Fun Morning -_-

So I took my dog out this morning at about 2am. I let him out the back door and went to pee. Its our usual routine. By the time I'm done, he's usually done too. Today he took a little bit more time because he hadn't been out for a few hours what with the fireworks and all. I should have known something was wrong when he didn't come in right away. I had to go out and get him and everything seemed to be fine when I did. It wasn't until we got close to the house that I noticed he was severely foaming at the mouth. Of course my first instincts were to panic. I mean you see a foaming animal, you think one thing.

My brain shut off.

Then common sense came back and I realized he was vaccinated. Other thoughts started kicking in though...did he eat something bad? Was he poisoned? Was I going to lose another dog almost a year to the day after I lost my dog last year? I was terrified beyond measure. So I got on the phone with my brother and we talked it through. He was pretty convinced he must have eaten a spent firework. I was too at that point. Though there was a smell that I couldn't quite shake. It was all over the dog and really making the room smell horrible.

So I hit google. When smelly white foam and dogs turned up nothing, I tried googling "Dog came inside foaming at the mouth and smelling like burnt garlic". I found my answer....

Idiot got sprayed by a skunk.

The more I thought about it the more I remembered earlier and how he went after what I thought was a cat. Then tonight when I went out to get him, I heard rustling in the bushes. There are quite a few strays around here. Yeah so now he needs a nice, soapy bath with a fun solution I found online that's supposed to get rid of the smell.

Fingers crossed.

:D.

Click Like, Love or Thank to appropriately show your appreciation for this post: