tears it's way out (I mean it was the size of a dime and I passed half of it) is nothing I recommend even to the most masochistic--among whom I number myself not at all. (FYI, the drugs and diet were supposed to disintegrate the stones. Didn't so much work.).

Question, if I ever get to transition, would my alcohol tolerance fall to feminine levels?

They say anything they might do to alleviate (laser and balloon) the non-sealing attributes of the scar tissue could either be over or underdone, and each as likely as getting it right. While I frequently have no problems, I also sometimes get about 90 seconds warning I'd better find a good place to pee, because I'm going to.

My Op isn't typical,

in that it went badly twice, but I have had incontinence. I'm trying Kegel exercises, which seemed to help. I'm not totally convinced, but it may have been a post op bladder infection.

Either way, I wear feminine pads, just in case, all the time. I have very short notice when I have to go, which I ignore at risk of a childish accident.

there is usually more to it.

dawnfyre's picture

One post of TS friend had an issue with the surgery, the surgeon managed to nick her bowels, so she has an uncontrolled discharge from the bowels through her vagina and is in diapers 24/7.

When you consider the impact on the body from the surgery, it only seems natural that there will be some control issue for a few days afterwards.

Stupidity is a capital offense. A summary not indictable.