Linking a YouTube snipit

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

There are times when I wanted to have a comment block show a YouTube video. It turned out to be quite easy.

I find it best to have two tabs open when I do this, one tab is the story that you will comment on, the second tab is the selected YouTube.

Now start your comment, when in the body block you just type the text that describes your link, highlight it, click the make-link button, (in the tools icons above the body block you write or paste in)

Now click over to the second tab and your selected YouTube. With the selection up (and showing?) find the box (sometimes above the picture screen some times below) that says [share] and click it.

Next click on the box that states [imbed], some highlighted text will appear to the left and also some check boxes below that text. first UN-check the box that asks "Show suggested videos when the video finishes", how re-highlight the text and "copy" it.

Go back to the tab you were working your comment in. A box had formed when you had clicked on the "make link" icon, where it says "link URL", left click, then right click and "paste". The imbed code should fill the URL box. Now click on "OK".

Finish your comment, preview and then save. (to test link in preview use a right click and open either in a new tab or new page.)

When the link is clicked on it will do a full screen of the YouTube with the play triangle in the center. It works just fine and needs no extra code etc.

As an example, the following PBS program on the death of the Zeppelin Hindenburg (about an hour long).