Should stories be submitted for review before posting?

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Erin,
I have two stories I might contribute.
One is a take on ancient Rome with beastiality
the other is a nasty brutal violent kidnap
story.
Could/should I submit them to you for review
before posting?
Janet

Thank you

RAMI

Dear Janet:

Thank you for asking Erin's guidance prior to posting stories that might receive extremely negative reponses or attacks.
If she gives permission, please continue your positive efforts by including the proper tags, warnings, ratings, etc.

I for one, will not read your Rome story, because to me beastiality is as disgusting and demeaning as it gets. I am not sure you will get many favorable reviews here.

Perhaps you should try the Nifty site. In their list of story groups, there is one for beastiality.
I have never read any, but there always see to be several stories listed. I think literotica also has a section for beastiality.

Again thanks for being a courteous author and member of BCTS.

RAMI

RAMI

Stories are stories

erin's picture

I don't review stories before they are posted. Doing so would make me legally responsible for their contents in the case of libel or copyright infringement.

You can post any story you like but if it gets a groundswell of opinion that it should not be here, then I will take a look at the story and decide if I agree. I may take the story down and I may defend its right to be here.

Bestiality, however is a no-no. It's in the contract I signed with my ISP. Sex with transformed people in my opinion is not bestiality, however, no matter the form they have taken. A story posted here that contained bestiality in the barnyard sense the word is usually meant, not for humor or satire, would probably be pulled when someone pointed it out to me.

Graphically described sex between adults and children is in the same category. Graphically described torture, too.

These are judgement calls and I don't make them a priori nor have I had to make them very often. I think I have pulled maybe six stories in eleven years of doing this -- and three of them were pulled because they weren't stories, not for content reasons. Like I moved your question out of being listed as a story. Use a blog post or a forum post for things that are not poetry, fiction or autobiographical articles.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

oh darn there goes my ancient rome story

it was going to be so good too. a transsexual senator goes to Caligula court get arrested, there was going to be tigers, sex with bears and a large bull before he was eaten by a lion at the games. oh well

i was kidding Erin :) Ancient rome was a disgusting place

Write that up in script

Melanie Brown's picture

Write that up in script format and I bet HBO will green light it for a made-for-cable movie. Just don't include me in the credits...

Melanie

Should stories be submitted for review before posting?

Janet, if you believe that your stories need reviewing, seek out a few authors who u trust and get their feedback and/or post at Fictionmania.

Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine