Scheduling options

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I recently had a problem when I posted a chapter of my story on 7th September for it to appear on the 10th, using the Scheduling options. I did this because I was going to be travelling on 9th & 10th and would not be able to get to a computer on the day I wished it to appear. The story appeared ok but by then many other stories had been posted between the Wednesday and the Saturday and so my chapter never got to appear on the BC front page. As a result it received only about 25% of the hits of the other chapters. Did I do anything wrong, or is there some way of getting over this problem if I need to schedule a story in advance on another occasion?

Louise

Post-posting :)

There was a message recently by Erin to the effect that this function is 'broken'. What happens is that the system posts your article when you specify it to, but the date of posting is set as the date when you submitted it.

This means, since the front page is sorted by date and time of submission, that it gets shoved right down the page.

Things might improve with the next update of Drupal (the software Erin uses). Don't hold your breath.

Penny

PS I get issues when I can't post as I would have wished: the folks here are generally good enough to understand that you can't do it when you can't do it. Just wait till you get back, is the advice I would offer. It's not Life and Death, after all.

Scheduling options

That's why I suggest that you let an Administrator post a story for you. That way, it'll post when you want.

Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

That works, but ...

littlerocksilver's picture

When I had someone volunteer to post a chapter for me, the PMs went to the poster, not the author.

Girl.jpg
Portia

Portia

Volunteer Moderators

erin's picture

Volunteers with moderator privileges can fudge the poster info so you show as the poster.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.