Frequently Asked Questions

Printer-friendly version

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Frequently Asked Questions

by Erin and Various Hands

This is probably long overdue but here it is. This 'Book' will contain articles on FAQs by me and by anyone else who wants to contribute one. I'll be adding to it as I get around to it and it should be sufficently crosslinked to make it easy to navigate--eventually. :) Look up in the left hand corner of the browser window for an index of FAQ articles. Or click on [How to] (which might bring up the odd story with "how to" in the title). -- Erin

Authors

Why does it seem that the same authors show up over and over again here.

Authors

erin's picture

The simple answer is that they are the ones who submit stories. Since anyone can submit a story here and that story appears on the site immediately, subject to my gentle editing later, the authors whose stories appear here mostly have only themselves to blame. :)

A few authors do send stories to me or someone else to post for them, I'm sort of behind in doing this. Also, I occasionally move a story from Classic BigCloset to TopShelf, these are usually my own stories, stories I particularly enjoy or stories by authors who have either asked me to do this or have expressed the wish that someone would.

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

How to make your story synopsis show up the Top Shelf front page

When entering your story, place your short synopsis at the very beginning of the story text, then insert the following single line of code (substituting the actual "less than" and "greater than" symbols without the parentheses, which don't show up here because they are html code indicators):
(less than sign)!--break--(greater than sign)

Everything before that line will appear on the front page.

Amelia

"Reading rots the mind." - Uncle Analdas